erdweir

A strange psychic visit

Last night I went to bed here in Berlin about midnight. About a quarter to two, I woke up, got up for a minute, and went back to bed. I was almost asleep again when i felt the air in the room pop, like some pressure suddenly shifted. Then the pipes made a loud knocking noise three times in rapid succession (the heat was off and they never do this). I felt like something was knocking at the door, but not the door to the room, the door to this reality. All of a sudden this energy started coursing though my body. It didn't feel like either the hot yang or cold yin I have gotten from meditating. It had all of these pale tinted colors in it, and made psychedelic patterns in my minds eye. It was intense, but didn't hurt or feel uncomfortable like strong chi can. It felt kind of fuzzy and crystalline, and vibrating much faster than anything I have felt before. If my mind wandered away from it, the sensation weakened, but it came back if my mind went back to it. it didn't feel like my intension was driving it, it was more like I had the choice to accept it or not. It went on for an hour or so before I passed out.

I am not sure if I called this to me or not, but i think I must have in some way. I have been trying to connect to my higher self in my own way and have made some contact, but it is a distant relationship at this point. I tried to invoke it last night before i went to bed, so maybe it worked but there was some time delay? Or maybe I got some of Vajrasattva's healing broadcast? I had planned to tune in, but he does it at 11pm miami time, which is about five in the morning here, and I dont get up that early...

I am sure allot of you have had experiences like this, I would be interested in hearing about them, so feel free to share if you are so inclined.

Edited by erdweir

Was there a loud buzzing sound accompanying the energetic sensations? If so you were most likely experiencing the beginning stages of an OBE.

Yeah, used to happen to me alot, and yes very close to whats reported during OBE like Fizix said. I hated it because it happened like every night to me, and pretty much it was either that or lucid dreaming, at first it was kind of cool, but after a while, you just get sick of it, for some reason it seems to drain alot of spiritual energy from you when this happens. Don't worry, but I would do some more reading about this, and learn to control it. If you get paralyzed which I am sure will happen if this continues remember this, Do not try and get up with your body ie your muscle movement, this will only make the pressure worse, get up with your mind, think yourself up, I know it sounds weird but this is how it's done trust me, I have had probably close to a thousand of these experiences, which as far as I know is the most anyones ever had, even the people that write the books that are supposed to tell you how to have them. I remember reading these books and they said that they've had like two or three hundred of these experiences. I had them nonstop like everyday, for nearly four years. So when I say a thousand I am positive that is a safe underestimate. Use your mind to move, ok? And you will be able to float up through the pressure. This pressure can be scary at first, because it can feel like it's hard to breathe, just relax, also you will likely hear and see disturbing things in the transition state, entities, spirits, and old tale tells of the hag that sits on your chest. Have no fear, they can't really hurt you. Your lucky in a way, I had no one at all to relate this to when it happened to me, I wasn't sure if I was going crazy or what. But feel free to send me an e-mail if it gets worse and you need more specific advice, you will of course need to be more specific about whats happening to you, but I feel confident it will be nothing I haven't dealt with before.

Take Care

Was there a loud buzzing sound accompanying the energetic sensations? If so you were most likely experiencing the beginning stages of an OBE.

No loud buzzing. I take it you mean an Out of Body Experience?

Yeah, used to happen to me alot, and yes very close to whats reported during OBE like Fizix said. I hated it because it happened like every night to me, and pretty much it was either that or lucid dreaming, at first it was kind of cool, but after a while, you just get sick of it, for some reason it seems to drain alot of spiritual energy from you when this happens. Don't worry, but I would do some more reading about this, and learn to control it. If you get paralyzed which I am sure will happen if this continues remember this, Do not try and get up with your body ie your muscle movement, this will only make the pressure worse, get up with your mind, think yourself up, I know it sounds weird but this is how it's done trust me, I have had probably close to a thousand of these experiences, which as far as I know is the most anyones ever had, even the people that write the books that are supposed to tell you how to have them. I remember reading these books and they said that they've had like two or three hundred of these experiences. I had them nonstop like everyday, for nearly four years. So when I say a thousand I am positive that is a safe underestimate. Use your mind to move, ok? And you will be able to float up through the pressure. This pressure can be scary at first, because it can feel like it's hard to breathe, just relax, also you will likely hear and see disturbing things in the transition state, entities, spirits, and old tale tells of the hag that sits on your chest. Have no fear, they can't really hurt you. Your lucky in a way, I had no one at all to relate this to when it happened to me, I wasn't sure if I was going crazy or what. But feel free to send me an e-mail if it gets worse and you need more specific advice, you will of course need to be more specific about whats happening to you, but I feel confident it will be nothing I haven't dealt with before.

