froggie

No contact combat

Has anyone seen this DVD? And what's your opinion about it?

http://www.systemaspetsnaz.com/No_Contact_Combat_DVD_ru.html

And what's your view on no contact combat in general?

The bold guy in the video sparred once a beginner Thai Boxer and couldn't apply any of his no contact combat techniques. The russian system can be very good for the practitioner's body coordination development - a little supperior to aikido I would say, but still quite incomplete from a real combat point of view...

This Russian guy (below) is for real but it takes your whole life to develop the abilities:

AYq8EueDYNM

what about this

B2DXdFYDXCk

He always has the same guy in all his videos and it looks really contrived to me.

ralis

Cool stuff.

I bet he can be a really nice guy, knowing all of these things, probably not easily threatened :)

This Russian guy (below) is for real but it takes your whole life to develop the abilities:

He always has the same guy in all his videos and it looks really contrived to me.

ralis

too bad we can not ask him this ourselves. or is he available for questions in cyberspace somewhere also that anyone knows of ?

Cool stuff.

I bet he can be a really nice guy, knowing all of these things, probably not easily threatened :)

too bad we can not ask him this ourselves. or is he available for questions in cyberspace somewhere also that anyone knows of ?

No Combat...Combat....

THe method to attain it...: Not hold views of needing combative means to change the conditions of violence... :D

No Combat...Combat....

THe method to attain it...: Not hold views of needing combative means to change the conditions of violence... :D

Be like water my friend (?) ;) - Bruce Lee

Be like water my friend (?) ;) - Bruce Lee

Be like water...and freeze in the winter...be warm in the summer, and undecided in the spring and fall...lol

Be like water...and freeze in the winter...be warm in the summer, and undecided in the spring and fall...lol

Good one, ;) but one can also be like water in a nice cozy home with a nice warm fireplace in winter ;)

Good one, ;) but one can also be like water in a nice cozy home with a nice warm fireplace in winter ;)

hahaha you got me on that one...haha :lol:

Tasty.

And they think think they can win by eating you! But now you are inside and they just feel all sugar rush and hyper!

Liked that Spetsnaz video, weird empty force or just good balance and timing with psychological expectations?

It matters not :)

I've no doubt that ling kong jin exists and can be cultivated.

It is however given a bad name by characters such as Dr/Lama/Sifu/Master/whatever he calls himself these days, Peter Young.

A friend of mine ( a big, burly shotokan guy ) went to a seminar with Richard Mooney in the 90's when he was still teaching this stuff.

He was extremely skeptical of anything like this but went with an open mind anyway

Completely blew him away and changed his way of thinking altogether regarding empty force.

It wasn't like throwing people all over the place without touching them. More like a subtle energy which affects not only your body, but your mind also causing the attacks, and the attacker's intent to be redirected.

Interesting stuff indeed.

Interesting - I was at a seminar in the early 1990's where Mooney was teaching - He gave several demos, but when he did a demo on me so I could feel something, I honestly didn't feel anything at all - After not feeling much, he asked me and I told him maybe there was a feeling (I was trying to be nice), and he immediately told me "Post that!" He seemed overly eager to gain converts there and when someone called what he did kong jing, he became very visibly irritated, almost out of proportion to the situation.

Perhaps in my case I would need to *really* attack him to actually feel something, I don't know.

jVDUgUl2tLo

Yo Orb,

Niiiiiice!!!! I'd rank this up there with the anime spoof on South Park "Fun with Weapons" :lol::lol: