Ramon25

Water style boxing

Its considered the fourth internal art and one of the most devastating of them. Not that flowery. :P

I teach it!

Helen Liangs is very wushu type its nice but to be honest it hasnt got the harmonies or methods....

Ape

I teach it!

Helen Liangs is very wushu type its nice but to be honest it hasnt got the harmonies or methods....

Ape

Whats it look like with the 6 harmonies? Got videos? I'd like to see it again less dancy and more martial.

Whats it look like with the 6 harmonies? Got videos? I'd like to see it again less dancy and more martial.

6 harmonies, 8 methods style.

One generally starts by learning the 12 animals forms as a basis for the system. Then there is the Main form, which is huge, and several other smaller forms.

Here is a video of

Here is more of a sample video of

I don't which came first but Liu Ho Ba Fa seems like it took things from all the other internal styles and made the applications just a little more vicious. Terribly effective style!

The arts of Bagua, taiji, xingyi came later I believe anyway all systems look similar or you can find similar moves in all arts.

6 Harmonies you can see when someone moves well but to the untrained that look can be completely different.

The Main form is all you need which is the foundation set in LHBF!

The guy doing the 12 animals is he from Choi?

Ape

The guy doing the 12 animals is he from Choi?

Yes. He is also a lineage disciple of T.T. Liang.

And due to the murky nature of all the internal styles it would seem difficult to really pinpoint which came first. Hardly matters anyway, IMO.

6 harmonies, 8 methods style.

One generally starts by learning the 12 animals forms as a basis for the system. Then there is the Main form, which is huge, and several other smaller forms.

Here is a video of

Here is more of a sample video of

I don't which came first but Liu Ho Ba Fa seems like it took things from all the other internal styles and made the applications just a little more vicious. Terribly effective style!

The two forms you put up do not seem to stress the knee to much, Am I correct? If so where can I get an instructional video. Not of the (flowery form) that would kill my knees. Thanks

I teach it!

Ape

I saw that Wushuishness in her form and god damn sometimes i just get really frustrated when I see a female with EXTREMELY opened hips (not being sexual here)

I don't know enough have Liuhe Bafa to say much on the deeper parts of the form... but I just didn't really like what I saw in her.

I also enjoyed the video with Grandmaster Wai Lun Choi.

I guess im the odd one out i love that form! I think its beutiful and like it because it is less martial and more about energy, more about flow. What can I say i guess i like flowery, flowers are beutiful. :lol:

I guess im the odd one out i love that form! I think its beutiful and like it because it is less martial and more about energy, more about flow. What can I say i guess i like flowery, flowers are beutiful. :lol:

Actually I would say that some of the moves I see in that form constrict the flow of qi. Like that reallllly low false-leg stance she does near the beginning.

Very interesting style. My great grandfather was actually Chen Yik Yan, never met the guy as he died before I was born. It would have been awesome though :)

Only stories I have of him are is when my mom would goto his house for afternoon tea and she would see some of his more senior students in the backyard training. Few doing forms, others body conditioning, breaking coconuts with palm slaps, and they would hold their bodies horizontally on a steel pole that was in the ground (looks like a human flag). Every so often he would take some of his students to Thailand to fight and they'd always bring back trophy's.