Stigweard

FR~EE Ebook ... "Neiye, Inner Cultivation"

When I opened the pdf file, I got code, not letters.

edit: OK, it worked on the PC at my office. The mac at home (firefox) wasn't liking it.

Thanks Stig!!

Edited by Eric23

Updated the ebook to give more credit to Shazi Daoren as was due. ;)

This is a brilliant text ... direct and practical. Love to hear some discussion on it.

Yup :rolleyes:

This one speaks to me as well:

zhang 5

The Way has no fixed position;

in the cultivated Heart, it gracefully abides.

When the heart is calm and Energy aligned,

the Way can thereby repose.

The Way is not distant from us,

when people attain it they are fruitful

The Way does not leave,

when people are in tune with it, they understand.

Thus it is present! As if you need but ask for it.

Remote! As if dissipated and is nowhere to be found.

The Way's sensation:

How can you be in tune with its sound?

Cultivate your Heart and you will resonate in tune.

The Way thereby can be attained

Edited by Stigweard
  • Like 2

It's an evocative poem. However, if I respond to it, I will just criticize it up and down and the length of that would be enough to fill a book. A better approach would be to ask people, "When you read a text like that, what problem are you looking to solve? What is missing in your life?" Then I would prefer to respond to the answer to that question rather than to the poem directly. The reason for that is that everyone will read this poem differently based on what they believe and what they intend to achieve. I would focus on analyzing and reflecting on those intentions far more than on the poem itself. The poem will take on totally different meanings based on what intentions and beliefs the person reading it has. That's why I don't think it's a good idea to respond to the poem as if there was just one poem. There are as many of this poem as there are people reading it.

For me, this poem doesn't work, because my insight operates on a higher level than what the poem talks about. So the poem is simply irrelevant to me, at best, but at worst, it is just plain wrong or even harmful. At the same time, when I first got this poem in the book form, I really enjoyed it and benefited from reading it.

I much prefer to deal with the live heart than to deal with dead concepts. If I interact with the person, I am dealing with a live heart. If I respond to a poem, I am dealing with dead concepts. When I read the poem, the live heart is there, but if I respond to it, none of you will hear it. So if I respond to the poem in a way you can hear, it's definitely going to be a response to a dead concept.

"When you read a text like that, what problem are you looking to solve? What is missing in your life?"

Not looking to solve any problem, nothing is missing.

Reading looking for similarities to my path, tip and suggestions like

"Eat, but do not exceed your appetite,

think, but do not over analyze"

"The Way does not leave,

when people are in tune with it, they understand.

Thus it is present! As if you need but ask for it."

For me, this poem doesn't work, because my insight operates on a higher level than what the poem talks about.

Oh dear, not another one !! :P