Sign in to follow this  
sabretooth

mco / kundalini rising

would any one know if achieving the mco is the same as kundalini rising or is the mco a lesser energetic experience.

sabretooth.

would any one know if achieving the mco is the same as kundalini rising or is the mco a lesser energetic experience.

sabretooth.

Indeed so. Kundalini rising is a extreme energetic experience! Mco is at least in the first years of practise a circulation of qi, not to be compared with kundalini. The difference is like betwean travelling by foot or by a space rocket!

Perhaps in higher practises there are similarities, but I do not feel your question is raised at that level.

F D

Hello Fire Dragon,

thankyou for your reply,when I have achieved the mco i have felt pulses of heat shooting up my back and my top lip sweats,this I have done through tai chi practice and chi kung,this has then healed up old injuries that never quite whent away and also arthritis.

What does kundalini feel like?.

sabretooth.

The thing to ask is "what is going through the channel(s)". This distinguishes one MCO practice from another, and it distinguishes Kundalini rising from the "opening" of any particular channel (kundalini is usually associated with the central channel, btw, not the governing vessel of the MCO). This is my present understanding of things.

I'm probably not qualified to speak about what kundalini feels like since I haven't felt it, but the impression I get is that is WAAAAY beyond the energy level reached from a basic MCO type practice, like insane, fear for your life kind of energy (think freight train vs. motorcycle), and it has an "intelligent" or "creative" element that ordinary chi does not have.

Hello Fire Dragon,

thankyou for your reply,when I have achieved the mco i have felt pulses of heat shooting up my back and my top lip sweats,this I have done through tai chi practice and chi kung,this has then healed up old injuries that never quite whent away and also arthritis.

What does kundalini feel like?.

sabretooth.

I am no expert i this, but I would second the reply above. Georg Feuerstein says in the lost teachings of yoga that the prana(chi) that you experience from doing pranayama or chi kung/tai chi is one type of energy, and the Kundalini is of a higher intensity and intelligence. Kundalini awakenings can be traumatic to the extreme (see Gopi Krishna's book) if they occur spontaneously. Another description of it is in Shadow Strategies of an American Ninja Master by Glen Morris. His didnt sound too pleasant either, but he seemed to have dealt with it better than Gopi Krishna. It basically comes raging up your spine and blows your head off, but I have never experienced it so I cant really tell you much beyond that. The kind of things you are describing from your practice are pretty common Chi experiences I think, I have had much of the same.

I did have an experience with red hot snakes of energy snarling up my spine and some Chi Kung and Taoist Yoga teachers told me it was probably Kundalini but I kind of doubt this myself. If it was it wasnt a full on awakening. I have read that yogi's sometimes refer to sheaths of Kundalini, like there are layers or levels to it. I dont really understand this, maybe someone else would care to explain? Is it possible to have a half assed Kundalini experience?

I am no expert i this, but I would second the reply above. Georg Feuerstein says in the lost teachings of yoga that the prana(chi) that you experience from doing pranayama or chi kung/tai chi is one type of energy, and the Kundalini is of a higher intensity and intelligence. Kundalini awakenings can be traumatic to the extreme (see Gopi Krishna's book) if they occur spontaneously. Another description of it is in Shadow Strategies of an American Ninja Master by Glen Morris. His didnt sound too pleasant either, but he seemed to have dealt with it better than Gopi Krishna. It basically comes raging up your spine and blows your head off, but I have never experienced it so I cant really tell you much beyond that. The kind of things you are describing from your practice are pretty common Chi experiences I think, I have had much of the same.

I did have an experience with red hot snakes of energy snarling up my spine and some Chi Kung and Taoist Yoga teachers told me it was probably Kundalini but I kind of doubt this myself. If it was it wasnt a full on awakening. I have read that yogi's sometimes refer to sheaths of Kundalini, like there are layers or levels to it. I dont really understand this, maybe someone else would care to explain? Is it possible to have a half assed Kundalini experience?

I have also heard that the kundalini awakening could be started slowly and in layers. I also heard from a indian tantra and hatha yoga teacher that I visit from time to time that the sexual energy is a part of the kundalini energy. If you read the book "Kundalini the evolutionary energy in man" by G Krishna, then I think you not even dream about asking the question you did ask at this thread, beacase the differences are so huge. It is also an interesting story well worth reading for anybody and especially worth reading if you are interested in energetic work of any kind.

Kundalini awakening is somewhat like the maximum energy you can take into your body, I think. And you might be able to deal with it or it might kill you to!

