3rdeye

Questionable Mak Tin Si Sect

Dear Mak Tin Si,

With due respect I would like to know which lineage are you from are you Mao Shan ? Liu Ren etc...? Where is your lineage from taiwan ? hong kong, china? Do you have a lineage master certificate?

Why do you have Gui Yi? Isnt this a buddhist practice to take refuge in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha?

Are you a Reiki Practitioner for merely $90 you transfer your power to students? isnt that an insult to Taoism, from what I know we do not have attunement, for transfer of power.

Which Taoist organization do you belong to in China? Are you a registered non-profit organization?

Are you accredited by any Registrar of Societies in China or Canada?

Why isnt there a photo of you or Lau Tin Si on your website? What about your altar photos care to show us some photos please we can at least see some deities on your lineage.

Why are you charging $250 for a talismans? Arent talismans supposed to be free and donations are only voluntarily, from what I know I been to temples in asia its all free you only make a donation any amount will do.

Care to let us know why is your sect so special ? Immortals or imaginary beings comes to give you the lineage ?

Why isnt there a real guru that imparts to you the initiation instead, anyway we can verify your statement?

Hope you can shed some lights on this Mak Tin Si. (By the way isnt it arrogant to call your self a Tin Si?)

Dear Mak Tin Si,

With due respect...

If you search you would see that MTS has been called out on these issues, rightly or wrongly is a matter of opinion, several times. I doubt you will find satisfactory answers to your questions.

He's been called out so many times I am beginning to respect him and his legendary level of perserverence of promoting his Taoist sect. Mak Tin Si the Persevering.... Mak Tin Si the Long Suffering..... Big Mak'n Mak Tin Si..... :lol:

Hang in there Mak!

Why isnt there a photo of you or Lau Tin Si on your website?

Here they are on duty

nbe0407l.jpg

YM

Dear Forum Members,

The reason why I would like to know more about Mak Tin Si is because one of my friend had paid him over $2000 for talismans and rituals to rid him or bad luck / spirit possession. It didnt work but further aggravates his conditions he's now being admitted to a hospital.

His family members are deeply concern, this is the reason why I ask with due respect its not a matter of opinion but the truth...

If MTS is not capable of rendering help please do not get involved and please be honest in the first place, dont be a bloood sucking vampire with empty promises. Karma would catch up with you and you do cause Taoism a bad name.

Mak Tin Si if what you say is true then youre a Liu Ren Xian Shi Lineage?

In Hong Kong there is only several lineage of Liu ren Xian Shi Lineage who is your teacher, which lineage do you follow. I believe youre not the first generation of lineage holder there must be someone or a teacher that had given you the lineage whats his name and profession, I do know very clearly all these masters in Hong kong.

I questioned him about similar matters before, at the time his website had different informations but in any case you may want to read this thread

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...ineage&st=0

Basically, his website does not mention ANY master he may have studied with, all 'masters' mentioned has been contacted in seance or - most probably - in his vivid imagination

YM

2000 bucks!....( whistles)..!

My friend got similar results from a smaller sum.

"Changing Destiny": Liao Fan's Four Lessons

It would be good teachings for altering one's karmic conditions...destiny, etc... ^_^

• Like 1

Dear Forum Members,

The reason why I would like to know more about Mak Tin Si is because one of my friend had paid him over $2000 for talismans and rituals to rid him or bad luck / spirit possession. It didnt work but further aggravates his conditions he's now being admitted to a hospital.

His family members are deeply concern, this is the reason why I ask with due respect its not a matter of opinion but the truth...

If MTS is not capable of rendering help please do not get involved and please be honest in the first place

I am sorry to hear about your friend and wish him and his loved ones all the best.

Sounds like a steep sum. But with the wide variety of individual differences is any person always going to be able to help every person every time? Others have had good results for much less........... Still in cases of failure showing that it was about "helping" rather than "getting money" is important to me.

Also I fail to see how the negativity of the outcome for your friend would change regardless of if MTS had an ironclad 2000 year lineage or just made it all up himself.

Excepting the endless lineage debate is this the first MTS FU failure ?!?

I am sorry to hear about your friend and wish him and his loved ones all the best.

Sounds like a steep sum. But with the wide variety of individual differences is any person always going to be able to help every person every time? Others have had good results for much less........... Still in cases of failure showing that it was about "helping" rather than "getting money" is important to me.

Also I fail to see how the negativity of the outcome for your friend would change regardless of if MTS had an ironclad 2000 year lineage or just made it all up himself.

Excepting the endless lineage debate is this the first MTS FU failure ?!?

