Nico

Is metaphysics evil for the soul?

First off, I know that evil is just a label and doesn't exist. It only exists by saying something is good. Anyways for the purpose of my question I will use evil as something that would prevent us from living a spiritually healthy life or from reaching immortality so to speak.

Now I have a story that has brought me to this question. My best friend had recently told me a story about using metaphysics in a negative way. He's a Christian and has read up a bit about metaphysics over the last few years. Anyways one day he was upset at his ex-wife. I guess she's making life miserable for him. So he decided that he wanted her to get killed in a car wreck. He told me that he had concentrated for about two or three weeks on her dieing in a car wreck. He said that when he would concentrate on her dieing in a car wreck he would go into a deep concentration. To me it sounded like a trance or something. He said there was days at work where he didnt talk to anyone because he was really deep in his head focusing on the car wreck. Anyways after doing this for two or three weeks he had decided it was a bad idea to make his kids motherless. So for a week more he had focused against her being in a car wreck. He genuinely ment it too. He was regretting that he had even started focusing her on being killed in a car wreck. Anyways after repenting for a week and focusing against it, his ex-wife had gotten into a car wreck. However, she wasn't killed, she just broke a leg.

Some of you will probably read this and think, "Yeah right!". I gotta say though, my friend doesn't lie and he does have some spiritual connection that I do not see in most people. He has always had a very strong mind.

Anyways I'm worried this path that he's taking with metaphysics. I was reading about Tao immortality. I read how people who do not cultivate correctly or use their energy in the wrong way become ghosts.

So I guess what my question is.... with Taoism there is immortality to work towards. It can be something positive for the soul. What is there to be gained from metaphysics? Could it be that the only path that metaphysics takes you to is an immortal ghost?

First off, I know that evil is just a label and doesn't exist. It only exists by saying something is good. Anyways for the purpose of my question I will use evil as something that would prevent us from living a spiritually healthy life or from reaching immortality so to speak.

Now I have a story that has brought me to this question. My best friend had recently told me a story about using metaphysics in a negative way. He's a Christian and has read up a bit about metaphysics over the last few years. Anyways one day he was upset at his ex-wife. I guess she's making life miserable for him. So he decided that he wanted her to get killed in a car wreck. He told me that he had concentrated for about two or three weeks on her dieing in a car wreck. He said that when he would concentrate on her dieing in a car wreck he would go into a deep concentration. To me it sounded like a trance or something. He said there was days at work where he didnt talk to anyone because he was really deep in his head focusing on the car wreck. Anyways after doing this for two or three weeks he had decided it was a bad idea to make his kids motherless. So for a week more he had focused against her being in a car wreck. He genuinely ment it too. He was regretting that he had even started focusing her on being killed in a car wreck. Anyways after repenting for a week and focusing against it, his ex-wife had gotten into a car wreck. However, she wasn't killed, she just broke a leg.

Some of you will probably read this and think, "Yeah right!". I gotta say though, my friend doesn't lie and he does have some spiritual connection that I do not see in most people. He has always had a very strong mind.

Anyways I'm worried this path that he's taking with metaphysics. I was reading about Tao immortality. I read how people who do not cultivate correctly or use their energy in the wrong way become ghosts.

So I guess what my question is.... with Taoism there is immortality to work towards. It can be something positive for the soul. What is there to be gained from metaphysics? Could it be that the only path that metaphysics takes you to is an immortal ghost?

energy follows thought ---It is in giving that you receive --he will learn his lesson one day---this is a very foolish thing he did!! he will Not become an immortal ghost that is suppositious nonsense! He will how ever reap what he has sown that is the universal law.

Let us suppose that your story is 100% true, and that this man did in fact cause his wife to get in a car wreck.

Up to a third of women report being physically abused at some point by someone close to them in my country (Canada). That exact number is probably up for debate, but I think we can all agree, physical abuse is very very widespread. Physical abuse is significantly more widespread, I think you'll agree, than metaphysical abuse.

So the conclusion we should come to, clearly, is that physics is evil for the soul.

