Sign in to follow this  
Taiji Bum

THE SECRET OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER: Explained (video)

The background music is interesting but the subtitles seem problematic.

In fact, in Taoist cultivation,there are 2 unwanted results we should carefully avoid:

Instead of nourishing yang qi or an embryo after the intercourse of yang and yin in our body , we get :

1) An yin-embryo or ghost-styled embryo: It appears because people are ignorant of the basic Taoist concepts : the yin/yang theory ;they think that just by using their yin-spirit, through deliberately focusing it on somehing, concentration.. imagining something, using their mind moving the qi..etc they can create something significant, something great .. unfortunately it can't . Without the opening of the Magic Gateway to us ,without pre-preheavenly qi come upon us , all we have done in the end are doomed to be fruitless. As a famous Taoist saying tells us: "if you are ignorant of the yin & yang, please don't do it carelessly. "("不識陰陽莫亂為")

As we make a ceramic doll , if right in the beginning/middle we find it defective , we smash the clay , and use a wholly new piece to make a new one . Never should we nourish a yin-spirit...

2) An illusory embryo: It appears most likely because people adopt a visualization approach in their practice right from the beginning, or are too eager to get some result at some stage of their practice . Visualizating how qi entering their body from outside, how a Taiji ball arising from their body, how qi flow as the books already told them...etc. and then all seems to be happening as they were told ...This is called an illusory dan (幻丹) or embryo ("幻胎"). In fact, the issue were already warned in a famous Taoist saying: " even if you find cloud gathering around your feet, it still can be illusory "(" 雲生足下仍是幻 ")

Of course, if you find it illusory, you crush it and re-start from the beginning.

Super!!! The same explanation as Gurdjieffs regarding immortality: first you must create the astral body (the ghost), then the mental body which is immortal inside our sun system, then divine body which is immortal outside maybe in the entire universe. :rolleyes:

Super!!! The same explanation as Gurdjieffs regarding immortality: first you must create the astral body (the ghost), then the mental body which is immortal inside our sun system, then divine body which is immortal outside maybe in the entire universe. :rolleyes:

WOW! to generalize about similarities in approaches or different practices only speak about those similarities and not the whole practices. I mean every other little detail when i say whole practices.

I do too understand how fun it is to discover the similarities of other practices. Although I do not start to feel, think or believe that they are the same all together.

A++ for the information shared in this post!

*bow*

Peace,

WTiger

Is that true, that you need yin(ghost) spirit to "born" yang spirit?

In fact, in Taoist cultivation,there are 2 unwanted results we should carefully avoid: /.../

So, im curious how to keep avoid of them? There are so many books, and each od them

includes metods with visualisation, and im a little bit confused.

Thanks for some good explanations ;-)

I made this artsy, fartsy video as an experiment to learn how to mix music and pictures. It uses the illustrations from an ancient Taoist alchemical book called THE SECRET OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER and the music is by Evanessence only because I like the song. Making this was actually alot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4wNUYmwP8...re=channel_page

This is kind of cool in a mind-expanding way. However this ascribes transformative agency to the body, which is not the best move, philosophically speaking.

I made this artsy, fartsy video as an experiment to learn how to mix music and pictures. It uses the illustrations from an ancient Taoist alchemical book called THE SECRET OF THE GOLDEN FLOWER and the music is by Evanessence only because I like the song. Making this was actually alot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn4wNUYmwP8...re=channel_page

I wonder if the mandala you saw (Falun Gong-type) looks like the one Dragon Gaters saw?
In Sept. 2007, one hundred years after Wilhelm meeting his Chinese teacher, the 18th transmitter of the Dragon Gate Taoism Taoist Wang Liping trained eight European based on the techniques of <The Secret of the Golden Flower>. At the 6th day of the training course, some people saw the Mandala, and finally 6 of the 8 trainer saw the Mandala and draw the images. The results were published in 《contemporary Academic Research》page 24, Jan. 2008, titled "Study of <the Secret of Golden Flower> Internal alchemy practice".
Does anybody have the drawings of that mandala from this workshop?

