Sign in to follow this  
11:33

Power of the Mind

Hello Tao Bums,

I have in the past spent a lot of time with metaphysics, and new age teachings like the Abraham-Hicks teachings experimenting with the effect of thoughts and beliefs on my outer reality. While I don't think these philosophies are the 'best' or most useful, because of their focus on The Self, I still came away from those years of experimentation with a lot of concrete "weird" experiences :)

On another note, my teacher Sifu Wong Kiew Kit, explains that karma is made of three factors: your thoughts, your speech, and your actions, in order of importance (thoughts being most powerful)...

• What do you think about the mind
  • Do you think it has power?
  • If so do you have any experiences that would corroborate that view?

I personally have TONS of experiences where the odds of certain things having happened just by coincidence seem just impossible. Even one or two experiences that seem to defy the normal laws of reality.

I'll share if I think there's some interest, but typing stories takes a lot of time... :)

All the Best,

I'll share if I think there's some interest, but typing stories takes a lot of time... :)

All the Best,

I'm very interested to hear about any extraordinary abilities that you might think you have - however I am interested only in the ones that you can repeat at will anytime - not things that happened in the past and you had no control over them...

Thank you.

The mind is very powerful, and it allows the possiblity of completely walling yourself off from reality. Justifing events that have no explaination other than the obvious psychic connection to any number of things.

The mind has the power to control our reality in the sense that it is possible to see everything from a negetive viewpoint, or in contrast a very bright outlook. The mind is where we learn our behaviors and where sits our judgments about others or the information we take in. Either it comes in as the author wished it or as a very biased or jaded view.

Just as someone can see someone of another race as being lesser than themself someone can use the mind to either work productively at solving issues or problems or set it to being devistating.

When the mind goes haywire any number of hallucinations can take place or paranioa become dominant.

I'd say that the mind is very powerful.

When someone "sets their mind to it" they can create amazing works of art and media. Come up with hilarious comedy or soul touching drama.

It is not something to be overlooked or wasted by lack of education, as you can sometimes tell by my grammer and spelling or punctuation. :P

What sort of experience do you mean? I ask becuase I feel that I may have one or two or several hundred.

Edited by Mokona

Hello Tao Bums,

I have in the past spent a lot of time with metaphysics, and new age teachings like the Abraham-Hicks teachings experimenting with the effect of thoughts and beliefs on my outer reality. While I don't think these philosophies are the 'best' or most useful, because of their focus on The Self, I still came away from those years of experimentation with a lot of concrete "weird" experiences :)

On another note, my teacher Sifu Wong Kiew Kit, explains that karma is made of three factors: your thoughts, your speech, and your actions, in order of importance (thoughts being most powerful)...

• What do you think about the mind
  • Do you think it has power?
  • If so do you have any experiences that would corroborate that view?

I personally have TONS of experiences where the odds of certain things having happened just by coincidence seem just impossible. Even one or two experiences that seem to defy the normal laws of reality.

All the Best,

Interested! Tell us more.

Sign in to follow this