Fiz

Magus of Java Teachings Revealed

No, you can sit and surf.......

<snip rant>

To take that to it's logical conclusion none of us really should be wasting our time here on computers.

We should be out there practicing

Yet we are here

trying to help

usually

good to know, i have a vow i'm doing right now but if all is good (money is tight in our area as i'm sure you know) i will try to attend a class; i have been trying to get hired for some time now with no avail. hope all is good in your neck of the woods.

take care

Hi my brother may you find work soon : ). I am well just got back from UK. Adjusting and getting back into the swing of things in America.

See you soon.

God Bless

Santi

Humility. It is the key that will open many doors, but it can't be faked.

Indeed.

Absolutely brother it can not be faked.

The real power does not come from any man but from the ALMIGHTY (TAO, AUM, MAHASHIVA-SHAKTI, ALLAH). We are just granted slight access as surrender more and help others.

Santi

Anyone can get it straight from God. Another way to put it is this -- make your own mind your teacher. But this IS NOT EASY. Making your own mind the teacher is as hard as following a Guru. Harder. Guru says words you understand but to hear your own mind you have to do two things. One is you have to actively probe it via questions and experimental intentions, and you also have to listen without being overly active. The problem is that "listening" is not a passive mode. Listening is creative in the sense that your beliefs still condition your mind/being and still manifest, so you are not listening to what's "out there", but you are listening to your own belief. It's not objective. Change your belief and listen again and a different "thing" is "out there".

You can die from this only if you push yourself too hard. If you enter into an experience that contradicts your mindset too severely, that's when you can die. When you understand this danger and how it works, it's relatively safe to explore on your own. In fact, it's the best way.

Simple -- he didn't know it couldn't be parted. He intended to part it the same way you intend to scratch your head. How do you scratch your head? It's not a step by step process. You don't have to activate your chi to scratch your head. You just do it. The same with the red sea. What prevents it are the contradicting beliefs. That's the "doubting Thomas" effect.

Anyway, Jesus was a bit of an idiot. He was in interesting guy, but he did much damage to humanity with the manner he communicated himself. He could have explained things much better and he could have made it explicit not to start any religions in his name, but he failed on both counts.

There are many spiritual giants in the world who can start new religions, even right now. I hope they don't. If they do, I will oppose them, and I am also not too shabby myself. :) I always prevail, of that there is no doubt. So I ask people to share and to stop spreading fear and ignorance. What we need are good spiritual friends and not the secret clubs.

Jesus didn't start a religion he came to show light & Compassion. It was man that "started" churches etc and it was man who distorted his teachings. If you read the Quran it sets the record straight about Jesus. Also check out he dead sea scrolls. Gospel of thomas is clear as day as to what Jesus felt one should do. The King James Bible is the worst interpretation of Jesus since it was written 70 years after the fact and it is not accurate and has been changed MANY Time. Quran never has been altered. Neither have the dead sea scrolls.

The parable's Jesus taught with contained Kabbalistic symbolism just like the book of revelations..... if you have the eyes to see and the ears to hear. :lol:

Absolutely brother amen to that : )

mjjbecker quit making it like youre the only mopai student to grace this green earth. you and your teacher are jokes.

You my friend have zero adat Hormat or Adab I would seriously doubt Jon Chang would appreciate you commenting to Mike & Kostas this way. If you knew anything about indonesian culture this is not the way to be.

I could let the cat out of the bag here but I wont due to respect for my elders and teachers from Java.

If you look closely all that Mike is doing is warning people cause things can be dangerous if not done right. That is all. There is clear evidence that some paths are just a dead end.

Peace

Santiago

Edited by Vajrasattva

great thoughts, simply great

No, you can sit and surf You Tube all day instead, looking at Egyptian strong men and Russian's with lazers. Or maybe buy some DVD's from a Shaolin 'monk' who is selling some generic qigong method. There are always some articles that can be read in lieu of doing something useful.

Where is the self learning and examination in this? You are surfing away trying to grab as much info as is easily available. Hardly the same as Ramanujan are you? You are attempting to cobble something together from whatever you can grab. You aren't bringing anything new to the table, but holding onto the shirt tails of others.

