findley

'hot' 'sticky' energy in chest

I'm trying to get back into serious practice through the summer-- and I am doing a decent job.

I'm having a problem with what I can only think to call 'hot' 'sticky' energy in my chest when I undergo cultivation of the primal spirit (tSotGF), (most prominent to my attention after I smoke dank marijuana.)

Also, I seem to have some sort of 'block' in my solar plexus, (diaphragm?) (...stomach?) that really sucks. It is very clearly different from the kind of 'block' mentioned above in the chest. It is a much more 'base' feeling, and is persistant to my attention even when I am not under the influence of marijuana. (it is painful to me when I jab my thumb under my xiphoid process. So I try and rub it out frequently.)

Now, I eat very healthily and like a horse. (no crap.) but I am a heavy smoker, (including almost daily use of pot.) I, uh... haven't done well with retention of semen... ... ah... but I had some of the best sex I ever had last night (with some dude's wife. I am so bad.) and.. uh... I think I am going to keep it in my pants and do my best to maintain semen retention from here-on.

Does anybody have any advice about the 'hot-sticky' energy in my chest, and the block in my diaphragm??? If it weren't for these two things, I would be really very much happier.

P.S. I am also taking a few heavy doses of 'Cobra' sexual enhancement pills to encourage a fast recovery from spilling so much of my seed. -Think this works? (maybe I should take a whole lot of it for a long time!!!)

thanks guys =)

Stop Cobra, stop retention.

Both of those produce "damp heat" (the Chinese medical term for what you've got).

Read through at least the first few essays of the Healing Love Dangers section of AlchemicalTaoism.com.

~ later edit ~

Cobra is not a restorative, btw. It's yang. It's hitting the gas pedal, not filling the tank. And, even as a yang formula, it's not balanced - more towards extreme. Not recommended.

Edited by Trunk

'damp heat' ! aaaah, thank you, Trunk!! i was thinking, 'fire' (because 'sticky' somewhat = 'clinging').. but what is damp heat.. isn't that.. ah.. the liver? I'll review my TCM books!

-these problems cannot be possibly due to retention, though, trunk; I am not practicing it !! I was stuck in one of the most horrid lower-soul states ever all last-night because I'm not practicing retention. I am only just now showing signs of rising out of it again.

I realized that perhaps this is an answer: that the base, cramp 'block' in my solar plexus is causing a certain kind of energy to grow stagnant and gross in my chest; my central channel is probably miserably blocked!

I realized that this problem is doubly justified insofar as I am having a terrible problem with excess phlegm in the head, (seasonal allergies!) -and that the 'phlegm' is not really going down the front channel like it is supposed to, clogging my sinuses.

-Do you think that perhaps this is more correct a diagnoses?? but, yes, 'damp heat' may be an answer, and gives me an excuse to review my TCM book! it is a great idea, thank you, trunk =)

~ later edit ~

Cobra is not a restorative, btw. It's yang. It's hitting the gas pedal, not filling the tank. And, even as a yang formula, it's not balanced - more towards extreme. Not recommended.

Question: How does one fill this tank that we are talking about? ;)

edit: should i/we make this question into a seperate topic also?

later edit: i have made the seperate topic here: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showtopic=10157

Edited by froggie

Feel it, as well the rest of your body.

Edited by awake

ough, awake, I have been 'feeling' it a great good deal; my attention does little to dissipitate the feeling, or make it any less unpleasant.

but I believe I found the answer in my TCM textbook! I'm telling you guys about it here, because i think this serves as a good example to fellow experimenters on the way:

Stomach-Spleen Qi Deficiency! I was first led to a diagnoses that is just simply, "damp-heat in the stomach" which leads to an oppressive feeling in the chest, but then followed the book a bit and found this.

Not only is the stomach-spleen Qi deficiency the most likely cause of my discomfort, (I was portraying a majority of the symptoms,) but I think I have an understanding why I am working with this imbalance. (diet...)

Anyways, learning this diagnoses led me to do... guess what... qigong! medical qigong! my practice so far has only consisted of cultivation of the primal consciousness, (tSotGF,) and I was completely blowing off qigong as inefficient, and even unnecessary. After I spent (just a little bit,) of some time practicing simple qigong, (and rubbing out my central channel, and drinking a bunch of water, and some ginger-root tea,) my worst symptoms had cleared!

What's really interesting, though: I woke up about 3 in the morning with some of the worst cases of rhinitis I have had this season. My face was swollen with snot, and I probably put enough out to drown a small animal in... and so I imagine that much of the 'dampness' in my chest was forced up-and-out of my face. (I mean, it seems circumstantially correct...)

Today, I feel great! I am truly walking with the light! (probably not a whole lot of it, but it is very pleasant!)

-So, does anybody else see the beauty in this experience? a combination of practice with tSofGF and dank marijuana lead my being into a fuller awareness of itself, leading my attention to a stomach-spleen qi deficiency of which I was not really aware. With the help of some qigong and natural remedies, I have remedied a good deal my imbalance, and now I feel so much better, and am continuing where I started with my work with the tSofGF !

woo, I am so excited to be progressing so well in my cultivation! I am erally proving myself to myself as an adept! I am destined for enlightenment =)

woo, I am so excited to be progressing so well in my cultivation! I am erally proving myself to myself as an adept! I am destined for enlightenment =)

concepts hinder

attachment/identification to/with concepts hinder absolutely