Take Care

So, you think I am in for some really weird shit huh? Sounds interesting. Can you tell me more about how it started for you? How can you be so sure that this is what's happening to me? I am not trying to be skeptical, I just would like to hear more details to help me make sense of it.

Can can you suggest any specific reading? books or websites? I know I can just google it but it sounds like you have read allot of this stuff, maybe you could make a good suggestion.

Thanks for the reply

UltimateFist I recall having an experience much like those you have described. In fact, you described it pretty much exactly. My condolences on your struggles. I remember after a particularly satisfying 1 hr meditation, I smoked a fat bowl of chronic and passed out on my couch, only to later awake (if that's the proper word?) every muscle seemingly paralyzed but at the same time coursing with (hardened?) energy, my spine was erecting/straightening involuntarily and I heard a jumble of noises, while I can remember gasping/inhaling desperate for air, but most disturbingly I believe that I saw either a dark entity or was just something else; a silhouette like dark form seemingly imprinted on my wall (or so I perceived) I could make out what looked like a wing span, but the entire experience only lasted for about 6-10 seconds. . can anyone make any sense of this? :/

Edited by fizix

UltimateFist I recall having an experience much like those you have described. In fact, you described it pretty much exactly. My condolences on your struggles. I remember after a particularly satisfying 1 hr meditation, I smoked a fat bowl of chronic and passed out on my couch, only to later awake (if that's the proper word?) every muscle seemingly paralyzed but at the same time coursing with (hardened?) energy, my spine was erecting/straightening involuntarily and I heard a jumble of noises, while I can remember gasping/inhaling desperate for air, but most disturbingly I believe that I saw either a dark entity or was just something else; a silhouette like dark form seemingly imprinted on my wall (or so I perceived) I could make out what looked like a wing span, but the entire experience only lasted for about 6-10 seconds. . can anyone make any sense of this? :/

Thanks for the reply.

I didnt feel any paralysis, in fact, i shifted around in my bed every few minutes while it was happening. I did feel energy coming up my spine, both in streams and bubbles. the rest of your experience sounds unfamiliar to me. The type of energy i describe was not hardened, but i know it's had to describe this shit in normal language. at no time did i leave my body, I felt more like something was coming in to my body rather than me leaving it

Erdweir I suggested a book for you in another post of your Vitality Energy and spirit, by Thomas Cleary. It is all you will likely need, for well everything, but know that it is one of those books you will have to read over and over and over, Specifically pay attention to the section call, "Compass Center Directions" to me it is the most direct explanation of the Tao there is, very deep , not easily practiced, but I have been all over the place and when I finally found real Taoists Priests their methods are more or less exactly as this section describes. As far as this experience goes, all I can say is try and roll with the punches, and don't get scared, hopefully it won't be as weird for you as it was for me, but umm yeah you might want to be prepared for something weird, just incase.

Fizix, yes this is exactly what I went through, except rather than simply silhouettes they had tangible form and color, similar to the blue greenish blur than remains after looking at a bright light. You Know? you get a shape of that light after wards when you look away right ? It was as if these things were made of that blur, but detailed, like faces and forms and with depth and dimension, what was scary was well they would all be different. You know like different people, and not just people but things. This even happened to me when I was traveling through asia, and you wanna know whats funny ? There faces over there were yes you guessed it asian. These things whatever they are are clearly intelligent at least on some level, not all of them but some were, there would come right up to me look me in the eye, some friendly, even beautiful, but some horrid and frightening. I mhave to say thie first few times were probably some of the most frightening experiences I have ever had, because when this happens no matter where you were sleeping without fail everytime, thats where it happens. If I was on the couch, I would be on the couch, if I was at a hotel I was at a hotel, if I was in my room, well you get it, point is if it were just a dream wouldn't I be somewhere random ? Weird huh ? I think herb might have some opening effects on certain parts of the subconcious, cause I did smoke early on in highschool, but I was clear of it for more than several years before this all began for me. I think for me it was improper meditation, I think the energy wasn't settling enough, either that or it was something like the phase of things waking up, kundalini maybe, I'm not sure exactly.

