Encephalon

What do I do after 20 months of Nei Kung?

I've been practicing Nei Kung a la http://www.chutaichi.com/neikung.shtml for 20 months now. I'm having some remarkable experiences, vast improvement in internal awareness, electrical current through limbs, increases in personal volition.

I am unclear about the next appropriate course of action. Condensing breathing? MIcrocosmic orbit? Do I go out and buy Mantak Chia's books or just enroll in a local chi gung or tai chi class?

Serious feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Borelli is one of two people authorized to teach Chu Nei Kung and he's in Santa Monica. www.neikungla.com. You could talk with him.

Or, you can just send Master Chu an email. I had some correspondence with him about nei kung a few years back. He seems like a very nice guy.

I agree with Iskote.

Edited by bindo

I've been practicing Nei Kung a la http://www.chutaichi.com/neikung.shtml for 20 months now. I'm having some remarkable experiences, vast improvement in internal awareness, electrical current through limbs, increases in personal volition.

I am unclear about the next appropriate course of action. Condensing breathing? MIcrocosmic orbit? Do I go out and buy Mantak Chia's books or just enroll in a local chi gung or tai chi class?

Serious feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Blasto,

I am interested in your nei gong program. How long do you practice everyday? I guess you learned from videos?

After twenty months I would learn a tai chi form, maybe a medium to small frame form. Let's you cool down and creates balance.

Also I would do some stillness meditation.

Bill

Blasto,

I am interested in your nei gong program. How long do you practice everyday? I guess you learned from videos?

After twenty months I would learn a tai chi form, maybe a medium to small frame form. Let's you cool down and creates balance.

Also I would do some stillness meditation.

Bill

I used to do 30 minute horse stance, or what some call Embracing Tree, followed by the 9 movements, but I've cut back to 20 min. as I am about to undergo shoulder surgery. It takes about 40 min. total. I've heard that people would hold the horse stance for hours in the old days. The book and video are very helpful but I assume they are adamant for a reason for having your stationary posture carefully monitored in the beginning, but I guess a local tai chi or kung fu instructor could probably perform this function.

The following gives a pretty good visual of the technique although the proper pace is a little slower.

www.neikungla.com is a great site for getting to the particulars.

enjoy.

I've heard that people would hold the horse stance for hours in the old days.

People do it in the current days too. Actually, it's hard to justify not doing this, if you are serious about neigong or martial arts.

People do it in the current days too. Actually, it's hard to justify not doing this, if you are serious about neigong or martial arts.

As an eager beginner, I leaped into a 45 minute session within a 4 month period, but was encouraged to cut back and go for quality time instead, really paying attention to strict postural form. It was probably a wise choice. I'm 48, with some osteo-arthritis in my R-shoulder, and I do want to be able to do this for the rest of my life.

When they say that it can take up to two years to get a proper feel for good form, they ain't kidding. When my posture is correct and I commence abdominal breathing, the low voltage shoots down both arms. I'm assuming this is bio-electical; with proper breathing, pressure is applied to the solar plexus triggering an electrical impulse that you feel in your hands and fingers. Actually, I can feel this sensation simply standing, and it feels so bloody good I can only imagine what a rush it must be when the energy really starts to pulsate.

Of course, the psychological benefits are equally pronounced. But I'd have to tell everyone how crazy I used to be to make a forceful argument. :lol:

Great stuff.

If you're getting such benefits from what you do, do you need to change or add to it? Looks like you are having a great time. Check out Master Chu and see what he advises.

Happiness and peace of mind-if you've got them you are doing a lot better than many!

Best,

Mike

My initial inquiry was spurred by all the literature regarding condensing breathing, microcosmic orbit, opening the gates...

I have since purchased Mantak Chia's Awaken Healing Light of the Tao, as per a suggestion in here somewhere. His explanatory power with regard to physio and anatomy is mighty impressive. It is our nervous system that connects our body and mind, so to be purely reductionist, most of this isn't that esoteric at all. I must say that being a personal trainer in LA and having the chance to work out four hours a day has really helped. Strength training really improves the mind/muscle connection, but nervous system awakening such as Nei Kung is proving to be an even bigger rush. The Chi Revolution by Frantzis is also written with a language that is demystifying.