Aletheia

Question about stages in Neidan

Is what I wrote about closing a meditation okay? Brain, silent thunder, anyone?

rub hands together

rub face in circular motion up past the nose and round the outside of the face

comb head with fingers from front to back

cup hands and tap head from front to back

massage ears from top to bottom

caps hands and tap arms. first inside then outside

tap chest from top to bottom

then underarm area

interlink fingers and massage stomach in clockwise direction

move head from left to right in circular motion 6 times

move head from right to left in circular motion 6 times

then some bending back stuff!

swing from side to side with elbows sticking out

then stand up and down on your toes

WHAT ABOUT HOW TO GET READY FOR A MEDITATION ARE THERE ANY VIDEOS OR ARTICLES ETC?

Did a teacher give you that closing routine?

Did a teacher give you that closing routine?

I got it from a SFQ, it's at the end of the moving yin and yang video. Apart from he rubbed his back too at one point and I didn't put that in the list.

I got it from a SFQ, it's at the end of the moving yin and yang video. Apart from he rubbed his back too at one point and I didn't put that in the list.

Are you doing it just as shown in that video? (Including the back-rubbing part you didn't list?)

Personally, I'd ask an SFQ teacher...

Are you doing it just as shown in that video? (Including the back-rubbing part you didn't list?)

Personally, I'd ask an SFQ teacher...

I sometimes tap my head and tap my arms other than that no I'm not doing it as shown and I honestly still have big problems with horse stance too because it's the only time I don't feel qi. I can feel it when I seated, when I'm walking, running, with other people etc. But not in horse stance. I just feel energy in the palms of my hands during moving yin and yang. Other than that my mind is wrong, my breathing is wrong etc. So I don't think I'm even doing moving yin yang right anyway.

When I do seated stuff I just feel the qi and start breathing wherever it is. My back is never straight and my head is bowed at roughly 50 degrees or more too. And then I open my eyes and take some deep breaths. I know that's wrong because when I open my eyes it's like waking up from a deep sleep even if I've only been doing it for 30/60 seconds. Sometimes my eyes don't even open properly right away and one of them might stay completely shut for a while!

I opened my eyes the other day while I was breathing and it's like a totally different reality. A waking dream.

Edited by Aletheia

Sounds like you are still rather blocked and not very open.

Maybe you should look into Gift of the Tao or stillness movement.

It clears a lot out of the whole body a lot quicker than other systems.

The eyes thing might not be a problem but the posture thing is (and it could be a cause of the eye sensation).

I've probably got loads of problems I have no clue about. Even when I'm trying to do moving yin and yang my head starts to fall every 5 seconds and I have to keep putting it straight again.

I looked up that guy's books and they're too expensive for me to buy and I watched some of his videos and they look a bit weird to me. Not that I doubt his abilities. I am a bit suspicious of people selling this stuff though tbh. There's that one guy who sells his books for $200! AT THAT PRICE I HAD TO CHECK MY CALENDAR AND CHECK IT WASN'T CHRISTMAS ALREAY ONLY $200 WOW PUT ME DOWN FOR 3 COPIES!!!

I've probably got loads of problems I have no clue about. Even when I'm trying to do moving yin and yang my head starts to fall every 5 seconds and I have to keep putting it straight again.

I looked up that guy's books and they're too expensive for me to buy and I watched some of his videos and they look a bit weird to me. Not that I doubt his abilities. I am a bit suspicious of people selling this stuff though tbh. There's that one guy who sells his books for $200! AT THAT PRICE I HAD TO CHECK MY CALENDAR AND CHECK IT WASN'T CHRISTMAS ALREAY ONLY $200 WOW PUT ME DOWN FOR 3 COPIES!!!

$50 for the GOT I DVD, which would keep you busy for a long time if you stuck to it.

E-book of "Light Warrior's Guide" is only $10 (but you don't need it now...)

My teacher has similarly emphasized the essential nature of opening and closing -- that the student doesn't have time for (or sincere interest in) the system if the student doesn't have time for the opening and closing.

The way we close in Temple style is to meditate with the palms beaming into the LDT.
  • Like 3

$50 for the GOT I DVD, which would keep you busy for a long time if you stuck to it.

E-book of "Light Warrior's Guide" is only $10 (but you don't need it now...)

I made Drew's "idiot guide" into an ebook the other day and that was free! So I'll see how I go with that first.

The way we close in Temple style is to meditate with the palms beaming into the LDT.

Standing in stillness is an element of the Stillness-Movement system and it begins with hands crossed over LDT. The qigong sets have specific closing movements but is wonderful to follow a qigong set with standing meditation (with laogongs naturally aligned over LDT).
  • Like 1

I just did my first LDT meditation and did all that tapping stuff at the end too. I only did it for 30 minutes but I'd say it was really the first proper meditation I've done and I managed to focus the entire time somewhere between the 3rd eye and the LDT.

So, I was thinking after I was saying I was totally confused yesterday that it was likely a good sign and it means I'm moving forward. Generally when I'm confused about something philosophical I just don't think about it and always the answer comes to you.

So now I think I can start meditating for 1 hour and most likely 2 hours straight in the next few weeks.

I looked up DMT and Sleep Paralysis because of what I was saying about my eyes not opening. Maybe there's better articles about but I didn't check -

http://humansarefree.com/2015/04/astral-projection-101-dmt-sleep.html

• Like 1

printfriendly.com

I saw Drew asking about converting his "idiot's guide" into a PDF and I think if you go to that site above and input the blog url -- https://voidisyinyang.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-idiots-guide-to-taoist-alchemy.html -- it will give you a PDF link you can download.

Is there a music mediation thread here? Because I think I need to find the right music to listen to while I do my meditations now I think.

Now that I'm focusing on the LDT I can definitely feel it. Previously it was more like a nebulous misty heat without a centre and too close to the skin so I probably lost 95% of all my qi the past couple of months because I wasn't storing it. Also my back is much straighter now and even my head is too.

I just did another 30 minutes and I also used the grounding mat both today and yesterday.

Edited by Aletheia

Morning Alethia... I won't say whether or not your closing will work, it may and it may not.  I just worry a bit as if it doesn't work, it may leave you with excess energy in places that can be very problematic down the line...

I'm not qualified to dispense anything on that... my advice would be to keep the practices simple for now and put the intention out there that you want to meet a teacher who can help you lay a really good foundation and then be open for when that inevitably manifests.  One of the main purposes of the self massage/closing are to help avoid energy being stuck and building up after practice.

I can definitely recommend a couple pieces of music that I find potent and beneficial.

Wonderland: Gaia Dreaming by Jami Deva is like swimming in liquid light... it's music tuned to the Solfeggio Harmonics and is a $10 online download... almost exactly an hour long, I've used it for years and I play it daily. http://devaproject.com/release/ All of Deva's music is Solfeggio tuned.  With my sensitivities to sound these days, this stuff is borderline orgasmic.

and Nada Himalaya by the German band Deuter is another that I use regularly.  Tibetan Singing Bowls with instrumental background, again about an hour uninterrupted.  A really broad spectrum of vibration and resonance activator that I deeply appreciate.  Transcendent.

Good journeys mate!

• Like 2

Thanks silent thunder. Personally I don't believe I'm getting energy stuck anywhere inappropriate. That's just what I think.

I know some people think I could be heading for a psychotic breakdown though. But honestly generally I wouldn't say anything to people making such claims but when your specifically looking for help and people are posting unhelpful remarks sometimes I can't help myself.

Anyway, was it geodao posting quotes of mine and trying to build up some story against what I'm saying or whatever he's trying to do?

When I healed my friend's leg she said it had changed colour after I pulled energy out right at the beginning of the healing and when I looked at it I could see a blotchy white line running down the side of her leg where she was pointing while the rest of the leg was purple.

After I healed her leg it was normal skin tone and red. So I said to her 2 or 3 times "LOOK AT YOUR LEG!" but she had her eyes shut at the time and was completely uninterested. Well, I'm pretty sure I actually saw her leg transforming before my eyes too.

Anyway, now when I meditate I connect the 3rd eye with the LDT so they become one and then put my awareness elsewhere and get deeper into it. Yesterday I did a meditation with the Pink Moon and afterwards I didn't even bother to try and open my eyes while I was doing the tapping. I don't really know why my eyes stay shut, no doubt it's a sure sign I've fallen into the horrifying grip of complete madness! lol

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

The sound of Nature's alchemy -

The wind and the rain accompanied by the atmospheric sound of rolling thunder which indicates the union of heaven and earth.