Your 'teacher to hold their hand' comment is laughable given your approach to working out neigong, (i.e. chasing after those who have bothered to go and find teachers). Given that you are going to hide away in a cabin for five years-to practice what Jim taught you it should be said-because you don't think any teacher would accept you as you are, you might spare those of us who have gotten off our asses and travelled thousands of miles, who actually possess some humility and the ability to 'empty our cups' your snide remarks. Some of us realise we know very little and that the combined wisdom of many generations far eclipses our own. Go look up hubris on Wiki.

Just because you taught yourself Linux hardly puts you in the same company as Socrates. While you were wiring your house did you consult with books and manuals to find the correct materials? I would expect so, otherwise your house would have went up in flames fairly quickly. Following the instructions in a manual is hardly being an autodidact.

Best of luck to you. Since you are a self declared autodidact you won't be needing to ask me any more questions then will you? Or go off in search of a teacher when you finally come out of your cabin, as you have stated you intend to do.

Self examination starts with honesty. You have a long, long way to go.

Perhaps we are. I assume you are referring to Kostas, since you wouldn't know the name of my current teacher.

Unlike yourself however neither Kostas nor myself are liars or living in a fantasy world. That we leave to you.

Seen your reflection again Mr Smith?

mrsmith73_1_b.jpg

What do You mean.......Both the books were nothing but lies. Thats why people such as Yourself must now settle for a second grade System. You let it go to Your heads & paid the ultimate price.

:D

No, you can sit and surf You Tube all day instead, looking at Egyptian strong men and Russian's with lazers. Or maybe buy some DVD's from a Shaolin 'monk' who is selling some generic qigong method. There are always some articles that can be read in lieu of doing something useful.

I surf way too much your absolutely right and I have to break that addiction. I do meditate three hours every night, and I do work full time, I run a side business selling laptops and repairing computers, and I do lift weights every other day. So I don't have nearly as much time as I used to, for loafing on the internet.

I didn't post the Russian video, and I apologized for posting the Egyptian strong man video. I haven't purchased the dvd's from the shaolin "monk" either. Right now my studies my knowledge base is limited to spring forest qigong levels 1-4, the tao of meditations neigong system, and what I've learned from other people who have teachers.

Where is the self learning and examination in this? You are surfing away trying to grab as much info as is easily available. Hardly the same as Ramanujan are you? You are attempting to cobble something together from whatever you can grab. You aren't bringing anything new to the table, but holding onto the shirt tails of others.

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants." -Isaac Newton

I am trying to piece together a map of reality in this area. Eventually I will have to go it alone, traveling off that map and into uncharted territory as we all must eventually. I don't take anything I have learned as "the best" or "only" method, only as a finger pointing at the moon.

Your 'teacher to hold their hand' comment is laughable given your approach to working out neigong, (i.e. chasing after those who have bothered to go and find teachers). Given that you are going to hide away in a cabin for five years-to practice what Jim taught you it should be said-because you don't think any teacher would accept you as you are, you might spare those of us who have gotten off our asses and travelled thousands of miles, who actually possess some humility and the ability to 'empty our cups' your snide remarks. Some of us realise we know very little and that the combined wisdom of many generations far eclipses our own. Go look up hubris on Wiki.

I have no problem searching for a teacher, when the conditions are right to do so. Traveling to china to in search of a master realistically requires you to be fluent in Chinese. I think giving myself 5 years during my training period to learn Chinese via pimsleur/rosetta stone is more than enough time realistically to become fluent. Not only that but traveling to china requires money, and lots of it. Even after I come out of my retreat, I will have to work for a considerable time to be able to travel to china for just a few months on a fishing expedition for a teacher on john changs level. I don't really feel like randomly wandering around china in search of a master for months on end. I prefer to wait and see if any more masters crop up over the next 5 years, like wang li ping. I am sure as more people in china get connected online and technology improves more knowledge will be made available to us "laymen".

Just because you taught yourself Linux hardly puts you in the same company as Socrates. While you were wiring your house did you consult with books and manuals to find the correct materials? I would expect so, otherwise your house would have went up in flames fairly quickly. Following the instructions in a manual is hardly being an autodidact.

I didn't say that it did. Of course while teaching myself I used materials and books and cd's and video's made by teachers, but I didn't learn from them in person. I would rather learn a book or video than I would a person given the choice.

