11:33

Yin/Yang Gong

Hello Tao Bums,

I have been reading a lot of the excellent discussions around here and found this man Verdesi, who I have noticed has sparked some "interesting" conversations, hehe...

The part that interests me is this quote from here:

In addition to his other notable accomplishments, David has been formally accepted into one of the few remaining functional lineages of the Lei Shan Dao (Thunder and Lightning Path) and has recently attained the so called "Yin Yang Gong" or Tai Ji (the equivalent of "Level Four" in the system of practice written about in The Magus of Java). The significance of this accomplishment has many important implications for the student and their spiritual development, but, in simple terms, the practitioner posseses the ability to emit a special kind of Qi which feels like a continuous electrical current into anyone through physical contact by will alone. This is quite a rare achievement for a Daoist practitioner and unheard of for a western practitioner. The greater implications for those who achieve this level is immortal life; the practitioner becomes what Daoists call a Xian or immortal being, liberated from the cycle of death and rebirth.

1. Is this saying that David Verdesi is an immortal?

2. Is this saying that this Taoist cultivation methods, while being very different from Buddhist methods still cause the same result: liberation from the cycle of rebirth?

All the Best,

Yes and Yes. However, I remember back when Sean Denty was saying that David is going to achieve Yin Yang Gong, that it was the same accomplishment as one John Chang, but later refuting and claiming that not only had John Chang reached a different, inferior state of Yin Yang Gong than David, but that he also doesn't even have a developed "Dan Tien". Lol. I'd be wary when reading anything related to or coming out of the Verdesi camp.

Yes and Yes. However, I remember back when Sean Denty was saying that David is going to achieve Yin Yang Gong, that it was the same accomplishment as one John Chang, but later refuting and claiming that not only had John Chang reached a different, inferior state of Yin Yang Gong than David, but that he also doesn't even have a developed "Dan Tien". Lol. I'd be wary when reading anything related to or coming out of the Verdesi camp.

horse shit at its best :)

Hello Tao Bums,

I have been reading a lot of the excellent discussions around here and found this man Verdesi, who I have noticed has sparked some "interesting" conversations, hehe...

The part that interests me is this quote from here:

1. Is this saying that David Verdesi is an immortal?

2. Is this saying that this Taoist cultivation methods, while being very different from Buddhist methods still cause the same result: liberation from the cycle of rebirth?

All the Best,

I hate to get into discussions about David Verdesi. Especially because I don't know the man nor never met him and DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION to get into the whole thing.

There are many talks and things on the internet that proclaim this and that about him. That being said... Its really funny how people may say something which is completely and totally not based on fact nor very well explained when they give out certain information like "This is quite a rare achievement for a Daoist practitioner and unheard of for a western practitioner. The greater implications for those who achieve this level is immortal life; the practitioner becomes what Daoists call a Xian or immortal being, liberated from the cycle of death and rebirth."

11:33 I'm not sure you can really say that they are specifically saying that David Verdesi is immortal. Infact you can easily deduce from what they say... The greater implications...

First we should ask ourselves what do Daoists call a Xian? or what is at one point in history translated in english as an Immortal Being.

When one says something that another doesn't understand... but in the moment when people read it... it can bring all sorts of ideas in the mind... especially in peoples ego. How many people want to become immortal if they believe they can be... How many people do you think can achieve it given hard work and how many of those people do you think truly understand what it is before they through around such a word.

I thought I already said this... but its worth saying it again. 11:33 I think we should try and understand through experience what exactly a Xian is... or as some translations consider an Immortal Being.

I will say this much... It seems the people that are putting out information about David Verdesi either one, doesn't fully know what they are saying. Two, aren't nearly very good with speaking in public or three, specifically talking like this sort of erratic sort of talk which may get lots of peoples attentions but many or few will actually know what it means... (three, means in other words different ways of marketing there practices)

ok, i got some questions...

where did he get his 'dr' title from? last i heard theres paper to go with one n i'd like to see this...

how can he be an anthropologist if he doesnt speak or read the lingo? shit show me a real one that cant...

who sayz he joined yin n yang? his teacher? john chang? evidence? even if he did join yin n yang who sayz its the same as the mo pai joining? him? his teacher? john chang?

maybe theres a big and little joinin? theres a bunch of people who can zap and have ya feel magnetic and electric shit. shit...seems like john chang went to a fuc load more trouble to get his yin n yang...how the fuc does dr daisy KNOW his way is the right way?

what universities n groups he worked with? never met a university that had a problem listin there visitin academics...the opposite in fact...

who cept dr daisy and his followers is blowin his trumpet? shit i like some indepentent testimonials...talkin a testimonials...why aint we herein of the wonderful shit his people are feelin...like details..'my dics grown from 3 to 3 n a half inches since i swallowed this horse shit' ;):o:lol::rolleyes:

who said he could teach? yeah...even in asia if you get qualified you get paper nicely stamped n chopped. so who the fuc said he could teach n were is the damn proof...

he claims to be a 'special' student of wang liping, john chang, etc. there other students say he aint. that dude in russia with wang liping and some indonesia dudes with john chang. whos tellin the truth?

how come he tells us all his teachers are the real shit then comes back later and just tells us there shit? john chang is 'only' level 20...you there stop laughin at the back...jiang dude is just a ten...wang liping...well hes just a mountain hermit dude...anyhowz i know some dudes who fly around on pink clouds n shit...maybe i'll tell ya bout them later...ya we take credit cards...

how the fuc does dr daisy KNOW what level his teachers are at? i mean KNOW and not just sit there with score cards like a fucin ice skatin or swimin judge? how the fuc does a student sit in judgement on his teachers level anyhowz? he aint there nor even close so how come he is so high and mighty about there levels...

how come he keeps stickin the knife into his teachers? shit, the old sayin about students being worse than enimies must be true! john chang cant even read his own book...wang is keepin the good stuff for himself n his old students cant do jack...jaiang...hit the road jiang...dont you come back no more no more no more hit the road jiang dont you come back no more!!! what you sayyyy!!! hit the road jiang dont you come back no more!!! dr daisys got him a LEVEL 47 now! run along you aint needed no more!

Hahahahahahaha....shit...i dont give a one...but the payin public those amex black card wavin feckers...expect THEY do. all the other teachers list their credentials and some PROOF baby proof. shit...just cos i met the pope it dont make a damn cardinal.

dam! nearly forgot...why in the name of my wifes cardinal purple g string would i want to pay thousands of damn euro funny money to meet the damn teachers hes gone and said aint worth shit anyhow? wtf gives dude?I like them smiles we need some more...weres the ass wavin one?

aaaaaaand another thing...all these weird names like lee shan dao an shit like that...were apart from dr daisy can i find these names in legit chinese books? i mean like some old documents or somethin..shit..ill settle for a new one...but were ELSE can i see em mentioned..must be SOMEWHERE...or did he make em up himself? mmmmmmm...

Edited by Epicurious

I've read through most of the discussion on this and what I can clearly see is a pattern that boarders on obsession from David Verdesi's detractors. I haven't seen any lies from David Versedi, just gossip being accepted as fact and second hand information being misunderstood, distorted and played back to suit the argument of David's critics. Sour grapes perhaps. And David has yet to comment here. This kind of argument, if you can call it that, has been repeated in many of the major debates here and tends to characterize this forum.

Here is a writing from David Verdesi's website from a student. I found it a remarkable glimpse into a segment of Taoist culture that few get to see.

Link to article

~~~ Mod action ~~~

Article was re-produced here without consent of the author, and the author asked for it to be removed.

~~~ Mod out ~~~