Hi guys and gals,

Im looking for any books or www adresses that has any information on ZSF and his teachings, Also any forms of his that could be legit?

Is there ant books on his teachings?

WYG

Good question. I came across a group said to teach the original 13 forms taught by ZSF. They were based in China and of course I dont have a link or name but they are out there. I don't know how legit they are though.

Hi guys and gals,

Im looking for any books or www adresses that has any information on ZSF and his teachings, Also any forms of his that could be legit?

WYG

I don't know about books on the subject. Who are all the Taiji Classics by? If they're by Zhang San Feng then YAY :) But I do know that the Taijiquan practiced at Wudang Mountain is considered his original form. Go to youtube and search for "Wudang Shan Feng Taiji 13 movements." I think that's what you're looking for.

Peace.

Mythical origins of the art aside, most taoist forms of taijiquan claim origin from Zhang San Feng. Search wudangbing on youtube. In the spirit of Taoist taijiquan.

Edited by Spectrum

Hi guys and gals,

WYG

Funny WYG, I went to my first Tai Chi class ever today and I got home and was researching ZSF. Here is some stuff I found:

http://www.egreenway.com/taichichuan/chang1.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tai_chi_chuan

Also, Thomas Cleary's books include stuff on / by ZSF. Primordial Qigong or Tai Chi for Enlightenment available from Michael Winn is a favorite practice for me and others and was supposedly created by ZSF.

Let us know if you find anything interesting...

Best,

Matt

"Mythical origins of the art aside, most taoist forms of taijiquan claim origin from Zhang San Feng."

Not the actual origin of taiji, the Chen family.

You saying that the Chen family takes the credit for Taiji then ZSF?

Who has the most authentic Taiji chuan closest to ZSF OR the same?

WYG

I'm saying the ZSF myth is spurious. All taiji originates from Chen style.

I'm saying the ZSF myth is spurious. All taiji originates from Chen style.

and where chen style originates from?

A combination of local hongquan-like styles combined with daoist neigong. There's talk of xingyi's original manuals being an influence.

Wasnt Pao Quan or cannon fist a shaolin system or form that the chens used as well the openings of the taiji form uses shaolin movements?

Thats what i read anyhow!!

This is what I believe. Look at paochui and look at hongquan or lanshou. Very similar.

WYG,

Zhang Sangfeng teachings are usually oral at Wudang. There are a lot of schools there that are said to teach original 13 postures and internal type arts. However, unless you are really in that sect you're not going to get the real oral traditional teachings that have been past down for 15 generations.

Once again I refer to my lineage uncle Zhong Yun Long and master Tseng Yun Xiang. They are the only surviving lineage holders of the Zhang Sanfeng Branch at Wudang that are able to transmit this knowledge. However, there are a few hermits in the mountains at Wudang who have this knowledge as well but it would be very hard for them to teach you.

You can try to learn forms from youtube as the others have discussed but you won't learn the essence of the teachings. My suggestion would be to sign up for Master Chen's seminar this summer in Atlanta as he is coming back from Wudang for that brief time to teach an intensive on these teachings. Then you can ask him in person to see if any of his students can carry on teaching you.

Good luck and Tao Bless,

Wudangspirit

Hi guys and gals,

WYG