Wanderer

Anybody Ever Hear of This Guy?

Of course I'm interested to see what he does...but I'm very very cautious of giving money to those kinds of "sell-a-cure-all" marketing websites.

He goes by the moniker 'Elixxer' and sells a program that reputedly can DRAMATICALLY slow down the aging process.

http://www.elixxir.com/

never heard of him, but if he did what he claim he would be all over the place. He would have a nobel prize, much more money, and would not be selling his stuff at an online website.

Thanks for your responses guys. I, for one, am undecided on whether to believe that all this is a load of BS, or the real McCoy. Yes, I'm familiar with the calorie-restricted diet - and it's claims. In fact it's been around for years, and as stated in the article, IS scientifically validated. I suppose the part that I'm skeptical about is: how much of this is for real? I mean, did this diet really do all this for him, or was he doing something else apart from (or in addition to) the diet?

My only guess as to why this isn't more popular is that most people enjoy eating too much to bother with such a practice. After all, who wants to spend the rest of their lives cutting back on their calorie intake when surrounded by all that good food? I suspect not many do, evidence to the contrary notwithstanding! You know what they say; eating is one of those pleasures that rivals sex, and for some, surpasses it. I guess this is the sexual equivalent of coitus interruptus, or in this case 'caloric interruptus! Oops, there goes the neighborhood.

Anyways, it's still a fascinating read, and should anyone decide to try it, hey, I'm all ears!

Edited by Wanderer

life extension is not only choosing what to eat and how to eat it, but also on cultivation of plant species and so on in my opinion. the better you take care of plants, the better plants take care of you when you eat them. it's already a step to make have made fruits and vegetables and so bigger, but now it's also a good idea to try to make them as nutricious as possible and other kinds of welcome cultivation.

just another 2 cents on it

Pietro has some sage advice - don't fall prey to silly marketing scams on the internet.

He claims it has been "proven repeatedly in prestigious laboratories around the world" .. and proceeds not to cite anything. Certainly doesn't do well for his credibility.

If it sounds too good to be true, it often is.

EDIT: Important!

http://www.amazon.com/ImmorTalist-Manifest...8855&sr=8-1

Ratings of his book were terrible.

Edited by DaoChild

I don't see much difference between these two pages:

http://www.elixxir.com/

http://www.underdogwealthsystem.com/?gclid...CFQogegodfhy4rg

It's a scam and I can't believe you are asking this question.

Slowing down the aging process is a by-product of spiritual training. Several factors involved:

1. Quality of pre-natal chi

2. Quality food

3. Quality air

4. Quality water

5. Stress management

6. Living in a non-urban area preferably in a high-mountainous region

7. Time dedicated to spiritual training (including long-term retreats)

8. Non-attachment

9. Acceptance of no-self and how do you put this into practice

10. Celibacy

11. Karma

Good luck.

It's a scam and I can't believe you are asking this question.

Dude, I never "asked" anything! I just asked if anybody ever heard of this guy, pure and simple! I already said I'm not completely convinced. But there IS something to be said about calorie restriction. I've seen it talked about on the Discovery Channel at least twice, as well as written about.

Peace,

Chuck

I've read some really nasty comments from this guy Elixxir about the late Roy Walford being old and feeble, etc. Walford died from ALS, which can attack young and healthy people, like Lou Gehrig, as well as old. There is a lot of information about caloric restriction at The Calorie Restriction Society. It does have scientific validity, at least in some species.

I think the "Magnetic Qigong" guy is into the "physical immortality" thing also. I seem to remember him doing a course on it a few years ago.

Slowing down the aging process is a by-product of spiritual training. Several factors involved:

1. Quality of pre-natal chi

2. Quality food

3. Quality air

4. Quality water

5. Stress management

6. Living in a non-urban area preferably in a high-mountainous region

7. Time dedicated to spiritual training (including long-term retreats)

8. Non-attachment

9. Acceptance of no-self and how do you put this into practice

10. Celibacy

11. Karma

Good luck.

:lol: thats hilarious! thanks durkhrod. please explain to me why some people who dont practice that shit attain healthy longevity, or like dainin pointed out why some folks who are young get "struck" with death.

He would have a nobel prize

why? were already overpopulated so making everyone live longer aint such a 'prize' idea imo (doesnt mean they wouldnt give him one :D ). but i agree with the point i think your making

Edited by contrivedname!