hey guys is raw red meat a yin or yang food? Is it balanced? Same thing for raw eggs? Also what about goat butter? I am starting a raw animal foods diet and am trying to get a clear picture on the whole thing. I know raw fruits and veggies are yin so i wanted to know. Now I dont know why but my hands are always cold. I think that could mean a yin constitution? Also I did mantak chia taoist astrology and it saids I have alot of yin energy.

Thanks guys

Edited by Ramon25

Lets just say its complicated, But health and spirtuality. I know it goes against what everyone thinks but i have my reasons. meat helps to ground my kundalini. Also raw food is better for it according to some sources. Also i dont do to well well with produce my body prefers the meat.

Lets just say its complicated, But health and spirtuality. I know it goes against what everyone thinks but i have my reasons. meat helps to ground my kundalini. Also raw food is better for it according to some sources. Also i dont do to well well with produce my body prefers the meat.

I'd love to hear further detailing on your reasons and sources of information. And not to judge or criticize, but just for my own education. I am quite versed with most other types of diet from my years in natural foods.

Well daniel reids book on tao of health and longevity. He saids how raw meat has alot of enzymes. I know he personally eats raw meat. i researhed it and raw meat is loaded with a bunch of enzymes. Also a website called biology of kundalini states that raw food provides the quickest evolution. red meat is very nurishing to the root chackra hence why most kundalini awakened people need meat in their diet. I think alot of the ungrounded things we see in qi gong and such could be that there is not enough connection to the route. Carbs tend to excite the nervous system and meat diets tend to relax it. I plan on getting into alot of qi gong and energy work so i need good grounding. I am also going to do it in a calorie restricted life extenison way. The jump to raw meat is mine persay because i was a low carber and tend to go with a lot of their ideas.

I am also going to do it in a calorie restricted life extenison way. The jump to raw meat is mine persay because i was a low carber and tend to go with a lot of their ideas.

Good luck and please be careful. I hope you have a physician or TCMP who is able to help you with your goals.

Oh i have lived on all meat diet before just not raw plenty of healthy cultures around the world do it or have done it I would be more cautious with raw vegan or vegan diet. i was jsut curious from a TCM view of the energy of yin yang in relation to raw meat. Thanks

I don't know that it is a simple as "this is yin, that is yang". In relation to vegetables, raw meat is yang. In relation to cooked meats raw meat is yin.

But this isn't very important in my humble opinion. You should listen to your body and eat what it needs/wants, and then you naturally stay in yin yang balance. For example, a person might not eat meat that much, or eggs, but then he starts exercising, and suddenly wants to eat eggs. Following nature he eats some eggs: voila, yin/yang balance.

it is very important in my opinion to emphasize and generalize that ecological meat does not have the huge load of diseases and chemicals in it as 'industrial meat'. which is even a lot more important than whatever kind of diet you want for yourself and your health in my opinion.

That, as really important have-to-know, having been said, i think you can ferment raw meat also to make it more safe. Have you googled that? :)

There's a lot of excellent information about the benefits of raw meat (from grass-fed animals). There are two good yahoo groups that discuss this - native-nutrition and live-food. Also the work of Vinny Pinto and Aajonus Vonderplanitz.

If anyone thinks it's a questionable fad, remember that traditional cultures include raw meat in the diet. There's carpaccio, for one.

I've been eating and recommending raw bison for years - that's usually easier for most people to find locally, although there are good mail order sources for other grass-fed meats.

There are ways to ease into eating raw meat that make it more palatable, actually delicious. When I was having digestion issues, I found the raw meat and raw eggs were actually the easiest foods of all to digest. The energetic quality of raw, grass-fed meat is completely different from cooked, commercial meat that I wouldn't even classify it as the same food.

-Karen

I love raw fish, especially tuna and salmon. But I've never had raw meat... I bet its good, done right...

I wouldn't use tuna because of high mercury levels.. but raw salmon is delicious. And raw sauces add a lot to raw animal foods.