I hope you guys don't mind me deleting this, it has always been somewhat private to me, those of you who read it I am happy to share it with you and for those who didn't oh well I guess. Hope that doesn't bother anyone.

Edited by SmallFrameGrandUltimateFist

I would agree with what others have said - It sounds a lot like a Pre-Out of Body experience.

You can still experience the vibrations without paralysis though, and you can experience it before the POP that accompanies projection out of body.

I would agree with what others have said - It sounds a lot like a Pre-Out of Body experience.

You can still experience the vibrations without paralysis though, and you can experience it before the POP that accompanies projection out of body.

Thanks for the replies guys. I found the experience pleasant, quite nice actually. None of the fear and disorientation reported above, but I havent left my body yet. Any advice on how to handle it when it does happen? and does everybody think this is a pre OBE or is there another explanation?

I'm glad for you guys cause talking about this not only reminds of who I am and what I've been through but it renews my vigor and determination in many facets which I feel may have become somehwat covered over the years. For that I say Thank You.

Your'e welcome. Thanks for putting in the effort to help me too. That's what this place is for. All of this stuff reminds me of who I am too, it puts me in touch with my better nature. I didnt have the connection you found with martial arts teachers and exorcists, if I had then maybe when I could't sleep at night as a teenager, just like you, i could have gotten some help. Instead I got thown out of the house for being a drug addict when i was anything but.

You know, I have only been doing this Taoist stuff for a year, but it has made me think back over my life in different ways. I realized I had been feeling Chi in my body for a long time. As a teenager, I would lie in bed sleepless and the room would grow very small, and my body would grow very large. I could feel the gravity field of my own body and other weird stuff. sometime this is called Alice in Wonderland Syndrome or Lewis Carroll Syndrome. These feelings were connected with great heat in my body and redness and itching in my skin. sometimes I would also perceive a liquid chrome sphere that was simultaneously larger than the universe and smaller than a quark. I would lie there with the distorted room buzzing with this strange apparition in my minds eye, very lifelike. when I would go to school exhausted the next day I would get taken to the nurses office and accused of doing drugs. thank you nancy reagan.

I mentioned that I have been trying to contact my higher self, But maybe I should give more detail. After I do the fusion of the five elements, sometimes my head is filled with light. I open up my head like a flower, and this white plant with red flower buds snakes out like a vine, and starts searching around the room. I extend it up through the layers of mist and connect with a dark colored marbled rainbow sphere which feeds me energy down through the flower into my body. After doing this for a couple of months, I had a dream where this thing appeared, a large square sectioned bar, also rainbow colored but is searing electric hues. It was one of those dreams where the vision is of an intensity that makes what we call waking reality pale in comparison. It beamed this energy into me and all of these brown insects and spiders started exploding out of me and being blown to pieces. Last night before I went to bed I called this bar down into my body to try and invoke my higher self. Perhaps it worked? dont know.

Edited by erdweir

Hi Erdweir,

Thanks for sharing your experience. My sister experienced something like this before. She said that she was scared at the time, but upon later reflection said that she wished that she hadn't been scared. She's been hoping for another experience like that but to date it has never happened again to her.

At the risk of stating the obvious, it is possible that the exploding spiders/insects were imperfections or impurities of some type, leaving your body? I would guess that if one is going to meet one's higher self, one would need to a higher level of refinement and purity--and the exploding insects could be a representation of your achieving that. Here's another thought: do you think there was any chance that the bars of searing light you referenced could actually be your higher self? Or perhaps a mental representation of your higher self?

I humbly throw these ideas out there as something to consider, and I hope they are helpful in some way. Best wishes on your personal journey!

