#49 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts
  • Interests:Menippean Satire, True Stories

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

You should conclude that your ego is interfering with you comprehension, conclude that you are not open too much to receive help, conclude that the student is not ready.

Actually what I conclude makes me wonder why you're wasting your time at a hermitage.

Anyway, I've had it with this forum.

I'll delete my password and only come back when I have either advanced or fallen flat on my face. Or thinking about it I might not bother coming back. If I advance I won't want to come back here and if I fall on my face I have no problem admitting to it but I don't see how coming back here is going to help with that tbh.

#50 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 8844 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

Brian please read this post from earlier in this thread. You thanked opendao obviously agreeing with his take on my deviating somewhere a long the way -

http://www.thedaobum...eidan/?p=747252

Great, so what exactly is the problem I wondering? And of course I'm grateful for you advice from other threads. But in this thread not so much tbh.

Ah. Yes, you asked me a question buried in a reply to opendao and I missed it. Sorry!

I think you should stop trying to think your way through this and should instead find a real teacher of some high-level energetic practice who you can meet in-real-life. I think you will find this problematic, frankly, because your cup is full; until you recognize that you don't have the proper puzzle-pieces, you will continue to be defensive towards, and argue with, anyone who gives you advice which doesn't align with your current understanding. I think you should take a break from any energetic practices and from intellectual pursuits for a good long while (many months) and just "be." I think you should stop taking hallucinogenics. I think your current trajectory puts you at risk for a psychotic break. I think you had a legitimate experience but a premature one, and I think that you should either sincerely follow one of the respected pathways in that direction or avoid those avenues entirely. I think the phenomena you describe experiencing are indicative of playing with fire and I think you have already been burned even if you don't recognize it -- avoiding both energetic and intellectual engagements should quickly stop & reverse that, as would a legitimate practice.

That's what I think.
  • liminal_luke, dwai, Starjumper and 1 other said thanks
"Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow."

#51 dwai

dwai

Tryambak Baba ka chela

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 3353 posts
  • Interests:0

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:03 AM

Ah. Yes, you asked me a question buried in a reply to opendao and I missed it. Sorry!

I think you should stop trying to think your way through this and should instead find a real teacher of some high-level energetic practice who you can meet in-real-life. I think you will find this problematic, frankly, because your cup is full; until you recognize that you don't have the proper puzzle-pieces, you will continue to be defensive towards, and argue with, anyone who gives you advice which doesn't align with your current understanding. I think you should take a break from any energetic practices and from intellectual pursuits for a good long while (many months) and just "be." I think you should stop taking hallucinogenics. I think your current trajectory puts you at risk for a psychotic break. I think you had a legitimate experience but a premature one, and I think that you should either sincerely follow one of the respected pathways in that direction or avoid those avenues entirely. I think the phenomena you describe experiencing are indicative of playing with fire and I think you have already been burned even if you don't recognize it -- avoiding both energetic and intellectual engagements should quickly stop & reverse that, as would a legitimate practice.

That's what I think.

FWIW, I found Drew had become incomprehensible and he comes across as "unstable". I do hope it is not the case, as he had a lot potential approx. as far as 4-5 years back.

I also didn't know it was his blog at that time, but it seems he dedicated an entire post on me, first making up some straw man concepts he ascribed to me, and then proceeded to "demolish" :)

https://voidisyinyan...nderstands.html

Edited by dwai, 06 April 2017 - 08:03 AM.

--
A sinking spiral, rising upward, it opens and closes by turns...

#52 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:30 AM

That's what I think.

From memory I think Drew said the deviancy is the right conclusion. I'm not upset with him because he took the time to write a whole blog post about it with a load of great information too. I get upset when people say something and then can't back it up.

It was very nice of opendao to write something and I appreciate his doing that. But what he wrote wasn't really relevant to the topic at hand although I have no problem with that really. He was being genuine and honest and those are good qualities.

You're saying I'm taking hallucinogenics and heading toward a psychotic breakdown. What you're saying is so fantastical and in the realm of fairy tales I'm not even going to respond to such bizarre claims.

Yes, I did manage to project qi and my friend did experience it first hand. Maybe it's a one-off and maybe if I don't get my act together it will never happen again. Maybe there's a slight chance I can achieve very high levels in that area. All seem a very real possibility at this time. 

#53 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:31 AM

FWIW, I found Drew had become incomprehensible and he comes across as "unstable". I do hope it is not the case, as he had a lot potential approx. as far as 4-5 years back.