I look at these posts by MTS, and he seems more like a salesman trying to sell used cars than a taoist.

The fact that Mak Tin Si does not reply only confirms the suspicions placed before him - it does not refute them because he is unwilling to cooperate and prove himself to be what you think he must be to do what he says.

That being said, why is his lineage so important, in a religion that focuses on the present, not the past?

That being said, why is his lineage so important, in a religion that focuses on the present, not the past?

It is also a religion that focuses on lineage :) And... people are asking about his lineage because they are far too polite to ask him if he is a liar. :P

All the Best

If you know who you are then maybe it is not important to prove yourself to others. Since this hasn't been the first time this issue has been raised, maybe MTS doesn't feel he needs to respond. Sometimes people just don't respond to silly accusations. I'm not saying he is or isn't who he says he is. But his lack of response in no way confirms anything.

I thought that his offer of a swine flu fu for a small or zero contribution to his temple was extremely generous.

3rdeye,

My sincerest thoughts and best wishes are with your friend. May they have a quick and full recovery.

Peace and love, Dave

I believe youre not the first generation of lineage holder there must be someone or a teacher that had given you the lineage whats his name and profession, I do know very clearly all these masters in Hong kong.

This person should be respected. Can everyone say this?

I must say that I have some reservations about him also. The no-reply to these questions does not make him look good. There is an old saying that you should reply if an enlightened person asked you a questions three times, and you refuse to answer I believe.

Added:

His site once said there was golden light from the altar, now it says purple...

Is this a change in story? I was once a defender of this guy, is there not anyone else here who would like to know the same?

Shouldnt we all want to know for human decentcy and the sake of non-ignorance?

Edited by Afromojo

This is a brutal lesson in Tao. There is always two sides to the coin.

1. Your friend was in dire need of help and could not make any rational decisions in helping him/herself.

2. Mak Tin Si is a person that saw an opportunity to prey on the weak.

There are two sides here. Your friend made a bad decision that is not Mak Tin Si fault. The other side is that Mak Tin Si is probably not a virtuous person.

Taoism teaches us not to give up our own power to anyone or anything. Once you search outside yourself to get answers there will be tons of people out their to give them to you.

Before searching outside we need to cultivate inside. Golden rule is if someone like Mak Tin Si is out there charging 2,000 for FU and saying he is practically an immortal. It's probably his own manifestation and he should just be ignored. Otherwise we give him power and our desires create curiosity because we'll say to ourselves "but what if he". The question to yourself should be "but what if I".

Tao Bless.

Dear Forum Members,

If MTS is not capable of rendering help please do not get involved and please be honest in the first place, dont be a bloood sucking vampire with empty promises. Karma would catch up with you and you do cause Taoism a bad name.

So he doesn't answer because he thinks it is a Joke, and is not taking it seriously?

Wow..........................................

So I don't believe that Mak Tin Si is active here currently, so I will be the official lineage representative:

I have requested many blessings from Mak Tin Si and am very happy with the results. If anyone is curious regarding FUs, it's probably best to request some $10 to $20 FUs just to make sure they completely deliver on their promises before investing $1,000 or anything.

One example, a few months ago my stepbrother found that he had lesions on his bones so I requested a $90CAD blessing and the next time he got a scan the lesions were gone... the doctors couldn't believe their eyes and we all thought that the $90 was well spent! :)

On the other hand, when my dad was sick I requested blessings from Mak Tin Si for my Dad's health plus lots of money was spent on conventional cures... yet he still died.

Sometimes what's going to happen is going to happen. I hope 3rdeye's pal gets better soon!

Yoda

PS Dad's blessings were formatted in such a way that they would benefit him regardless of whether he lived on in this realm or not which is an important Taoist perk! :lol: I suspect that many, if not all, of Mak Tin Si's FUs are like that.

I still do not understand the business of spirituality.

Ok son, give me some money and I will bless you. :blink:

Heck, I find it difficult to charge people to learn Qigong or Martial arts. In fact, I have yet to charge anyone anything. But this is me at my level and I'm not slighting anyone.

So, what? He needs money for his temple?

I don't have an opinion of Mak Tin Si, but...

If this is pretty much all you do, then it should be considered your occupation and you should be able to get money to be able to survive. Just because something is spiritual or martial arts, doesn't mean it's worthless.

Think about how much pro football players get...millions of dollars a year. What a joke.

So someone teaching martial arts should at least be able to feed themselves and live under a decent roof.

Plus, teachers of these types of things have usually traveled long distances and sacrificed a lot of time (money) to get where they're at...so all of that investment should not just go to waste.

People should work primarily at what they're passionate about, and others should value that. That's how business should run.