Sincerely,

Birch Tree

Hi Erdweir,

Thanks for sharing your experience. My sister experienced something like this before. She said that she was scared at the time, but upon later reflection said that she wished that she hadn't been scared. She's been hoping for another experience like that but to date it has never happened again to her.

At the risk of stating the obvious, it is possible that the exploding spiders/insects were imperfections or impurities of some type, leaving your body? I would guess that if one is going to meet one's higher self, one would need to a higher level of refinement and purity--and the exploding insects could be a representation of your achieving that. Here's another thought: do you think there was any chance that the bars of searing light you referenced could actually be your higher self? Or perhaps a mental representation of your higher self?

I humbly throw these ideas out there as something to consider, and I hope they are helpful in some way. Best wishes on your personal journey!

Sincerely,

Birch Tree

That was all what i was thinking, implying, and hoping. there is a chance that I am just delusional, engaging in wishful thinking or whatever. I am no stranger to doubting myself. some say you just fool yourself with this kind of stuff, I used to think this way all the time. Now i try to just make it up as I go along and see where it leads me. Being skeptical is ok, but if it means you don't try anything or take any risks than it's just an excuse not to grow.

That is how i just feel about my visualizations during these meditations and dreams. As for last last night, and the energy visitations, I dont know, it was different. I didnt see it coming and had no idea what it was. It definitely didn't have much in common with my vague ideas of trying to contact my "higher self" or whatever.. there was no imagery like during my meditations, but perhaps it was born of them nonetheless. my unconscious just vomits this stuff up and i follow it along. I will just have to wait and see.

I hope you don't lose heart erdweir. Just keep taking the experiences as they come. The quest for the higher self is both noble and worthwhile--and could take you to spiritual places the likes of which few have ever seen. Perhaps it would be best to view your experience as a gift? I am sure there are lots of people (myself included) who would love to experience something like what you experienced but have not had the opportunity to do so.

Also, I don't know what "lesson" your experience has to offer, but I am guessing that you probably have some idea--trust your feelings on this. If nothing else, it is a reminder that we are much more than just our physical bodies. Keep trusting your mind's eye, and take heart in the knowledge that several others right here on this forum have experienced something similar.

I hope these thoughts are helpful to you.

All the best,

Birch Tree

Erdweir, reminds me of kunlun type experiences... debatable whether angels or ghosts... 2-4am is when ghosts are strongest. Personally, I'm very leery of this sort of experience. If in the long run your happiness, energy, finances, luck, relationships etc suffer then figure out how to get rid of them. If ghosts, they can be contageous to other members of the household.

UltimateFist, interesting you used your sword. In my limited understanding of western occultism, iron blades are thought to be disruptive to their energy fields.

Your pal,

Yoda

Last night I went to bed here in Berlin about midnight. About a quarter to two, I woke up, got up for a minute, and went back to bed. I was almost asleep again when i felt the air in the room pop, like some pressure suddenly shifted. Then the pipes made a loud knocking noise three times in rapid succession (the heat was off and they never do this). I felt like something was knocking at the door, but not the door to the room, the door to this reality. All of a sudden this energy started coursing though my body. It didn't feel like either the hot yang or cold yin I have gotten from meditating. It had all of these pale tinted colors in it, and made psychedelic patterns in my minds eye. It was intense, but didn't hurt or feel uncomfortable like strong chi can. It felt kind of fuzzy and crystalline, and vibrating much faster than anything I have felt before. If my mind wandered away from it, the sensation weakened, but it came back if my mind went back to it. it didn't feel like my intension was driving it, it was more like I had the choice to accept it or not. It went on for an hour or so before I passed out.

I am not sure if I called this to me or not, but i think I must have in some way. I have been trying to connect to my higher self in my own way and have made some contact, but it is a distant relationship at this point. I tried to invoke it last night before i went to bed, so maybe it worked but there was some time delay? Or maybe I got some of Vajrasattva's healing broadcast? I had planned to tune in, but he does it at 11pm miami time, which is about five in the morning here, and I dont get up that early...

I am sure allot of you have had experiences like this, I would be interested in hearing about them, so feel free to share if you are so inclined.

Hi erdweir.