Best of luck to you. Since you are a self declared autodidact you won't be needing to ask me any more questions then will you? Or go off in search of a teacher when you finally come out of your cabin, as you have stated you intend to do.

I'm not perfect no one is. I've got my share of flaws, you do also, so does everyone else. I am following the path which seems most logical and intuitive at the moment. I don't have the time or money to run off to china right now, thats going have to be something I do later in life when I have more money saved.

I don't understand why your so hard on everyone, I realize you don't believe esoteric knowledge can or should be shared via books or text, and that a qualified teacher should be the only method of obtaining it. I don't feel that way, and a lot of others here feel the same way. I guess its just a symptom of the google generation.

Edited by mwight

I guess its just a symptom of the google generation.

Yeah, there is a new Gong Fu appearing that someone mentioned before here on taobums: Google Gong Fu. We should not take people with Google Skill for granted :mellow:

Guest mjjjbecker

Look,I know i have been a complete ass about many things & i apologize. I wasnt going to bring this to the forum. but i think its every members right to know my story let me tell you how Neikung saved me from a cruel and dirty world. My uncle raped me for more then ten years. I feared pregnancy, not knowing that men do not become pregnant. My parents wanted me dead. I slept outside, my meals were thrown at me, I became an alcoholic, a drug addict and a gay hooker. I left Curacoa and moved to China. Three years ago I couldn't take it anymore I fell down to my knees and cried out to GOD, " HELP ME, I can not live like this anymore. I don't want to be a gayman. Help me with all my addiction problems." AND HE DID. It was not easy. I can love a woman . HE MADE ME A MAN. God took all the evil away from me in one day.

Regards,

• Like 1

Not everyone needs or wants a teacher to hold their hand. I believe a lot things can be learned on your own, if your a serious student.

My sister taught herself to be fluent in Japanese, and German, and art.

I taught myself to build computers, to run linux, basic electronics and soldering, to change my own oil, to wire my own house, do my own plumbing, I taught myself algebra, trig, and most of calculus in college, chemistry and physics too. I eventually plan on teaching myself to speak and read/write Chinese.

I think more than anything teachers serve as coaches to help people stay focused on learning. Most absolutely require that structure,

in order to learn, but others called autodidacts learn better on their own.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-taught#Notable_autodidacts

I would actually be more impressed if you taught yourself some modesty ......

Yes, I have to agree with the above comments about this guy. Listen buddy, get off your high horse and come down to the earth, take some time to get out of Ego-Land before you get trapped there.

I'm sorry Mike. I wouldnt of course laugh at real life pain.

The troll was so absurd, that I laughed. It was ridiculous. And it was also a never before seen on this board level of surreal lunacy.

It has no bearing on you whatsoever.

It took me some time top find the third j in mjjjbecker.

The topic of child abuse if one of the most horrible and tragic ones. If someone knows something with 100% certainty they have to act. Unfortunately many people look the other way.

On the other hand there needs to be proof, otherwise it can turn into something similar like the sexual harassment cases where men working for large companies don't dare to enter a lift with only one woman in there or sharing a taxi for fear of getting sued.

The latest book by Irvine Welsh (Trainspotting) is about the story of organized child abuse. Quite a good read.

Re- autodidact or learning from a teacher- since when has there only been one correct answer?

In my opinion for most people it's best to learn from an experienced teacher- that is also the simplest way, as long as you can find a teacher. However, after all we've got everything within us and can also learn on our own. I think Eric Clapton taught himself playing guitar. And there are many other examples.

So, I find it preposterous to claim that there's only one way which happens to be the way I chose.

It took me some time top find the third j in mjjjbecker.

The topic of child abuse if one of the most horrible and tragic ones. If someone knows something with 100% certainty they have to act. Unfortunately many people look the other way.

On the other hand there needs to be proof, otherwise it can turn into something similar like the sexual harassment cases where men working for large companies don't dare to enter a lift with only one woman in there or sharing a taxi for fear of getting sued.

The latest book by Irvine Welsh (Trainspotting) is about the story of organized child abuse. Quite a good read.

Re- autodidact or learning from a teacher- since when has there only been one correct answer?

In my opinion for most people it's best to learn from an experienced teacher- that is also the simplest way, as long as you can find a teacher. However, after all we've got everything within us and can also learn on our own. I think Eric Clapton taught himself playing guitar. And there are many other examples.