If anyone doesn't believe that story that's fine. I'm just really curious on the thoughts of others about metaphysics. All religions seem to have a point to get to. They have a higher goal. I'm curious how does metaphysics fit into this picture. Thanks for the comments so far, good stuff.

I know When people start learning Real,Authentic, types of magic or energy work, Then They must closely guard their thoughts , feelings & emotions. Your Intent doesnt matter in some cases, Just becoming angry with the person is enough and could prove fatal

This is one of the main resons why its so hard to find masters willing to share these arts today. They are simply too dangerous to teach. Later in life The masters begin to think about their karma etc & usually will die with the system in many cases.

Regards,

Nico,

I hope your friend doesn't take this personally, but that was really dumb!!! :lol:

I'm glad he was able to turn most of it around.

I'm just learning about this sort of thing myself and recently bailed out of a DIY method to a system where I have good contact with a teacher so I don't royally screw up. While I would never do anything intentionally bad to someone, I don't have total control over my emotions so I do stew in negativity from time to time. As the knowledgeable r.w. smith says... that can cause trouble too... even without any training.

Your pal,

Yoda

Nico,

I hope your friend doesn't take this personally, but that was really dumb!!! :lol:

I'm glad he was able to turn most of it around.

I'm just learning about this sort of thing myself and recently bailed out of a DIY method to a system where I have good contact with a teacher so I don't royally screw up. While I would never do anything intentionally bad to someone, I don't have total control over my emotions so I do stew in negativity from time to time. As the knowledgeable r.w. smith says... that can cause trouble too... even without any training.

Your pal,

Yoda

You're right, it was REALLY dumb of him. When we were younger he was always the one with potential and seemed to know what he was doing. As we get older he just seems to be more and more lost, but there is still hope.

Since he knows how to concentrate he should cultivate more positive emotions then. Maybe suggest a book on Christian meditation?

Since he knows how to concentrate he should cultivate more positive emotions then. Maybe suggest a book on Christian meditation?

I need to do some more research. I was hoping through here I would get some ideas. I never knew Christian meditation even existed. It made sense to me that it didn't exist, because Ive never really seen any Christians that were very spiritual. They mostly seem to just repeat whats in the bible and try to follow it. I just looked on amazon and there are quite a few books on it. I'll do some research. If anyone knows of a good book don't hesitate to make a suggestion. Thanks Yoda.

Ive never really seen any Christians that were very spiritual. They mostly seem to just repeat what's in the bible and try to follow it

My guess is that if they made as much effort as some of the Taoists do to understand the book(s) they might get more out of it;-) I haven't but that's because the translation is really bad.

Anyhow, back to the metaphysics thing. Why someone (Christian or not) would wish actual, real death upon anyone is probably the biggy here.

Despite actual events and apart from what you told us about those - that he actually concentrated very hard on killing someone for weeks - the guy must be seriously lacking - in a number of ways that will probably not benefit him in the long run. THAT'S where his Karma might just nail him. See the 'Make a wish' thread here for fun and instruction.

Why couldn't your friend see another way out of this situation? Why was his ex-wife being DEAD the only solution? All this power in his mind, and all he can come up with is to force her to die? Seems silly. Why not envision a win-win solution for the both of them. Clearly it isn't metaphysics that s the problem. Metaphysics just helps people understand a bit more how the world works.

The main question I have is why would he choose killing her? Doesn't sound so good. What's wrong with your friend? Does he have no heart? Beyond having no heart, how come he didn't look for a win-win situation?

Lots of times saints aint right in their earlier days and change their ways, like with Milarepa. Maybe this will be the case? A copy of The Way of a Pilgrim with a Philokalia appendix would be amongst my suggestions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philokalia

You know, one persons religion is another persons metaphysics :).

If an action or line of thought degrades and causes separation, take a close look at it; it might be evil.

(I said might. For the truly enlightened there is no evil, but for us lesser beings it makes sense to call shit shit.)

Michael

Is thinking bad for the brain?

Is eating bad for the body?

Is breathing bad for life?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind...

Not too much, not too little (as my teacher says)