r.w.smith

Wang Liping Seminar Complaints

Hi all,

I just spoke to a few people who attended Kathy Li's Seminar in Atlanta Recently. Several people have complained that nothing about the golden flower meditation was explained or even taught,among many other things advertised Here.

Kathy's response when asked why they will not be learning this was........... Master Wang said so. Some other

This is not right. If you advertise something & people pay money, then you must teach what You Advertised. Imagine if somebody flew from another country on the Hope of learning these arts,Only to be told they wont be learning them.

Much of the Instruction was so basic & consisted of a little tree qigong (ping heng gong) and 4 main breathing techniques. However The students had the Great Oppurtunity to speak with Master Wang Via video link who was in Russia,Holding another Seminar.

I truly thought there would be more then 7 people attending this event. I expected dozens or hundreds. Not as popular as i thought.

Its unfortunate that 1st impressions last a lifetime.

Regards

I am sure everything will work out.

All the Best

Edited by 11:33

As a binginner, why do you need to practice too much within three days or less? How about your foundation?

You sholud know how much the money you should pay if you go for related Seminars ( at least twice last year) in China.

In China, you can ask how many people want to meet Master Wang, and they got a chance?

For the conversation almost with face to face, anwsering the questions which had confused many people, even very private cases, I don't think everybody will have an opportunity to experience that with Manster Wang.

:unsure:

Hi all,

I just spoke to a few people who attended Kathy Li's Seminar in Atlanta Recently. Several people have complained that nothing about the golden flower meditation was explained or even taught,among many other things advertised Here.

Kathy's response when asked why they will not be learning this was........... Master Wang said so. Some other

This is not right. If you advertise something & people pay money, then you must teach what You Advertised. Imagine if somebody flew from another country on the Hope of learning these arts,Only to be told they wont be learning them.

Much of the Instruction was so basic & consisted of a little tree qigong (ping heng gong) and 4 main breathing techniques. However The students had the Great Oppurtunity to speak with Master Wang Via video link who was in Russia,Holding another Seminar.

I truly thought there would be more then 7 people attending this event. I expected dozens or hundreds. Not as popular as i thought.

Its unfortunate that 1st impressions last a lifetime.

Regards

I was surprised it was only 3 days. Usually a seminar last 10 days.

Hi,

I'm opening for all the people they want to get their money back for the "false advertising", if you thought you didn't get the valuable experiences. So far, I got warm feed back, no complain. If you have any complain, please directly speak to me.

The "Golden Flower " is for practice your upper Dan-Tian. We discussed the issues about the three Dan-Tian with Master Wang face to face. He clearly said that it's harm for the beginners focused on upper Dan-Tian. Master Wang only suggested one of the participant (had been trained privately with Qin-Lin before, and his full lotus is more than 1 hour) is ready to practice "Golden Flower " . So, we changed our teachings to only introduce the theory of "Golden Flower ".

We practice the seven star (big dipper) group meditation, most of the participants had great vibration. Because of the language problem, only three of the seven stars had the ability to chant the mantra. I believe most of the participants feel the power. But, if your "antenna" not ready to receive the energy (eg. hold your back straight with cross-legged sitting at least 15 minutes), it's no wonder the energy didn't vibrate you.

All of my teaching is guided by master wang's daily direction. I don't want to ruin our Classical Daoism Practicing. As Ken said, the workshop normally 10 days. Unfortunately, I only have 3 days holiday. I have my own full time job (not full time "Meditation teacher"). If you want to learn more, please go to China. The Classical Daoism Health Science and Technology are opening to all of you.

I am sorry to hear about this. I was very excited to hear about this seminar. Have you commanded your money back because of false advertising? I am sure the travel and hotel costs were more significant to the trip though...

I am sorry to hear about this... What were the four main breathing techniques?

All the Best

Hello Kathy,

I want to thank you for offering genuine Taoist practice in the US. I 100% respect your desire to not ruin a time-honored teaching by teaching things before the student is prepared.

I hope this experience doesn't put a bad taste in your mouth. It is just my small and insignificant suggestion that in the future you be more clear about what will definitely be taught, and what may only be taught depending on the student's level of development and depending on Sifu Wang's direct approval.

Even without the Golden Flower, I wish I could have been there :)

All the Best,

Alex

I agree with Kathy, if you have any grievance towards the seminar with her. Address it directly with her, she has graciously offered refund for anyone not happy with the seminar.

But i believe this is a typical westerner's attitude of demanding to know eveything from the teacher when

clearly one is not ready yet, in any case, such attitude will be noted and usually such person will never get any real teaching.

Hi,

I'm opening for all the people they want to get their money back for the "false advertising", if you thought you didn't get the valuable experiences. So far, I got warm feed back, no complain. If you have any complain, please directly speak to me.

The "Golden Flower " is for practice your upper Dan-Tian. We discussed the issues about the three Dan-Tian with Master Wang face to face. He clearly said that it's harm for the beginners focused on upper Dan-Tian. Master Wang only suggested one of the participant (had been trained privately with Qin-Lin before, and his full lotus is more than 1 hour) is ready to practice "Golden Flower " . So, we changed our teachings to only introduce the theory of "Golden Flower ".