I also didn't know it was his blog at that time, but it seems he dedicated an entire post on me, first making up some straw man concepts he ascribed to me, and then proceeded to "demolish" :)

https://voidisyinyan...nderstands.html

LOL

#54 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:42 AM

Seriously Drew is super high level. I think most people can't see past his orgasms from a distance, whatever they might think about it. But there's so much more people are completely missing and I think he's getting most of his stuff from qigong and then applying it right across the board with his music theory in to lots other areas. That's what gives him the edge over other academics.

I don't want people to think I'm just a mindless follower of Drew because I'm not. I think the essence or core of what he's saying is totally correct plus he's a good guy and very funny too!

Edited by Aletheia, 06 April 2017 - 08:46 AM.

#55 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 8844 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

From memory I think Drew said the deviancy is the right conclusion. I'm not upset with him because he took the time to write a whole blog post about it with a load of great information too. I get upset when people say something and then can't back it up.

It was very nice of opendao to write something and I appreciate his doing that. But what he wrote wasn't really relevant to the topic at hand although I have no problem with that really. He was being genuine and honest and those are good qualities.

You're saying I'm taking hallucinogenics and heading toward a psychotic breakdown. What you're saying is so fantastical and in the realm of fairy tales I'm not even going to respond to such bizarre claims.

Yes, I did manage to project qi and my friend did experience it first hand. Maybe it's a one-off and maybe if I don't get my act together it will never happen again. Maybe there's a slight chance I can achieve very high levels in that area. All seem a very real possibility at this time.

Ummm...

You specifically asked what I thought...

You are also the one who brought up your drug use, and the one who specified "mushrooms."

You also happen to be the one who has opened numerous (rather anxious) threads here asking for advice and then showing considerable agitation when the responses don't necessarily validate your current beliefs. Your apparent distress is as much a warning sign as the energetic phenomena you describe.
  • gendao and Starjumper said thanks for this
"Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow."

#56 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

Ummm...

You specifically asked what I thought...

You are also the one who brought up your drug use, and the one who specified "mushrooms."

You also happen to be the one who has opened numerous (rather anxious) threads here asking for advice and then showing considerable agitation when the responses don't necessarily validate your current beliefs. Your apparent distress is as much a warning sign as the energetic phenomena you describe.

Nope I'm not anxious and my "agitation" is directed at perverts wanting to suck me off!

• Brian said thanks for this

#57 dwai

dwai

Tryambak Baba ka chela

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 3353 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:57 AM

Seriously Drew is super high level. I think most people can't see past his orgasms from a distance, whatever they might think about it. But there's so much more people are completely missing and I think he's getting most of his stuff from qigong and then applying it right across the board with his music theory in to lots other areas. That's what gives him the edge over other academics.

I don't want people to think I'm just a mindless follower of Drew because I'm not. I think the essence or core of what he's saying is totally correct plus he's a good guy and very funny too!

I think he's a good guy too. Just a bit unstable at present. I'd recommend don't blindly follow him. It's better to get lessons from a bona fide teacher -- try the Stillness Movement that Ya Mu teaches here, or Spring Forest Qigong, etc. Depending on where you live, it helps to have a real teacher :)

• Brian said thanks for this
--

#58 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 10:08 AM

I think he's a good guy too. Just a bit unstable at present. I'd recommend don't blindly follow him. It's better to get lessons from a bona fide teacher -- try the Stillness Movement that Ya Mu teaches here, or Spring Forest Qigong, etc. Depending on where you live, it helps to have a real teacher :)

I'm going to start doing moving yin and yang in the morning and at night, plus add in the small universe even though I'm not totally sure about that right now. But most people seem agreed it's necessary to advance. But, I'm going to carry on just breathing wherever the heat goes and start going longer with that mediation seeing as that's got me where I am right now.

And I'm going to do more wim hoff and wide horse stance too.

Healing doesn't interest me any more at all. If I ever get high level I'll just do long meditation routines in the countryside and not talk about it to anyone,

• dwai said thanks for this

#59 Starjumper

Starjumper

Black Dragon

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1676 posts
  • Interests:Nei Kung, permaculture farming

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

I'm way past thinking with the ego that's why I can "project qi"

That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in weeks, and I read political posts too.  Tell me Egoless one, how come I can project chi and I have an ego?

In any case I want you to know that it is an honor to be insulted by someone of your stature!

Anyway if you're so affected by reading comments on a forum that it makes you want to vomit you're wasting your time at that hermitage of yours. Most likely you have an ejaculation problem too. So my advice to you is CUT IT OUT AND START GETTING SERIOUS and get off the internet as well if you don't understand its inner workings which you obviously do not.

Honestly you just let the cat out of the bag that you're still playing about with your base emotions my friend.

My dear, it's not anything you said that needed the vomit emoticon, it's whenever anyone mentions MCO or small universe, etc, anywhere on the forum, then it should be immediately followed by a vomit emoticon.   