This video was pretty good as I have just started reading The Secret of the Golden Flower I think it will help me understand some of the terms used.

I really enjoyed your Taoist Alchemy videos alot too. Very good and lot of goods beginner info.

What kind of 'deep breathing' should a beginner do if interested in this alchemy? As in something that can break it down step by tiny step for a totally clueless noob. Also...is the advice to abstain from any sort of sexual activity and release also necessary for women as for men?

That video also had me wondering. Is the Yin body also the same thing as an OBE energy body? I just got Robert Bruce's 90 Days to Astral Projection book and his Astral Dynamics book and some things in the video got me wondering if they're two different ways of describing the same thing. Bruce stresses in both books how he goes out of his way to avoid adopting Eastern words and decided to come up with his own English-based words to describe energy bodies instead. He also talked about higher energy bodies than even the ones his book supposedly will teach you about but he said that's very advanced material and not something to teach beginners.

I go through the entire process here in this series numbered 1-5 plus there is one entitled Taoist Alchemical Breathing that goes into more detail on the breathing-

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DarinH...deos&sort=v

From what I understand women dont need to abstain from sex but they shouldn't practice if pregnant. The yin body is the OBE body and what I should have said instead of meditation and breathing "forming" the yin body I should have said it solidifies and refines it.

Does that help? :)

I really enjoyed the whole series you have on YouTube including this video.

You have really inspired me to learn more. Thank You.

~joe

What reason does anyone have to think that something which is born, that is to say, is finite and has a beginning, will never die?

There is no death, only change.

What reason does anyone have to think that something which is born, that is to say, is finite and has a beginning, will never die?

This is not something I know about, but just to yap randomly...

The vajra body is based on light.

In Tsongkhapa's 6 Yogas of Naropa it says that once you accomplish this body, it will last as long as this universe. So, not 'forever' but for a long time.

What those two statements have to do with eachother, I'm not sure - but they seem related to me somehow.

Does anybody have the drawings of that mandala from this workshop?

Here you are Vortex

610.jpg

710.jpg

810.jpg

910.jpg

1010.jpg

The article was published a short time ago in a Journal here in Hong Kong.

The author, Wang Tingjun, is a disciple of WLP and was with the study group.

By the way, Wang Tingjun holds classes frequently in Europe

YM

Delaying the inevitable?

This is not something I know about, but just to yap randomly...

The vajra body is based on light.

In Tsongkhapa's 6 Yogas of Naropa it says that once you accomplish this body, it will last as long as this universe. So, not 'forever' but for a long time.

What those two statements have to do with eachother, I'm not sure - but they seem related to me somehow.

One may suggest that change is death. How can one create, in a compounded, impermanent body, that which never changes and/or dies?

There is no death, only change.

One may suggest that change is death. How can one create, in a compounded, impermanent body, that which never changes and/or dies?

The physical body made of dirt lasts 120 years. The yin body made of qi lasts a few hundred years. The yang body made of shen lasts thousands of years and perhaps until the physical universe itself ends but the last body is the void body and it cannot end.

How? You know the way we start out as nothing but then sperm and egg get together and form one cell then 2, 4, 16, 32 and we just get bigger and bigger. Well, in order to return to the source of our life force we need to reverse the journey. We start with our yin body which is the same size as our physical one and refine it down to a much smaller baby shen size and then it returns to void but still conscious like we are normally. If you have an OBE your consciousness is in your yin body. That consciousness transfers down to the yang body and then to the void body which isnt a body at all but nothingness/emptiness or true nature I guess, but still conscious.

I dont know how it works, but it does. Perhaps the entire process is illusionary and were just shedding karmic crap until we are strong enough to exist as pure consciousness? I dont know but I know it seems like you go through a succession of bodies.

I've reread that twice and my sunburn is distracting me from seeing if I made any sense. Sorry if I am not too clear. :huh:

Sign in to follow this