For the raw meat, you can sear the outside for a few seconds just to give a more familiar cooked meat taste, while leaving the inside raw. Then top with salsa, yum!

When eating raw meat from heatlhy, grass-fed animals, there's no risk at all. Most people don't have any problem with it. Some people can have some minor intestinal upset at first - I did with raw eggs, only because my system wasn't used to this wide variety of beneficial microbes, but it soon gets used to a healthier ecology.

Some people naturally ferment the meat, but it stinks to high heaven, and for some reason I just don't see the appeal :lol: .

-Karen

What about parasites, e coli and other problems associated with raw meat? Especially beef. Even so called organic can have these problems.

ralis

Hi ralis,

The key is the health of the animal. When you buy grass-fed meat, you should be familiar with the source. Talk to the farmer, ask how the animals are raised. Animals raised on their biologically appropriate diet don't have the diseases that are associated with factory farming. The animal has to be unhealthy to begin with in order to host parasites.

"Organic" isn't enough - animals fed even the most organic grains aren't healthy - they need to be on pasture.

-Karen

How come tuna is the only sea fish you hear about "having high mercury levels?" Sounds like a load of bull to me. Why would tuna from the sea have any more or less mercury than salmon from the sea....or chicken of the sea, for that matter :lol:

How come tuna is the only sea fish you hear about "having high mercury levels?" Sounds like a load of bull to me. Why would tuna from the sea have any more or less mercury than salmon from the sea....or chicken of the sea, for that matter :lol:

Well they also talk about swordfish a lot too. I think it is the bigger fish that collect the most mercury in the tissues over time??

Hi ralis,

The key is the health of the animal. When you buy grass-fed meat, you should be familiar with the source. Talk to the farmer, ask how the animals are raised. Animals raised on their biologically appropriate diet don't have the diseases that are associated with factory farming. The animal has to be unhealthy to begin with in order to host parasites.

"Organic" isn't enough - animals fed even the most organic grains aren't healthy - they need to be on pasture.

-Karen

What percent of the population have access to a farmer such as what you are referring to? You incorrectly assume that I have access to this idealistic cattle farm.

My only source at the moment is Whole Foods here in Santa Fe that carries Coleman's brand of grass fed beef. The price is around 12.00-18.00/ pound depending on the cut of meat. Just what do I get for that price? Why would I want to support an industry that continually gouges the public for excess profits?

ralis

In Germany (a neighbour country to me, and i am actually just 10 km from a German border) biologically grown food costs about the same as non-biologically grown, or maybe at the very most just cents more. They do this by subsidizing it. Even at the discount supermarkets there you can get biologically grown vegetables for very cheap.

edit: at discount supermarkets biologically grown can be even cheaper than non-biologically grown from "fancy" supermarkets, fwiw.

What percent of the population have access to a farmer such as what you are referring to? You incorrectly assume that I have access to this idealistic cattle farm.

My only source at the moment is Whole Foods here in Santa Fe that carries Coleman's brand of grass fed beef. The price is around 12.00-18.00/ pound depending on the cut of meat. Just what do I get for that price? Why would I want to support an industry that continually gouges the public for excess profits?

ralis

Edited by froggie

In Germany (a neighbour country to me, and i am actually just 10 km from a German border) biologically grown food costs about the same as non-biologically grown, or maybe at the very most just cents more. They do this by subsidizing it. Even at the discount supermarkets there you can get biologically grown vegetables for very cheap.

Some countries are very progressive in making organics affordable. However, that is the exception rather than the rule. Here in the U.S. there is just as much greed in the organics industry as in any other.

ralis

Hi ralis,

I'm just offering some suggestions, and there are creative ways to find these high quality foods even though they're certainly not as easy to come by as commercial meats, but more accessible than it would seem.

Meat is a very dense food, so most people need only relatively small quantities to extract the life energy that's what nutrition is really about. So it's really very cost-effective.

