11:33

Any of you in a Taoist monastery or cultivating daily under a Taoist master?

Hello,

Are any of you in a Taoist monastery or cultivating daily under a Taoist master?

What are your spiritual practices, meditations, etc? I'm really interested, and trying to find my path.

If its been discussed to death, then could y'all point the way to some links? :)

All the Best

If its been discussed to death, then could y'all point the way to some links? :)

I don't think this has been discussed to death.

Although a similar subject about wanting to go to a monestary and become a monk for the rest of there life or do monastic practices definately are a subject thats been talked to death by many including me.

Its not that I now want to get away from life any longer. Its just rather I believe practicing 2-4 times a day like anywhere from 1-4 hours a session would just achieve the fastest results to be honest.

In my opinion there should be many wonderful marvels as it would integrate you into becoming more in tuned with the real Microcosmic orbit.

Someone in my kungfu class back in California who introduced me to Qigong studies under a teacher. I don't know what exactly they do, i just know that he stresses consistency, that's about it. I have tried to adopt some of the things he's passed on to me from his teacher-- I have not learned any of their system-- I just mean advice on life. Christians get too hung up on sin and shortcomings. His teacher's advice to him about one of his "sins" was "don't worry about it, just keep meditating" :lol:

Unfortunately I'm not at liberty to say who my friend's teacher is. I thought he was fairly famous, but I have only seen his name once on TB. I mentioned him a few times, but I had to remove his name here and from a few other sites. :( Honestly that was a bonehead decision on my part-- just because someone teaches publicly does not mean they don't want to keep their privacy intact.

Christians get too hung up on sin and shortcomings. His teacher's advice to him about one of his "sins" was "don't worry about it, just keep meditating"

Man don't you see how perfectly logical that is? This is what I have been saying for years and is what's wrong with religion IMO.

Move toward the positive, don't focus on the negative (sin).

This way one practice wipes away everything else. Simplicity, Elegance.

There are very few real taoist masters that I know of.

Sher K. Lew being one of them.

Man don't you see how perfectly logical that is? This is what I have been saying for years and is what's wrong with religion IMO.

Move toward the positive, don't focus on the negative (sin).

This way one practice wipes away everything else. Simplicity, Elegance.

There are very few real taoist masters that I know of.

Sher K. Lew being one of them.

Haha...yeah...that's the only one I know of. ;)

But as a minister-in-training, I have to say that it's what's wrong with the way Christianity is taught by the majority...not what I consider true Christian teachings. :(

I'm working on my "pre-ordination" paperwork right now...the full ordination process takes 3 years in my church...and I'm already talking about analyzing decision making...understanding why we make mistakes versus getting hung up on them...sort of what Sifu taught my friend, who passed it on to me..."don't worry, just meditate." :lol:

But as a minister-in-training, I have to say that it's what's wrong with the way Christianity is taught by the majority...not what I consider true Christian teachings. :(

I'm working on my "pre-ordination" paperwork right now...the full ordination process takes 3 years in my church...and I'm already talking about analyzing decision making...understanding why we make mistakes versus getting hung up on them...sort of what Sifu taught my friend, who passed it on to me..."don't worry, just meditate." laugh.gif

Awesome. The world needs more ministers practicing qigong and meditation. Would clear up a whole lot of cross-cultural misunderstandings.

Are any of you in a Taoist monastery or cultivating daily under a Taoist master?

Not daily in their company, but regularly...........

For the purposes of thanking and acknowledging these teachers, I'll list them:

Master Xianglintao

http://www.daoyintherapy.com.au/introduction.htm

Master Feng

http://www.taidow.com/about-us.html

Also Master Wang

http://www.professorwang.com.au/

I haven't done any formal learning with him, but I met him and heard him talk for a few hours once and was blown away by him. Amazing man.

Edited by mat black