C T

Movie - Laozi Went Out of Hangu Pass

Hi CT,

Thanks for the link to the movie.

The only thing that could have made it better,maybe a longer version and popcorn.

How good was that?

Have a good one.

• Like 1

I thought that movie link was posted somewhere in the forum. What's your opinion on what's said regarding the DDJ or Daoism?

I thought that movie link was posted somewhere in the forum. What's your opinion on what's said regarding the DDJ or Daoism?

Yes, a link to it was already posted  but that's okay.

I did in the other thread state that I think the movie stayed pretty close to my understanding of the TTC.

It was great philosophical movie. Can anybody please recommend any other Chinese  tao/confuciuan/Buddhist movies? 

I've already watched this, Jianzhen, Kukai, Confucius, master of zen, Avalokitesvara. 

Edited by Xuan19

43 minutes ago, Xuan19 said:

It was great philosophical movie. Can anybody please recommend any other Chinese  tao/confuciuan/Buddhist movies? 

I've already watched this, Jianzhen, Kukai, Confucius, master of zen, Avalokitesvara. 

Zen is a good movie. It is Japanese tho... but about a japanese monk who went to China to study Zen sooo :D 

1 hour ago, Miroku said:

Zen is a good movie. It is Japanese tho... but about a japanese monk who went to China to study Zen sooo :D 

I've already watched Zen too, besides watching movies of  Nichiren, Shinran, Honen, Rennyo, 

other Japanese Buddhist venerable grand masters. I was wondering if anyone knows any other Chinese movies? Not any wuxia, shenmo or any fantasy but biographical movies of Chinese,  tao, philosophers, Buddhist grandmasters? 

Edited by Xuan19

13 hours ago, Xuan19 said:

This is a great film about Buddhist hermits in the Zhongnan mountain range. Whatever it lacks in production value it makes up for in every other way. I think it helps greatly that the filmmaker/cameraman/narrator really doesn't speak out of turn. He lets the people he meets do most of the talking while keeping the conversation going with his line of questioning. 

I genuinely enjoyed this film. 

Also, maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but I think you should watch the movie Hero. Beautifully shot , and if you are interested in martials arts/wuxia, the choreography is also really beautiful. I have been a big Jet Li fan for as long as I can remember so maybe I am biased, hehe. I enjoyed it recently, and thought it was much better this time, years after seeing it for the first time.

It has a lot more substance than I remembered, and is not at all cheesy.

Certain parts give you plenty to think about, especially about the nature of sacrifice.