I did the MCO on the day I activated the LDT and all the only places I didn't feel anything were the top of the head and the 3rd eye. I wrote about that in the first thread I stated.

Well then you did it incorrectly didn't you.  You did something stupid incorrectly, and you projected some energy while you were stoned on hallucinogens, which is nothing special, and in your egolessnes you wanted her to have had an orgasm from your energy?

Doin' the MCO is like jerking off, only as far as health and spiritual growth are concerned jerking off is probably better for you than the MCO.  So here's the story as it stands now:    There's this kindergarten level kid, sitting on the floor in a school hallway, hasn't even started classes yet, his back against the wall, jerking off, while other students and teachers walk by, going to classes.  The kid blurts out to the passersby:  "Tell me what it's like to be a wizard!"  

• gendao, dwai, Brian and 1 other said thanks

#60 dwai

dwai

Tryambak Baba ka chela

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 3353 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

I'm going to start doing moving yin and yang in the morning and at night, plus add in the small universe even though I'm not totally sure about that right now. But most people seem agreed it's necessary to advance. But, I'm going to carry on just breathing wherever the heat goes and start going longer with that mediation seeing as that's got me where I am right now.

And I'm going to do more wim hoff and wide horse stance too.

Healing doesn't interest me any more at all. If I ever get high level I'll just do long meditation routines in the countryside and not talk about it to anyone,

The small universe is always happening, whether you focus on it or not. It's actually not a good idea to move energy through the channels using the mind at all. It's better to learn how to generate a taiji ball (or energy ball if you please) palpably and then use that to indirectly move your energy. This helps you access energies outside as well as within you. 

We call this the "indirect method" of cultivation. Contrary to how the name sounds, "indirect method" is more powerful than "direct method" (wherein , you'd use your mind to move energy through various channels). The effects of indirect method are far safer in the long term and supremely more powerful.

• gendao, Starjumper and MIchael80 said thanks for this
--

#61 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

Oh dear it's Capitan Cortisol Cycle back for round two.

I noticed you're not denying your secret masturbation habit and just to make things clear I'M NOT TAKING HALLUCINOGENS AND HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED THEM FOR YEARS.

Doin' the MCO is like jerking off, only as far as health and spiritual growth are concerned jerking off is probably better for you than the MCO

WOW you certainly walked into that one. Maybe that quote will have to go in my forum sig LOL. And you're claiming qi projection too which surely doesn't add up.

Are you making the claim you personally can project qi to a high level while also ejaculating in your spare time?

My dear, it's not anything you said that needed the vomit emoticon, it's whenever anyone mentions MCO or small universe, etc, anywhere on the forum, then it should be immediately followed by a vomit emoticon.

So now you're insulting Master Lin too? What you're saying makes no sense and honestly makes me wonder about you mental stability. Never mind it's deeply offensive and disrespectful. Please refrain from posting your unhinged fantasies in my threads in future and I really mean that. I might joke around with other people but you're sick in the head for real.

#62 Wu Ming Jen

Wu Ming Jen

Human No Name

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 794 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:15 PM

The sensation of ants crawling around on the top of the head (Heavenly palace) seems to be a common description for that spot.

• Starjumper said thanks for this

#63 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

The small universe is always happening, whether you focus on it or not. It's actually not a good idea to move energy through the channels using the mind at all. It's better to learn how to generate a taiji ball (or energy ball if you please) palpably and then use that to indirectly move your energy. This helps you access energies outside as well as within you. 

We call this the "indirect method" of cultivation. Contrary to how the name sounds, "indirect method" is more powerful than "direct method" (wherein , you'd use your mind to move energy through various channels). The effects of indirect method are far safer in the long term and supremely more powerful.

Well now I need clarification because I've only moved qi a couple of times really. Once when I first activated the LDT and I did the orbit and felt it all around apart from the two points in the head and a second time in bed once with inhale up the back and exhale down the front and I felt it warming up at the LDT each time.

All my meditations have been me breathing wherever the qi goes with no active involvment concerning where it ought to go.

Right now my LDT is warm and if I put my focus there and start breathing correctly it will probably move and I'll feel my 3rd eye too. I'm just not doing anything today because I feel a little off colour from going out and taking drugs (NOT HALLUCINOGENS and don't ask what I took because I'm not telling anyone)

#64 Aletheia

Aletheia

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 218 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

The sensation of ants crawling around on the top of the head (Heavenly palace) seems to be a common description for that spot.

I can feel the crown of my head when I breath and focus on the qi so that it feels like the air is coming through the top of my head and it felt watery when I put qi there the first time. It kind of feels like there's a hole there and in the 3rd eye and if I put my finger in either of those spots it will go right through like the skull isn't there.

• Wu Ming Jen said thanks for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users