This sounds like it may well have been contact with an "other" entity. I have felt presences and had sleep paralysis that was probably pre OBE (intense tingling in the spine, then body asleep but mind awake, can only control breathing and blinking and fingers and toes, crazy hallucinations, and more recently intense energy flow sensations) for many years, and I have never been sure how much is my own mind or "another". But there is one experience that stands out from these where I am sure I was visited by someone who gave me energy/spiritual help (I know who it was so I don't have to worry if it was an angel or a demon :P ). Your experience sounds the most similar to that experience of mine.

Keep trying to connect with your higher self and ask for protection from any entities that does not mean you well.

Also, Santi says the energy from the broadcast is programed to reach whoever tunes in at 11:00 their time. I keep forgetting to tune in :( but you reminded me! Hopefully I'll remember tonight.

Regards,

Tyler

Erdweir, I cannot thank you enough for sharing your experiences. My similar experiences soon started occurring after taking up Dan Tien breathing meditation. And I do have to agree with your assumption that the herb plays a part in subconscious parts of the brain/spiritual aspects; I'm 19 and have been smoking for two years and have experienced some pretty surreal things while in deep meditation after toking up. This seems like an appropriate thread to ask if anyone else is familiar with what I'm describing: I don't know exactly when I gained this 'ability', but I somehow found that I could manipulate some sort of force located in my head, above ad between the eyes, behind the forehead. I can either contract this 'energy' inward as if compressing, or simply leave it untensed. When doing this in deep meditation, a low buzz soon arises and soon grows much, much louder. For anyone with any personal experience in OBEs, can you explain to me what role this buzzing plays and the subject's apparent ability to control? Along with the buzz, the body itself feels like one completely solid energy mass, feeling every square inch of your body at the same time. If anyone could also tell me how one can achieve the 'pop' that is presumably post-buzz, which leads to OBE (or describe what they have involuntarily experienced pre-OBE), it would be much appreciated. Thanks for the great replies!

Erdweir, I cannot thank you enough for sharing your experiences. My similar experiences soon started occurring after taking up Dan Tien breathing meditation. And I do have to agree with your assumption that the herb plays a part in subconscious parts of the brain/spiritual aspects; I'm 19 and have been smoking for two years and have experienced some pretty surreal things while in deep meditation after toking up. This seems like an appropriate thread to ask if anyone else is familiar with what I'm describing: I don't know exactly when I gained this 'ability', but I somehow found that I could manipulate some sort of force located in my head, above ad between the eyes, behind the forehead. I can either contract this 'energy' inward as if compressing, or simply leave it untensed. When doing this in deep meditation, a low buzz soon arises and soon grows much, much louder. For anyone with any personal experience in OBEs, can you explain to me what role this buzzing plays and the subject's apparent ability to control? Along with the buzz, the body itself feels like one completely solid energy mass, feeling every square inch of your body at the same time. If anyone could also tell me how one can achieve the 'pop' that is presumably post-buzz, which leads to OBE (or describe what they have involuntarily experienced pre-OBE), it would be much appreciated. Thanks for the great replies!

It wasn't me that mentioned weed.. but since you brought it up, I havent been using it. It's true that it can intensify things sometimes, but my feeling is that that it is ultimately an obstacle. before i stopped using it i noticed that if i smoked it when it had been awhile since the last time, i got this flood of subconscious imagery in my mind, but if i kept smoking it regularly, it did the opposite, and even my dreams stopped. perhaps you should post this on one of the drug threads.

as far as the rest of it, The buzzing and stuff, I have had all kinds of buzzing from meditating, some of it localized in odd places, like the testicles, other times all over the body. deep breathing is well known to induce this. and the energy in you head, well, it just sounds like chi to me, but who knows, I am no expert. maybe start a new thread about it if you want to ask more questions about it, i dont know what to tell you.

As far as the subject of this thread, or what it has turned into, I dont know how to induce and OBE, but I looked it up and there are methods out there for that, just do an internet search. some of the other posters on this thread seem to know way more about it than me, but the impression i am getting based on what they are saying is that what i experienced last night was just a side effect of meditation and building up energy in the dantien. that is just a guess...

