Sign in to follow this  
awake

Energy displacement?

I met what seemed to be an interesting phenomena today.

In class, these 2 girls who sat near me were making fun of me. Nearly everything I said, they would laugh at. I have heard enough laughs in my life to know for certain they were laughing at me, I was not making jokes. Of this I am certain.

This made me feel not so good. At first I noticed I was trying to hide the feelings (you see, I have been emotionally bullied in the past, and supressed those feelings), but I gave my self permission to feel them "Its okay to feel this way". I then moved my attention to my breath, as is my meditation, and began breathing in and out while I felt through this fairly powerful bad feeling.

Within a minute or so, I evened out fairly well, though there was still the "aftertaste" of the emotions I had just felt.

I noticed another minute or so after that, both those girls, within 10 seconds of eachother, slouched back and got really low in their seat, or leaned forward and put their head on their hands, which rested on the table. (one did one, the other did the other). They stayed that way almost still for the rest of the class.

It seemed to me that they "got a taste" of what they made me feel, when it was removed from my body. It was like they were completely drained, turned low energy, or got a taste of the bad feelings I was feeling.

I posited what happened as karma for their actions just before, yet I am very interested in how it seemed to come from the state being cleared (mostly) from my body. I am a male, by the way.

Could this be a coincidence, or an example of something more powerful, such as that energy in me being transferred onto them? I know when you feel good, girls especially can feel it too, but when you feel bad, can the same effects be felt? Does anyone else have similar stories, or an explanation for what may have happened?

Thank you.

Edited by awake

Whether they realize it or not, People can sense each other's emotions and draw energy from them. This can be mutually edifying, like contagious enthusiasm, edifying for one, exemplified by bullying, or edifying for neither, like one person spreading their anger.

So when someone makes fun of someone else, they come to expect a certain response: that they will make the recipient feel bad and thus make themselves feel good.

Consider also that when people expect something or take something for granted, when things go otherwise it is a sort of shock that can case one to feel very negative.

Combining the two, perhaps the girls who were laughing at you started feeling bad because they didn't get what they were anticipating (a feeling of power and control).

My point is I don't think anything "paranormal" happened.

It's great you are applying your training in real life. It sucks, but if you let it the crap you encounter in the world can accelerate your progress by bringing your weaknesses to the surface where you can deal with it. So your meditation and worldly activities build on each other.

Regards,

Tyler

I can't comment on whether or not it was a meta - physical reaction.

More likely it was as follows: (A physical reaction). Just like bullies NEED to elicit a physical response, if you don't give them attention then 90% of bullies leave you alone. They get bored.

If someone makes fun of you, and you shrug, or smile, or don't respond, then oftentimes they too get bored when they have no one to argue with. There is nothing you are bouncing back towards them to interact with. Most of us love arguments more than we think.

I must tell you that yes it is ok to feel bad, but it would be better for your practice to create a stability in you that doesn't allow you to be jarred shaken or stirred. I read this once, " Even when grand mountains crumble at your feet, and flashing blades clash in front of your eyes you alone remain unmoved, like the center of the compass the world revolves around you, yet you alone remain still." I do not like it when people push others around, I especially do not like it when those who are pushed are good people, great people, like yourself. Rather than feeling that emotion and tasting it so fully, and wanting them to feel that bad as you did, why not feel that they are simply beneath you, and not even worth your time. Not even worth you feeling anything over. Why even acknowledge their existence ? You are better than that, the Way will take care of their payment, the pain and evils one causes become like a noose around their neck, there is no need for you to take part in that, or you yourself will fall into the cycle of retribution. Next time, something like that happens perhaps, you can smile and laugh at them as if they are but fools who know nothing, would you be wrong in thinking so ? Smile not only on the outside, but on the contrary you must learn to smile on the inside, generating positive energy you will glow, there are many who care what will become of you on this path, even if they have never met you before. You should remember that.

Edited by SmallFrameGrandUltimateFist

...why not feel that they are simply beneath you, and not even worth your time. Not even worth you feeling anything over. Why even acknowledge their existence ? You are better than that, the Way will take care of their payment, the pain and evils one causes become like a noose around their neck, there is no need for you to take part in that, or you yourself will fall into the cycle of retribution. Next time, something like that happens perhaps, you can smile and laugh at them as if they are but fools who know nothing, would you be wrong in thinking so ? Smile not only on the outside, but on the contrary you must learn to smile on the inside, generating positive energy you will glow, there are many who care what will become of you on this path, even if they have never met you before. You should remember that.

I must counsel against this kind of attitude. It is better to cultivate compassion and see others as being in the same boat as you (and everyone), just perhaps at a different state of development. You are not responsible for their development, so you can just ignore them and be content in yourself, but please try to purge yourself of any priggish "I am better than you because I am spiritual" attitude. If you ever happen to have the humbling experience of meeting someone who is incredibly holy but shows you compassion this will become clear, though it will still be difficult.

Could this be a coincidence, or an example of something more powerful, such as that energy in me being transferred onto them?

Not all questions have to be answered. Why can't coincidences be powerful? Why can't the apparent cause-effect relationships be coincidental? I don't see anything that can prevent or limit anything. All expressions are possible within the field of awareness.

I know when you feel good, girls especially can feel it too, but when you feel bad, can the same effects be felt?

If you enjoy using reason and logic, then you have to admit that if people can feel you feeling good they can feel you feeling bad as well, yes, OF COURSE. That's because good is a kind of bad and bad is a type of good. Why? Because these evaluations/impressions lie along a continuum. Bad is not something fundamentally different from good. Bad is not something altogether alien to good, or discrete from it. Both bad and good belong to the same continuum of feeling. If you can feel any point on the continuum you have the ability to feel all points along the continuum -- that's how continuums work, that's how they are defined.

Does anyone else have similar stories, or an explanation for what may have happened?

Thank you.

I have a similar story. One time I was going around contemplating/meditating when I met a girl. She was interested in what I was doing. I said I was "doing" Dao. I wasn't being very serious, since I know you can't "do" Dao, so basically I was giving her some nonsense to see how she takes it. She got all excited and started telling me how she knows so much about Dao, etc. But very soon we got into a disagreement. I listened to her for a bit and realized she didn't know what the hell she was talking about. So I mentioned to her that not only did she not know anything about Dao, but she was pigheaded as well. Haha! Oh my... she just blew up into a storm after that. She started berating me, and she was getting all out of control. But what I did was, I just sat down next to her into a half-lotus posture, relaxed, and enjoyed the show. I felt a lot of feelings going around up and down my spine and my whole being. She was stirring something very powerful with her rage. So I set there and let it go. I noticed how she started to bounce back away from me. Like she couldn't be too close or something. Or if she got too loud, she had to bounce back a little right after that. So I let her go on, and soon she petered out...

After she was done, I told her that I wasn't even being serious about "doing" Dao, since I did no such thing in reality, etc... She said something like, "Good for you" in a kind of respectful tone, a little surprised. And then she left.

I had a good day after that (this was in the first half of the day).

Edited by goldisheavy

Sign in to follow this