Sign in to follow this  
thaddeus

Intro from thaddeus

Hello,

I was first introduced to internal martial arts 30 years ago at age 11 when I learned aikijutsu and voraciously read koichi tohei and kenichi sawai. From there my life took to studying all different flavors of martial arts, however my main interest has always been ki, chi, prana.

I've studied yoga, qigong, bodywork, you name it. If it's weird and something most people don't want to talk about, I was probably into it. I have stacks of books that belong only in a new age and martial arts bookstore. I am an executive by profession and a warrior/shaman/healer/ at heart.

I tend to be a bit skeptical of claims so you can always count on me to question, check for evidence, or ask common sense questions. I feel there are way too many deluded people (and that could include myself) so I hope people don't take offense to some of lines of questioning. There are few ways to really challenge someone who claims to have achieved something in this stuff we are interested in so it's often hard to sift through the BS.

I feel if i'm on the right track, I should be feeling real effects. At 41, people mistake me for 28 and in alot of ways, I'm more fit, flexible and energetic than I was at 25. So I may be doing some things right. Anyway, glad to be here and share any info I come across.

Thaddeus

Nice to get to know more about you thaddeus. I can relate to your skepticism, I am also very skeptical and tend to pull things apart from many angles, and view it from within different perceptual positions, including a scientific one. In fact in many ways I feel the scientific framework itself is a sound position, just behind, especially in it's Western manifestation.

There are few ways to really challenge someone who claims to have achieved something in this stuff we are interested in so it's often hard to sift through the BS.

I strongly agree with this statement. So no offense from my corner of the room if you feel prompted to more aggressively question and hold the various work discussed here to a higher order of rigor (as long as respect is maintained of course.)

At 41, people mistake me for 28 and in alot of ways, I'm more fit, flexible and energetic than I was at 25.  So I may be doing some things right.

Ahhh... another babyface. :D

Great to have you here,

Sean.

Sign in to follow this