Grass-fed meat isn't the same industry as factory farmed meat, and when you buy grass-fed meat you're supporting small farmers. There are all sorts of possible ways to find local sources - going to local farmers' markets is one good way to network. You can often find local co-ops that way. There's a lot of grass roots stuff going on, that you can tap into. Check local listings at www.eatwild.com.

Bison is often available even in large grocery stores, and that's generally going to be grass-fed. And there are some good mail order sources - one is www.uswellnessmeats.com.

Best,

Karen

Yup, it's the bigger fish that accumulate the heavy metals.

Well they also talk about swordfish a lot too. I think it is the bigger fish that collect the most mercury in the tissues over time??

How many of you that have posted in this thread stopped to consider what problems are associated in raising cattle? Even grass fed cattle in idealistic pastoral settings? How large would the pastoral setting have to be in order to provide for anyone to purchase this kind of beef at a cheap price? Have any of you seen the effects of overgrazing?

Northern New Mexico was once grasslands and Ponderosa pine. When the Spanish Conquistadors invaded, sheep were allowed to overgraze, therefore destroying indigenous plant life. Those grasslands never fully recovered and what we have left are stubby grasses, plenty of erosion (subsoil structures with virtually no topsoil) and no Ponderosa pine forests. The exceptions are in the higher elevations where grasslands and healthy forests thrive. New Mexico is just one example of many that are the daily realities of millions of people worldwide.

Is healthy grass fed meat just a promotional gimmick for the gullible? At what price?

ralis

or to say it in another way: how much meat would you need? and how much would you like? and what kind, and how, and is it realistic (i'm relatively sure it is absolutely a possibility and the outcome can be good or bad depending on everything else ;)

and what are the alternatives (worse ones and maybe even better ones) and in what kind of a direction is the step? and do you want to make it. and can it be a step forward or will it be a step back, and if a step back then something needs to be changed. (so i agree with you that at this time it's probably not the most effective way, considering many people's minds and knowledge. but even then there can be progression happening or the the reverse of progression (and doing nothing is probably also the reverse of progression, albeit slower.

yes, they are all questions you can and should ask. but asking them in itself probably means it is possible. not impossible as your suggestion seems to be suggesting (in some way) :)

and is it really only a matter of how (in its many possible ways) if the answer to the question of "why" is a positive/yes.

...just my opinion. ;)

How many of you that have posted in this thread stopped to consider what problems are associated in raising cattle? Even grass fed cattle in idealistic pastoral settings? How large would the pastoral setting have to be in order to provide for anyone to purchase this kind of beef at a cheap price? Have any of you seen the effects of overgrazing?

Northern New Mexico was once grasslands and Ponderosa pine. When the Spanish Conquistadors invaded, sheep were allowed to overgraze, therefore destroying indigenous plant life. Those grasslands never fully recovered and what we have left are stubby grasses, plenty of erosion (subsoil structures with virtually no topsoil) and no Ponderosa pine forests. The exceptions are in the higher elevations where grasslands and healthy forests thrive. New Mexico is just one example of many that are the daily realities of millions of people worldwide.

Is healthy grass fed meat just a promotional gimmick for the gullible? At what price?

ralis

You might like to see material from the Weston Price Foundation, particularly this on beef, which addresses issues of sustainability. http://www.westonaprice.org/mythstruths/mtbeef.html

Here's a key paragraph:

A far more serious threat to humanity is the monoculture of grains and legumes, which tends to deplete the soil and requires the use of artificial fertilizers and pesticides. The educated consumer and the enlightened farmer together can bring about the return of the mixed farm, where cultivation of fruits and vegetables is combined with the raising of livestock and fowl in a manner that is efficient, economical and environmentally friendly. Cattle providing rich manure are the absolute basis for healthy, sustainable farming. On marginal land, wise grass feeding practices can actually improve soil quality and restore pasture land. It is not animal cultivation that leads to hunger and famine but unwise agricultural practices and monopolistic distribution systems.