F D

Hey everyone im new to the forum. I actually have been reading here for a while but registered to join this topic. I had a Kundalini rising when i was 17 or 16 cant remember. Im 19 now. It is hellish and heavenly. The effects for me physically were and still are vibrations or muscle spasms at my lower back and sometimes slight twitches. I didnt feel a freight train in the energetic sense but in a physical way yes (i did feel alot of energy though). The effects for me and for many are usually mental. ALL the emotional baggage you have stored comes out and you have to deal with it moslty at once. Huge surges of emotional pain. Mood swings. But also moments of ecstasy, uncoditional love, wonder. It is a gift it causes rapid transformation in many ways but never trully goes away, you keep changing but at a slower pace as time goes on. Kundalini stays with you and you cannot turn it off. It is said to be the creative force of the universe. I dont know for sure. But i was going down the wrong path in my life, i was unhappy, insecure to the extreme, egotistical, money hungry. I think I would have broken down one day and killed myself or i dont know. Kundalini changed all that. Now mind you I still have insecurities, I do get unhappy, I am not enlightened but the expirience of life is so dramatically different to say the least. I advise anyone thinking about to consider it. I had to quit school I couldnt go. So life can be affected but i think it was worth it to me. Some people cant deal with the energy. I have learned to calm it down with a raw/rare meat and eggs diet. It is very grounding but if I dont do MCO now i become very emotional and spirituality takes a seroius back seat and everything in my life goes hay wire. I have just started doing the MCO orbit now again and im feeling a million times better. Anyway yeah the 2 are very different but i dont think the energys are so different just a yin/yang. Ithink kundalini is a HUGE uptake of chi.

Well take care everyone

Hey everyone im new to the forum. I actually have been reading here for a while but registered to join this topic. I had a Kundalini rising when i was 17 or 16 cant remember.

How did your Kundalini rising happen? Were you meditating or did it just come about spontaneously? If you were meditating, were you doing Kundalini Yoga or something else?

Edited by erdweir

Hey everyone im new to the forum. I actually have been reading here for a while but registered to join this topic. I had a Kundalini rising when i was 17 or 16 cant remember. Im 19 now. It is hellish and heavenly. The effects for me physically were and still are vibrations or muscle spasms at my lower back and sometimes slight twitches. I didnt feel a freight train in the energetic sense but in a physical way yes (i did feel alot of energy though). The effects for me and for many are usually mental. ALL the emotional baggage you have stored comes out and you have to deal with it moslty at once. Huge surges of emotional pain. Mood swings. But also moments of ecstasy, uncoditional love, wonder. It is a gift it causes rapid transformation in many ways but never trully goes away, you keep changing but at a slower pace as time goes on. Kundalini stays with you and you cannot turn it off. It is said to be the creative force of the universe. I dont know for sure. But i was going down the wrong path in my life, i was unhappy, insecure to the extreme, egotistical, money hungry. I think I would have broken down one day and killed myself or i dont know. Kundalini changed all that. Now mind you I still have insecurities, I do get unhappy, I am not enlightened but the expirience of life is so dramatically different to say the least. I advise anyone thinking about to consider it. I had to quit school I couldnt go. So life can be affected but i think it was worth it to me. Some people cant deal with the energy. I have learned to calm it down with a raw/rare meat and eggs diet. It is very grounding but if I dont do MCO now i become very emotional and spirituality takes a seroius back seat and everything in my life goes hay wire. I have just started doing the MCO orbit now again and im feeling a million times better. Anyway yeah the 2 are very different but i dont think the energys are so different just a yin/yang. Ithink kundalini is a HUGE uptake of chi.

Well take care everyone

Hello Ramon25

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for charing your experiences. I'm shore you have alot to contribute to us all, so I happy you are in and writing to all of us.

Welcome

F D

I was meditating moving energy up and down the spine and stroring it in the brain doing what i wrongly perceived as the MCO, also doinf deep breathing. At that time i was not yet awakened. I went on the roof during an eclipse and meditated. Thats when it started to rear its head without becoming full blown. Just a very uneasy feeling of depression started to follow me througout the day. I had A very strong argument and outrage with a family member that also sparked a strong disassociation with life in general (a powerful feeling that nothing was real). After that to deal with the dis association i tried meditating again and thats when tremendous muscular spasm in my lower back practically knocked me off my cushion. But i was just feeling like extremley unwell, not good like life was searing me. After that I went and found osho and did his cathartic meditation. Shortley after it became full blown. I was meditating for a couple of months maybe like 20 min a day. But from the eclipse to the to the cathartic meditation was less than a few weeks in time . No i was not doing kundalini yoga. You can awaken kundalini in a bunch of ways, I dont think that form of yoga is anymore effective at raising kundalini than any other energy/meditation art. But it can be raised in martial arts, accident can also cause it as can extreme stress. You can even raise it by having a beutiful walk in the park having notthing to do with anything spiritual. It just happends most of the time atleast today. Thanks for the welcome everyone! I am sure many on here will be able to help me aswell i can sure use it.

Sign in to follow this