So, I find it preposterous to claim that there's only one way which happens to be the way I chose.

I have taught myself many things but i still had to occasionally look and see what others are doing & also seek out those that actually have a clear picture.

I know what its like to dig for years and get a glimpse and then meet a teacher that in five minutes basicaly shows you everything you did in 20 years.

I do not regret or condone self discovery, but truth is someone has probably already done it. So do both. Learn from your self and also from those that have true connection to the true inner Self.

Peace

Santiago

In all this you still don't appreciate what I was saying. Your comment, 'Some of us don't need teachers to lead us by the hand', was offensive and ignorant and demeaned the efforts of generations of people who worked to develop, refine and preserve this knowledge for others.

Mike, I hope you don't take offense. Let me try to explain. You put so much effort and so much of your life into what you do, so when you hear from someone something to the effect of "what you did was not necessary to do", your first gut reaction is to become offended. Of course. You've invested so much of your heart into this thing and someone seems to say "this thing is crap". That's offensive, right? But don't be in a hurry to be offended!

Here's why not to be offended. Spiritual development is not something mundane, and so it doesn't follow a mundane pattern. The pattern of expert-worship, of externalizing authenticity and authority is something mundane. It's hard to make a straight jump from a thoroughly mundane being to a thorough celestial being. So there are shades in between. Mundanity is not just "mundane" and that's that. It comes in shades. In other words, there is a mundane-supra-mundane continuum and there are all kinds of shades along that continuum.

You have to recognize at some point, but maybe not now, that at SOME point along that continuum both the authority and authenticity are reabsorbed, re-internalized back into your fundamental being. So you shouldn't criticize those who want to stand on their own two feet, because without that step there is no spiritual development just like there is no spiritual development without seeking a master. Do you see what I mean? Both steps are needed, and not always in the same life. You have no idea what kind of lives that guy had in the past. Maybe he already held 100000 lineages and this life is his first life where he stands on his own two feet. Maybe not, but you don't know, and simply out of respect of you not knowing, you should reserve judgment and refrain from being offended.

People who stand on their own two feet can be of two kinds. They are either very powerful individuals who are very wise and who know exactly what they are doing. Or they are just naive and hopelessly deluded idiots. However, you don't know. So because you don't know, and you cannot know this since you yourself have a teacher, that means you externalize your authority and authenticity, so you are not fit to judge certain classes of behaviors and statements. In particular you cannot properly judge independent behavior yet since you've never experienced full independence. So for all you know this guy could be an idiot, but he also could be a sage. Hard to say. Sages don't have a particular look or aura or whatever. They don't always come with beautiful skin and full head of hair. They can be bald or they might have no eyesight. They don't have a particular shape (unlike what Hindus believe, lol).

So what you are doing is valid, but you feel your validity is threatened so you take offense. Of course you feel that way because you don't have your validation processes fully internalized yet, so even though you don't respect Matt the same as you do your teacher, still, he's an external factor, and external is where your authenticity is, so yea, it's a threat. But you should try to understand the dynamics of this process and get some perspective. Reserve judgment and realize you don't have to be offended. If the guy is a fool he'll destroy himself and you should feel compassion for him. And if he's a sage, he will benefit himself and many others, and you should be delighted. Either way there is no cause for offense.

Ultimate intent is always flawless, so what you are doing is flawless. You have a teacher now? That's flawless FOR YOU. It's not the end all be all of all flawlessness because flawlessness comes in infinite variety. :)

Edited by goldisheavy

Mjjbecker,

I am honestly sorry if I have offended you, but you need to grow some thicker skin if I did. You talk a lot of trash to everyone else here on the forum and make them feel inferior, and yet one comment not directed at you personally can offend you? :blink:

I will reply more in depth to your last post later when I have more time. Right now though I wanted to ask you some questions.(Even though I doubt will be graced with answers)

Does your master (whomever he or she is), have any demonstrable abilities like John Chang?

It seems you have been doing this teacher student transmission thing for a while now, how is that working out for you, have you yourself developed any demonstrable abilities like John Chang?

If the answer is honestly no, then how do you figure you are any more advanced than anyone else here?

Edited by mwight