sean

What are you listening to?

Audioslave, NIN, Velvet Revolver, Weezer.

I need to go to Barnes and buy some new cd's this week.

"Eye of the awakening" import by Savatage

This is kind of a 'best of' album that was put together by some Swedish lover of their music and I must say...it's powerful stuff -musically speaking- here, of course.

"Somewhere in eternity" B side album by VAST (Visual Audio Sensory Theatre)

VAST has this sound that kind of echoes Trans Siberian Orchestra or Stabbing Westward or Beta Band styles they like to sweep you from diggin' the groove to crooning and then the very next moment you find yourself doing air guitar type moves with --get this-- drums!!! How does that happen?

I'm really stuck on some deep rockin music right now that takes me between different moods on the same track...there's some kind of hippy-crack to it that I'm going to give up trying to describe now.... :P I just keep it playing as I get my day job (or do I mean night?) responsibilities done. And the day goes by nicely, I may add.

Who wants to listen on some of these?? Or just a fun-endeavored sample??

PM TwoTrees and I'll ship something out that perhaps may grow on you if you listen in once or twice :blink: hey! that's kinda neat...

<_< well... :unsure: ok...

I think I may listen to it yet once more... :lol:

if ya want to get a listen, all I'm sayin is that I'd lend a tune.

(as it do ya, please; be it mp3 or music CD)

-Michelle

• Like 1

The wife says my taste in music really, really sucks. You be the judge :D.

At the moment, I can't put down Finally Woken by Jem

Bach's "Goldberg Variations", played by Glenn Gould. This is on the cusp of Early Heaven - ordered brilliance on so many levels at once.

Mulatu Astatqe's "Ethiopiques 4: ethiopian jazz et musique instrumentale 1969-1974". Way cool music that makes me feel like I'm in a opium filled bar in Africa circa 1970. The theme music from Jim Jarmusch's latest movie "Broken Flowers" with Bill Murray.

Chris

• Like 2

Michael Hedges. Unfortunately, he died in a car crash in '97 and I'm just now immersing myself in his music.

I had heard him peripherally since the '80's but didn't pick up on him because I didn't realize he was playing only ONE guitar instead of a few :-). I didn't get the full Michael Hedges experience until I also saw him in action. Rent the DVD "Windham Hill in Concert" which was made in '86, and skip everything else but Michael's set.

Will Ackerman said that seeing Michael for the first time "tore his head off" as he (Will) watched the guitar being reinvented.

Just the kind of experience we're all looking for, eh? :lol:

-Karen

• Like 3

One of a very few, really good, edgy Japanese rock bands to make it out of the underground there, yet still criminally neglected outside of Japan, the talented and ecclectic Yura Yura Teikoku.

BTW - Not sure what's up with this bold red thing, I'm just going with it though. :lol:

Steve Kimock

Finally put out a studio album. Guitar player. Constantly touring, practicing/playing 12+ hours a day since 14 (he is 50 now). Influenced by jazz, rock, traditional Indian music.

Enjoy.

I heard somebody say

That the war ended today

But everyone knows it's goin' still

Our motherlands and motherseas

Here's what we believe

It's simple

We don't want to kill

--- Devendra Banhart

xFJGLsDuT6o

Anyone got any recs for radio/podcasts on meditation, cultivation, living in awareness, being calm in the midst of other people's bullshit, etc.?

I like:

The Buddhist Geeks

Dharma podcast

The Advaita Show

Sean

• Thanks 1