Sign in to follow this  
mwight

If so after the initial shock and novelty wears off, how does it effect you?

ime, there's a whole load of experiences that are novel, shocking, and that it's generally not productive to tell others about. The general strategies I've seen out there (in myself and others) are:

1) Do your best to stay calm, breathe, and take care of your body (exercise etc) and build a life that supports you. Most of these sorts of things simply smooth in over time (even though they're ... quite disorienting in the beginning). If you just can't shake a habit of panicking, I'd suggest that the fast path is not for you.

2) Develop a radar for meeting and befriending people like yourself. Tell-tale signs are a spacious psychic space, and an occasional understanding look in the eyes like, "I've also been through shit even I can't believe".

dilbert20080101047736.jpg

I've had deja vu experiences my entire life. For one occasion when I was about 14 years old on the 4th of July, I was able to know what everyone was going to say and do for about 1 hour of time. It felt amazing. I was sitting there just watching everything happen and playin around with my cousins betting them that this next event would happen and they would be in shock. I haven't had anything quite like that since then, but I've been able to re-live up to 5 minutes at a time at some points. A large amount of deja vu that I have comes from dreams. I will have a dream and it will end up happening sometime down the line.

Ben

ime, there's a whole load of experiences that are novel, shocking, and that it's generally not productive to tell others about. The general strategies I've seen out there (in myself and others) are:

1) Do your best to stay calm, breathe, and take care of your body (exercise etc) and build a life that supports you. Most of these sorts of things simply smooth in over time (even though they're ... quite disorienting in the beginning). If you just can't shake a habit of panicking, I'd suggest that the fast path is not for you.

2) Develop a radar for meeting and befriending people like yourself. Tell-tale signs are a spacious psychic space, and an occasional understanding look in the eyes like, "I've also been through shit even I can't believe".

This no longer seems to effect me. I just live in a perpetual DeJa Vu. I hope I don't come off as annoying as the crazy guy in your Dilbert comic.

Edited by mwight

What surprises me each time is when a fairly ordinary scene is unfolding and I suddenly realise I dreamed it years previously, and at the time sat up in bed and wondered at such an everday reality playing out in my dreams, which wasnt my current everyday reality.

time slippage, in dreams.

It is rather interesting to me that you ask that question. I am somewhat new to all this, but last week it happened to me about 4 times. I had not really thought about the reason why. I think people at work are starting to wonder about me. Thanks for the thought.

Closer to the core,

Could I have been here before?

Self unites with self.

Perfect answer. ;)

The more you practice QiGong etc, things get a little odd. Dejavou being one of them. Perhaps not that everything is predetermined but that everything is interconnected. So think if you were for those moments connected to everything you would have dejavou because you would know what people are thinking and will say.

This is why we practice QiGong and Meditation in martial arts. If I can sense what my opponent will do before he acts, I will act first. That and having no blockages keeps me fluid in movement and mind.

The enlightened perceive the novelty in each moment, the rest of us perceive the similarities. I would guess that your persistent deja vu is your ego's attempt to retain control. Just accept it and I'll bet it goes away.

Dependent arising.

It happens all the time to us who are awakened and working towards the final goal.

n62gye.gif

I have times during intense spiritual training periods where I'll have a dream, forget it, then the event will happen exactly as in the dream and it'll all flood back that it's been experienced before, it's never big stuff though, it's usually people saying things they normally wouldn't do and then the I REMEMBER YOU SAYING THAT moment, or meeting someone in a certain place who I haven't seen for 3 years the events play out word for word, it's highly amusing. Quite frankly, it's always good events, I'm pleased I'm not seeing murders or anything. :lol:

Sign in to follow this