We practice the seven star (big dipper) group meditation, most of the participants had great vibration. Because of the language problem, only three of the seven stars had the ability to chant the mantra. I believe most of the participants feel the power. But, if your "antenna" not ready to receive the energy (eg. hold your back straight with cross-legged sitting at least 15 minutes), it's no wonder the energy didn't vibrate you.

All of my teaching is guided by master wang's daily direction. I don't want to ruin our Classical Daoism Practicing. As Ken said, the workshop normally 10 days. Unfortunately, I only have 3 days holiday. I have my own full time job (not full time "Meditation teacher"). If you want to learn more, please go to China. The Classical Daoism Health Science and Technology are opening to all of you.

Hi kathy li

let's guess; the name of the one participant who could sit for more than one hour in full lotus was Asil ;-)

I think you did a really good seminar. I would like have joined it, but had no cheap flight to the US (from Switzerland). I'm looking forward to meet on an other seminar.

All the best

Marc

Vortex,

Thank you for your review!

It seems like it was a great seminar, and maybe one day I will be able to attend one.

I don't see how anyone could complain about having a live video conference with Wang Liping, answering questions. :lol: Especially with the cost of the seminar plus hotel being so cheap! I mean, compare that to the thousands of dollars you have to spend to go to a seminar in China where you probably won't even be able to ask him questions!

I agree with what vortex said, all the staff were extremely nice and did the best they could, they chauffeured us around town, and provided us with bottled water, took us to stone mountain park, and were some of the nicest people I've ever met.

I also got to ask Master Wang Liping "a" question on live video chat he took one hour of his time both Saturday and Sunday to speak with us personally.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to cover more ground on the practices, but I believe kathy did her absolute best. Also I believe a few of the participants asked too many simple (as in you could have googled it later) questions during the lecture that held it up tremendously.

I believe my total cost for the seminar was somewhere around $350 after all my expenses were included.

But i believe this is a typical westerner's attitude of demanding to know eveything from the teacher when

clearly one is not ready yet, in any case, such attitude will be noted and usually such person will never get any real teaching.

Typical westerners attiutude ?

I agree 100% with you Ken..........But here in the west my friend,If you Advertise something & People pay $$$ Then you must teach. Its as simple as that.

Nobody wants their money back, They just want what was Offered. Like Vortex stated earlier,This is False Advertisement . Its like paying $200 for a 160G Hard drive, Only to get home & find out the salesman lied and its only 80 G.

Peace.

Hi all,

This is not right.

No sir. You get what you deserve. Master Wang Liping taught you a wonderful lesson with the kindness of a grandmother. He could have taught you the same lesson by cutting your head off or anally raping you, but instead he just took your money!! You need to thank the master.

His teaching is not as kind as mine though. I am teaching you this now, if you have the capacity to learn it, which I doubt -- what you seek is WITHIN YOU. Everything says that! But no one believes it in real life. People read it in books and say, "yes, that's true.... it is wonderful." Then they look where to book the next seminar. In other words, when you are taught in a kind manner, you don't get it. You need to be ripped off 10000000 times in a row before the lesson will actually sink in.

You are lucky master Liping didn't eat your organs for dinner and only took your money. You're a moron who follows the glitter. Ok, so you don't follow the material glitter. You follow the "spiritual" glitter. This is a fitting reaction to your idiocy from the Dao.

I agree with Kathy, if you have any grievance towards the seminar with her. Address it directly with her, she has graciously offered refund for anyone not happy with the seminar.

They are ready, but the teacher ripped them off. Their attitude of wanting words to match reality is not a wrong attitude.

Alternatively put, they are not ready indeed, but NOT in the way you think they are not ready. Master Wang Liping has no secrets! That's what they are not ready to understand yet. All the secrets are inner reality of each sentient being. You don't receive them from a master or any entity.

However, the upside was that we had open Q&A web chats with THE WANG LIPING live both Sunday & Monday! :D He is a very youthful-looking 60-year old who is obviously very wise, friendly and a gifted seer. I would agree with youzifive that this alone was a fantastic opportunity that shouldn't be taken for granted. Talk about a surreal highlight!

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!! I am gonna scream! I think I just peed in my panties! Oh no, the master just scratched his nose.... *faint* oooooo.....

For us "n00bs" to get to talk to such a high-level master 1-on-1, was really generous of him and Kathy deserves a lot of credit for facilitating that here.

Oh yea, considering how utterly worthless and stupid you are, it's a miracle he even agreed to take your money. If it was me, I wouldn't even shit on the same hectare with you. So yea, you're damn lucky he graced you with his presence.

Edited by goldisheavy

I got the impression from the original post that people were seriously pissed and they didn't buy Master Wang's explanation that they are not ready for the practice. But from the two persons who went onto the seminar, the sentiment seems to be quite different....

Typical westerners attiutude ?