Edited by erdweir

Er, forget the fact that I mentioned weed, it's irrelevant, was just an aside; I'm pretty sure people's experiences would've occurred regardless as a result of their training. But yes, I can confirm for you that if you are properly building up energy in the dantien, some crazy stuff will start happening. However, few, very few people know how to properly gather yang qi in the dan tien based on the the vast amounts of practitioners who claim work on the dan tien yet do nothing practical to actually gather the qi.

Edited by fizix

It's just a normal phenomenon, maybe you succeed to connect to Heaven energy, which is Yang or Light and it begun to penetrate your being, or at least to consciously perceive it.

check these videos for more info on the subject:

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...-pt3_shortfilms

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/searc...368686561646572

If you begin to have OBE's just don't cling on them and don't search to achieve them because this is a trap is a sidetrack that eventually will lead you to become a ghost after physical death. The final goal is spiritual immortality and enlightenment and this is a very long journey that will take a lifetime maybe several lifetimes. And we need all the lessons in the real physical life for this purpose, it's a mistake to live only in the world of imagination/visions. Meditation should give you the clarity of seeing the real world. This is just my credo.

Hey guys sorry for going a bit too in depth, I do not want to seem self indulgent, to sum up the rest of what happened, the guy who my aunt brought over, turned out to be a taoist priest, he and his teacher took an immediate interest in me and I learned their ways, I would not say they are solely exorcists or anything, even though I might have said that in the past, they practice Tao and through their practice they have found a need from others for their help, clearly this is a path wrought with many unusual things, from a general western standpoint we feel we cannot even talk about it because people will shun us, or as Edweir says accuse us of being on drugs or something.

Yoda,

That is interesting, I think I've heard that before somewhere too, but I don't know where. High carbon sword steel is just baisically iron with 1-2% of carbon spread throughout it, a few others here and there varied but It's more or less 97-98% iron, so that is interesting. I didn't really even think of that back then, I just sort of did it. But after my studies and learning their Taoist arts in this regard, I was taught a few different stages. I have been back about 4 times, staying for about 6 months at a time, my first visit lasted nearly a year I was learning Tai Ji and during that first year. The first few stages involves spell like things they taught me which call their Gods to aid me, after sometime they taught me which one's are connected with me personally and they are the ones that aided me. On my second visit, I studied with the head master of the Temple and he taught me the higher levels of it, which pretty much involve use absorption type techniques, I said in my other post the first priest I met who is the masters #1 student was walking around my aunts house and he would raise his hand here and there, that was what he was doing, they just sort of absorb it and dissolve it. It's more of a will power thing, but your meditation training must come first and I cannot suggest this for anyone because if you don't have the ability to dissolve it your more or less pulling it into yourself and thats no good. I was also taught how to form weapons from energy, and will, he said if you choose a sword make a sword, something like that. My third trip I was told my God aide or whatever you would call that had changed almost like a promotion ? I dunno thats how he said anyways, so with that he taught me higher skills, he said that now I was on par with how he did things, dispelling these things by pure intent and will alone, no physical movement is necessary at times the slightest movement with a finger perhaps, I was still encountering these things though less often and far more powerful though, kind of like only the really menacing ones dared try their hand and messing with me. My fourth trip he gave me my final lessons saying that I need nothing else, no charms, no mala, etc, he said now there was no more left to teach and I should use what I learned to help people if they needed me. I have not seen or heard from anything since then, I can feel sometimes in certain places they are there, certain places they like to stay shadowy tree lines at the edges of parks for example, bodies of water late at night. But I now feel that they are either very intrigued by my presence or just plain flee, once I even heard heavy footsteps dash off as if in fear followed by a greenish shadow when I was out walking my dog late at night. I can feel their intent, alot of them are like us, they get scared, startled, angry, etc. I have encountered some things that I've been warned of, crazy types, they alluded these to psycho's in the human world, they flat out don't care if your dangerous to them, there just crazy baiscially.

