Trunk

Bellydancing

I've been inspired by bellydancing again. So much control of deep muscles within the abdomen and along the spine. Totally pertinent to Taoist development. Tons of stuff on youtube (search "bellydance lesson"). Here's a few of interest.

Flipping a coin from the tan tien:

snFtVdSQlkw

the "belly roll"

HUAy8ndY7AY

Sadie

YamDoDK71Ds

Sadie's Complete Bellydance Guide at amazon. Check out the reviews!

cheers,

Trunk

Yess, its amazing. Im trying the cointhing for ages now and damn when you see that movie it looks like its a piece of cake :blink:

Dayum,

I like the way she moves B) [video #3]

Edited by 11:33

Im trying the cointhing for ages now and damn when you see that movie it looks like its a piece of cake :blink:

Sequence and details of training. I highly doubt that the coin jump is the first thing that is learned. It's probably the culmination of learning other basic movements. That's why I suggest searching youtube for movements that are accessible to you, and a dvd that takes you through step-by-step. Obviously real skills are developed, and bellydancing has a system of training that has been developed over a long, long time. And it's not shrouded in secrecy, mystery, etc, of the spiritual (and internal martial) arts. Just there for anyone to learn.

Wow, beautiful (video 3).

Anyone else (men) respond to this? I feel like we see the sacred feminine in that video... I've been becoming very aware of these things lately, that women who are in control and yet allow themselves to be fully feminine are very attractive to me, somehow allows me to open up to and be comfortable with my masculinity, which I might not have before (because I guess I thought masculinity was about being a macho jerk).

Oh well, a little off topic and a little on the Deida side, but still... ;)

Great videos!

Sequence and details of training. I highly doubt that the coin jump is the first thing that is learned. It's probably the culmination of learning other basic movements. That's why I suggest searching youtube for movements that are accessible to you, and a dvd that takes you through step-by-step. Obviously real skills are developed, and bellydancing has a system of training that has been developed over a long, long time. And it's not shrouded in secrecy, mystery, etc, of the spiritual (and internal martial) arts. Just there for anyone to learn.

Yeh a bit like taiji step by step, my girlfriend knows a good friend and she bellydances. I asked her if she wanted to learn me some basics hehe, hopefully soon :) *pops in the oriental music*

Call me 'dirty' if you like, but all that hip moving got me thinking about 'lower energies'. And I liked it :)

Kind of sort of related: Kundalini yoga technique-Breath of fire. Learned this a couple of weeks ago. Gets your lower abdomen in sync with breathing. A lot like the coin trick only much faster.