I agree 100% with you Ken..........But here in the west my friend,If you Advertise something & People pay $$$ Then you must teach. Its as simple as that.

Nobody wants their money back, They just want what was Offered. Like Vortex stated earlier,This is False Advertisement . Its like paying $200 for a 160G Hard drive, Only to get home & find out the salesman lied and its only 80 G.

Peace.

If you learned that you are not yet qualified to learn upper dantian practices, then you learned something valuable, and you learned it the easy way.

Count yourself lucky that you didn't get what you wanted--unlike these unfortunate souls.

I am not qualified for the upper dantian practice in the same way I am not qualified to stick a fork in my eye and enjoy it. Here's a list of people who stuck a fork in their eye and failed to enjoy it.

Edited by goldisheavy

You're a moron who follows the glitter.

This is a fitting reaction to your idiocy from the Dao.

Oh yea, considering how utterly worthless and stupid you are, it's a miracle he even agreed to take your money.

One more insult and you're out.

Sean

But you aren't purchasing a hard drive or any other object here.

When you take ski lessons and your skills aren't good enough for the double black diamond runs, you go to the bunny slope where you can learn the basics.

It sounds to me like the folks who organized this seminar are acting responsibly and being very graceful about it.

Sure, the communication could be better with a simple disclaimer, but nobody is perfect. You can find flaws everywhere you look.

It is interesting that the two reviews here from people who actually attended the seminar do not reflect the incendiary quality of the original post and are in the end very positive.

Yes its not a Hard Drive, But its clearly False Advertisement. Thats the only point Im trying to make here.

Thanks.

Oh yea, considering how utterly worthless and stupid you are, it's a miracle he even agreed to take your money. If it was me, I wouldn't even shit on the same hectare with you. So yea, you're damn lucky he graced you with his presence.
Lol, some posters doth project too much, methinks?

When people exhibit an overemotional response to an issue, they are typically really reacting to that same issue within themselves. I think such people here have either had repeated bad experiences with masters before or have been guilty of some of the things they protest against. Ultimately, this is NOT about WLP or this seminar (which they didn't even attend) for these folks, but personal issues. Which is fine, but let's just call it for what it is.

That said, I don't think WLP even got any of the relatively meager tuition costs - and was actually incredibly gracious to hold a webinar with us all the way from Russia, at the time. To be honest, this guy has numerous wealthy millionaires throwing money at him for face time (not that he cares), so for him to take time out of his busy schedule to humor us n00bs is really a non-profit-driven and caring act. Yea, it was a BIG F'N DEAL! And I mean that with 100% sincerity. Please do not baselessly project crass cynicism on it. Everyone who actually ATTENDED the seminar was overjoyed at the amazing opportunity to get to converse with him personally. And that is a straight FACT.

As I said, the seminar was a first trial run and not 100% perfect, but it was all done with a lot of good heart and in good faith. The omission of some advertised teachings is a fair critique, but to let that overshadow all that was provided and dismiss it as just another "money-making scheme" is PATENTLY ABSURD. This is an authentic Taoist lineage that can actually lead you all the way back to the Dao and only a fool laughs at the Dao when he hears it. And if he didn't laugh, it wouldn't be the Dao. :D

No offense to anyone and I'm not trying to get all sectarian up in hurr. But, I feel I need to set the record straight as an actual participant at the seminar. Because it would be too great a shame for people to get shut down after genuinely opening up with compassion for others. Sadly, we've already seen this with John Chang.

Now, if you really have a problem with this lineage - why don't you teach others your own "better" way instead of just backseat-driving? Because if you can only offer criticism and no better alternative - then what real options have you really offered? If you tell people not to do A, but don't offer a better B, then won't they still be stuck doing A regardless?

So the tree balancing Qi Kung and other information, wasnt it enough for you to heal your organs and fill the dan tian? Tree Qi Kung can be very powerful especially when you connect to the earth mother and tree!

How can WLP teach you something deeper when you cant do basics?

Ape

I really think it was just a simple misunderstanding. I know in my heart that all parties involved were doing their best.

Just sayin' :)

Right, I agree with what you said, Mike. If Lebron James decides to host a basketball camp and the advertisement says "Learn to play just like Lebron James," and people show up and can barely dribble a basketball, well...they will learn to play like Lebron James-- just not the Lebron James that is tearing up the Orlando Magic right now, but the one who started out learning to dribble as a little kid in Akron, OH.

It is important to have the fundamentals down. If you try to run before you can walk, you're only going to make an @ss out of yourself. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, it's just the truth.

Anyway, it's too bad that the o.p. does not feel like they got their money's worth. I considered attending this seminar as Atlanta is just a 5 hour drive, and my mom lives there. I'm not seeking to become a student or anything, I just think it's cool that y'all got to meet someone that can validate that Wang LiPing is real--and then you got to see him via web conference!

Kathy, or is it Ms. Li? If it's cool with you, I'd love to hang out one day at your center when I'm in ATL later in the summer.

My only question is why was San Xian Gong even listed in the first place? The Yin Xian Fa are more than enough for all three days.