Sign in to follow this  
Iskote

The late master Hai Deng was NOT a shaolin nor a monk but, as boy, a street performer.

He was raised to fame in the early 80ies by some chinese TV documentaries, then accused of cheating. Some of his early assistants confessed and a book was written by a journalist confirming all the accuses with actual witnesses accounts.

Sad but true

YM

well, another side of the story that i heard was that back in the day, a group of influential people was bent on discrediting Dr. Yan Xin. Now since Master Hai Deng was publicly acknowledged by Dr. Yan Xin as one of his teachers and so naturally Hai Deng was dragged into the conspiracy too. If the teacher can be proven to be a fraund, it will be much easier to discredit the student.

So which side of story is true ? :P

The late master Hai Deng was NOT a shaolin nor a monk but, as boy, a street performer.

He was raised to fame in the early 80ies by some chinese TV documentaries, then accused of cheating. Some of his early assistants confessed and a book was written by a journalist confirming all the accuses with actual witnesses accounts.

Sad but true

YM

Edited by Ken

well, another side of the story that i heard was that back in the day, a group of influential people was bent on discrediting Dr. Yan Xin. Now since Master Hai Deng was publicly acknowledged by Dr. Yan Xin as one of his teachers and so naturally Hai Deng was dragged into the conspiracy too. If the teacher can be proven to be a fraund, it will be much easier to discredit the student.

So which side of story is true ? :P

There are of course always many sides to a story but let me ask you: did you read the book I was talking about ? I think the info in there are quite well documented but I'd be happy to hear precise confuting arguments

Best

YM

Sign in to follow this