Photo

Dr. Morris's Secret Smile & Breathing basic KAP 1 (Giri for the Tao Bumbs : ) )

• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#129 SonOfTheGods

SonOfTheGods

lonemanpai.com

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:08 AM

Bump :-)

Good for getting all bodily cells to vibrate in harmony.

I find internally laughing continously is enough to keep that vibe going :-)

laughing massages the LDT :)

#130 OldWolf

OldWolf

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 4371 posts
  • Interests:Practice

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

Bump. :)

Muhaahaahaaa!!!!

Edited by OldChi, 23 November 2014 - 05:29 AM.

• thelerner said thanks for this

#131 IllusionaryFox

IllusionaryFox

Dao Bum

• Junior Bum
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Enlightened martial arts, kundalini, developing chi, Buddhism, meditation, science, DIY projects.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

I was reading through this thread and noticed that this information is not included so I'm going to add it here for a bit of an extra boost to the secret smile. There are a few safety points Morris spoke of that can be useful when the energy becomes too intense or trapped in the head. 

1) The wellspring of life points on the bottom of the feet are used as a ground and can be used to shed excess energy. This point is also very useful for dealing with the 'fuzzy head feeling'  

2) The back of the knee can be used to hold energy. 

3) The meng mein, the point on the back opposite the Dan tien is used to send energy down, and is useful for preventing energy headaches or discomfort, use this point in conjunction with the wellspring of life to release excess energy. 

4) The Dantian two finger widths below the navel is used to store energy and after each meditation the energy should be brought back there, and rotated first clockwise then counter clockwise for men, and the reverse for women. 

***Spinning the energy in the dantian after the meditation is extremely important according to Morris, who suggests that it could be done 81 times because of the Buddhist magic 9x9.***

Initially this meditation can cause feelings of anger, agitation, depression, blockages in the heart and throat chakras, headaches and old problems rising up. This eventually passes, and must be endured, and is referred to as the 'way of endurance' 

I made a similar post to this in a different thread, but have updated and added a bit to it, and feel that it is very relevant information to this thread. 

• Jox said thanks for this

#132 idiot_stimpy

idiot_stimpy

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2187 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:23 AM

Thank you

#133 IllusionaryFox

IllusionaryFox

Dao Bum

• Junior Bum
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Enlightened martial arts, kundalini, developing chi, Buddhism, meditation, science, DIY projects.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:51 PM

wow this tread appears to have become pretty dead, I'm re-reading pathnotes and really loving the story and narrative, feeling connected through Dr morris to his students. Are there any of his past students on here? I'd love to talk shop, being an avid martial artist and experimenting with the esoteric side myself. Plus it would be nice to know if the Doc's self description and some of his stories really hold up to other peoples experience of him.   

#134 MooNiNite

MooNiNite

TT

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2618 posts
  • Interests:programming, web development, php, c#, javascript, html, css

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

why is this such a big deal

I am the light I see in others.

I am the sun so high above.

I am the sky rich with color.

I am the roots of the earth.

#135 rex

rex

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1258 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:27 AM

It teaches one to manage personal energy, to connect with external energy, and then handle that energy when it responds to you.

Edit: P.S. Sorry! Looks like I was answering the wrong question from the wrong person.

Edited by rex, 03 August 2015 - 06:10 AM.

• liminal_luke said thanks for this

#136 IllusionaryFox

IllusionaryFox

Dao Bum

• Junior Bum
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:34 PM

why is this such a big deal

because i'm a curious guy, and always want to know more. plus i don't know anyone in person to connect to about this stuff.  maybe the question is why do you feel the need to question this as being a big deal?

#137 MooNiNite

MooNiNite

TT

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2618 posts
  • Interests:programming, web development, php, c#, javascript, html, css

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

because i'm a curious guy, and always want to know more. plus i don't know anyone in person to connect to about this stuff.  maybe the question is why do you feel the need to question this as being a big deal?

Because im wondering what is unique about this practice

I am the light I see in others.

I am the sun so high above.

I am the sky rich with color.

I am the roots of the earth.

#138 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9770 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

I sometimes think of meditation as a reset switch.  Meditate for awhile and you end up relaxed, mind clear.  With the Secret Smile you end up mind, body and energy systems moving beyond 'reset' into positive mode.. feeling good; literally feeling relaxed, confident, laughingly happy, loving and with a bit of sexual energy.   As the doc said energy moves best through a happy body.  Working with internal energy can have pitfalls of falling into depression or paranoia.  This counter acts that.

I've gotten out of the habit but at my best I was doing it when ever I was in the washroom and doing it often, even an abbreviated version led to feeling positive and stronger. 

Edited by thelerner, 02 August 2015 - 03:14 PM.

Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#139 thelerner

thelerner

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9770 posts
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 27 December 2015 - 10:38 AM

bump.

Someone was talking about the Inner Smile practice and thought this is a powerful similar kind of practice. 

Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#140 thelerner

thelerner

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9770 posts
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 21 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

Here is a discovery.  On youtube you can find some video's that have some of the audio's from Glenn Morris's Meditation Mastery course.  Not every audio is there, and the quality is about the same as the cassettes tapes that I had in the early 90's (late 80's?). 

Many of his most important ideas and meditations are there.   His system which evolved into KAP, is an interesting blend.  His attempt to create the Jeet Kun Do of enlightenment systems, combining the best elements of Chi Gung, chakra theory and esoteric martial arts; taking the best from many systems and leaving out cultural baggage.    He took a scientific approach using himself and students to experiment on.  Never liked the title of his book, but the stories and methods are fascinating in 'Pathnotes of a Ninja Grandmaster'. 

Here is the link: https://www.youtube..../HoshinRoshiRyu

Many of his teachings are in the form of guided meditations.  I highly recommend DaMos Cave exercise as well as the Secret Smile.  If those click you can start walking through the elemental doors that he has laid out. 

Here is the Secret Smile in his words: https://www.youtube....h?v=P1pi0_ViC4k

If any one objects to this link, let me know and I'll get rid of it.   Hoshin Roshi Ryu I believe was the organization that Dr. Morris founded and on the site it says: Dedicated to the memory of Dr. Glenn Morris and the preservation of his art and system.  Thus I think its legit and very worthwhile.

never mind.  the link is kaput.

Edited by thelerner, 22 October 2016 - 07:56 AM.
youtube site gone

• Dainin and Jox said thanks for this

#141 thelerner

thelerner

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9770 posts
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:57 AM

bump.  Just saw the youtube link I posted above is no longer functioning.  Still there are probably a few good youtubes on KAP and Doctor Morris's techniques, especially the Secret Smile. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users