Since everything is more or less quiet now, and has been for the last seven years or so, I almost forgot about all these weird things, and sometimes thinking about them, I kind of even wonder if they were real or not. But I dunno with so many experiences over and over, I cannot discount that there was definately soemthing going on. Since I feel myself to be pretty level headed healthy athletic and not one to drink or use drugs, I more or less rule out that I was mentally ill, I mean I wasn't weird or anything, heck I'm not even the type to be superstitous, these things happened and I had no choice but to deal with them. Fate seemed to lead me to an answer, I am grateful for that. I am glad that you all have such supportive comments and insight, that we can share these experiences that would otherwise cause people to think we are off our rocker, is a very special thing. I hope you all can confide in me as I do you.

If you begin to have OBE's just don't cling on them and don't search to achieve them because this is a trap is a sidetrack that eventually will lead you to become a ghost after physical death. The final goal is spiritual immortality and enlightenment and this is a very long journey that will take a lifetime maybe several lifetimes. And we need all the lessons in the real physical life for this purpose, it's a mistake to live only in the world of imagination/visions. Meditation should give you the clarity of seeing the real world. This is just my credo.

I agree with your credo, I am not trying to become a psychic tourist. Never heard of the ghost trap before. Yes we do need this world, why else would we be here?

Edweir,

It Sounds as if you already have a strong force that works for you. All I can say is use that force to your advantage, destroy those evil things withing you and you will find yourself again, I am always happy that if only even a small part of something I say can help someone find themselves, that is enough for me. Good Luck

Sorry to keep adding so many replies, I must tell you though Edweir what you quoted from Steam is about as right on as it gets,

So Steam good to hear that man, alot of people run off from the world, I am very very happy to hear you say what you did, and your understanding that this is the work of many lifetimes, most don't know this, and most don't think about the fact that not only might it take many more lifetimes in the future, but the fact that we are here studying Tao at all means we've already taken many lifetimes in the past working on it, so we should not foolishly waste our lives and our countless past efforts. I find that some 98% of the people I hear Talk about the Tao aren't even close to where your at, Good Luck and Godspeed.

some of you are very accurately describing what in Mexico is called "having the dead jump on you" (que "se te suba el muerto"). I don't know if it's meant as a literal thing. it is very common and I have heard of several people experiencing, including myself once at my mother's house when I "woke up" (though I could have been sleeping) to the sensation that I was being held down by an entity, evidently dark, but perhaps, only perhaps a "double" of myself. it held me by the head so i couldn't turn it to look at it. it held me down and breathed violently on my neck, it was scary and threatening. i believe that might be the sort of phenomenon where vampires an incubi/succubi come from.

later on, I learnt from a wise man that I highly regard that this was common and that the essential self-defense tactic is managing to (remember to) turn the palms of your hands toward it. towards the energy, being, spirit, whatever it is that is "jumping on you". the hands of human beings, he said, have a power that no other entity can fight. it's like our natural birthright weapon :-). it's supposed to stop once you run your palms towards it, maybe channel a little energy.

i believe these entities come on to us when we're in a transition stage (such as half asleep) where it's hard to defend yourself and you might more easily come into their "turf". there's always a clear feeling that the body is paralized, or that even if you're awake enough to move, the "signal" doesn't come through. i believe all they do is feed on energy, and they might have something to do with those nights in which you can't sleep well and keep falling in and out and having strange dreams. it makes sense that a "jolt", if consciously managed, would probably shake them off.

two cents on something maybe unrelated, but which seemed interesting and related to the subject at the time

:-)

trixter

Erdwier,

It sounds to me like you nearly did the astral projection thing, from the energy sensations and the lights you saw.

The dark shape you saw was probably a manifestation of your fears, balancing your mind and emotions will remove that sort of thing, and help with the subconcious manifesting. Otherwise next time you start to get out you can affirm that how safe you actaully are, and use your imagination to blow away that sort of thing easily.

Good luck.

Erdwier,

It sounds to me like you nearly did the astral projection thing, from the energy sensations and the lights you saw.

The dark shape you saw was probably a manifestation of your fears, balancing your mind and emotions will remove that sort of thing, and help with the subconcious manifesting. Otherwise next time you start to get out you can affirm that how safe you actaully are, and use your imagination to blow away that sort of thing easily.

Good luck.

I like the dark shape, it's my friend. maybe you are confusing me with the guy who took a bong hit and passed out on the couch..

Thanks for the luck. god everybody thinks i am about ready to eject my body. how crazy. see what happens next.