Sign in to follow this  
Iskote

They say Houdini was not killed by a super punch--it was a decent punch that he was not fully prepared to receive.

If the opponent is better, then he will not let you prepare, and your "iron body" suddenly isn't worth quite so much.

I would not go so far as to say that body hardening is fake or useless though.

I used to train in this martial under one of Marko's teachers.

He is based in Sydney and the steel body he teaches is the real deal and he will readily demonstrate it

The art he teaches is called Mian

I only reason I stopped training in it is because I moved to a different part of the city

I guess that would be "Iron Shirt", right?

Anyway far from what Taoism teaches.

Ok, I see that Marko apparently originally trained in the 'Yang Mian' system

under master Yang (http://www.yangmian.com).

The stuff that Marko and his students are doing seems to hold a lot of risk for internal injury.

That kind of training has just got to be very hard on the body, both inside and out.

I really wonder how these guys are going to fare when they start getting older...

Can't really comment on injuries of the students under Marko as I did not study for long enough but the research I did on the mian style before I started it suggested that people practiced this art into their eighties/nighties and were know for ther posture/speed/power and flexibility. Do a google search on "cotton boxing" or mian to find out more

Hi. This my martial art. Marco Vesse learned from Master Yang (in sydney) who teaches Yang Mian which is master Yangs family style of Mian Chuan.

They call the various 'steel' forms steel rather than Iron because steel retains flexibility and movement but is tougher again than Iron. For instance, unlike some Iron palm techniques where the hand basicly becomes a useless truncheon of martial power, The steel hand practitioner can still for instance play guitar while he smashes bricks into dust or gently stroke his baby to sleep while also being able to poke his finger through a mans skull. :lol:

Marco Vesse from what I know has simply added a bit of wing chun chi sau like exersises and some Chen style Tai chi influences to the astounding frame work of Yang Mian.

Peace. B)

Marko is the real deal. I would study with him if I was interested in that type of training.

It's probably to a certain degree real. You can attain a lot of that simply by body conditioning. Hit one part of the body everyday, and over a period of months the skin will thicken, bones will increase in density, muscle tissue will get larger. It's pure science.. certainly is cool stuff though.

This stuff worries me - e.g. internal damage, or how terrible your arthritis will be once you hit 80 ;). I personally would rather invest the time training to not be hit.

Shaolin monks were famous for their iron skills, not their longevity.

Edited by DaoChild

Marco Vesse from what I know has simply added a bit of wing chun chi sau like exersises and some Chen style Tai chi influences to the astounding frame work of Yang Mian.
Sounds like a great combo...circular & fluid + linear and choppy.

I really like the way he moves

. Looks very fluid, fast and full of qi. Wonder what they do for their qi development and possible packing?

They have 2 main methods through hand (arm circles) to move the blood and chi and Turtle back to compress the dan tian and explode air into the body into the layers of skin and to develop full body unity or locking the body. Ive taught a few of there students and also healed some with Chinese Medicine, the style is ok just like all arts depending on how far you want to go conditioning the body just like mook jong and other conditioning methods.

Yang Mian works on freestyle or freeform which is good for letting go and allowing the body to move naturally which is Tao but still they learn the methods which is form and routine to learn the movements then later allowing the moves to become spontaneous.

Ape

Sign in to follow this