Limahong

Hello fellow seekers

I got the green light to join The Dao Bums. Look forward to be bummy (aka chummy) with you all.

I am into semen retention and would like to embark on the Buddhist, Taoist, Hindu, ... traditional paths - whatever they are. I hope to learn from fellow Bummies.

Where am I now with respect to these traditional paths 'seminally'? I am still very much a newbie but have presently aligned myself thus - (i) Buddhism - impermanence, transience, ... (ii) Taoism - chi, yin/yang, duality ... (iii) Hinduism - prana, chakras, kundalini ... and (iv) ...

When it comes to (iv), I like to find out what they are (or can be) at The Dao Bums.

Seminal cheers!

Edited by Limahong
Enhancement of sentence.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Hello Limahong, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Limahong,

Lots of folks here talk about internal alchemy.  And we have Daoists, Buddhists, and Hindus so lots of people for you to talk with.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Apology, no offence intended; but pun intended.

Seminal cheers! = Pivotal/ground-breaking cheers!

I like to play with words. It can make the edging process more creative.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I got the green light to join The Dao Bums. Look forward to be bummy (aka chummy) with you all.

I am into semen retention and would like to embark on the Buddhist, Taoist, Hindu, ... traditional paths - whatever they are. I hope to learn from fellow Bummies.

Where am I now with respect to these traditional paths 'seminally'? I am still very much a newbie but have presently aligned myself thus - (a) Buddhism - impermanence, transience, ... ( B) Taoism - chi, yin/yang, duality ... © Hinduism - prana, chakras, kundalini ... and (d) ...

When it comes to (d), I like to find out what they are (or can be) at The Dao Bums.

Seminal cheers!

Hi Limahong!

I like your descriptions of Buddhism, Taoism, and Hinduism.

I would add.....Buddhism - acceptance, letting go......Taoism - simplicity.

Those are three of the best teachings in those traditions imo.

Have fun interacting here!

edit: Of course, for Buddhism - mindfulness. That's one of the main teachings.

Edited by roger
  • Like 3

Hi Roger,

Thank you.

Please advise what is meant by 'imo'.

- LimA

I don't see Roger around.

"imo" stands for "in my opinion".  Roger is careful about stating something as a fact.  Better our opinion.

• Like 1

Hi Marblehead,

Thank you for answering on Roger's behalf.

It's a pity. I had sent an earlier response (of some length) to Roger but it disappeared when I clicked 'post'.

In the next instance an offline message appeared.

Can recover the message?

- LimA

• Like 2

Hi Marblehead,

Thank you for answering on Roger's behalf.

It's a pity. I had sent an earlier response (of some length) to Roger but it disappeared when I clicked 'post'.

In the next instance an offline message appeared.

Can recover the message?

- LimA

Yes, most of the time all or at least part of a malfunctioned post can be recovered.  There is a "save" function working in the background while typing into a text area.  I have been saved by it a number of times.

Give it a test so you know what the capabilities are when you get the chance.

The notices will be at the bottom left of the text screens.

Hi Marblehead,

You are a wise teacher.

Instead of giving me fish, I have to fish for myself.

Will test myself.

• Like 2

Hi Marblehead,

You "reserve the right to be wrong" - OK with me so long as I am not affected.

I "preserve my right that you do not wrong me or have me wronged" - OK with you?

You "reserve the right to change my mind" - no problem with me if you are mindful that I am blissfully ignorant of any of your change(s).

I "preserve my right to remain cool as other people's changes are none of my bloody business" - you want to change mindlessly?

You can stick to your "reservations", while I hang on to my self "preservation"; otherwise your "peace and contentment" will see me in "pieces and contempt".

I am not being confrontational but dualistically friendly as a fellow Taoist bummy.

Jeers to your "reservations" and cheers to my "preservation".

- LimA

• Like 1

Yeah, my signature block is a CYA thing.  People have told me I have been wrong about something and I simply state that I am allowed to be wrong.  I have also changed my mind and that's allowed too.

And sure, you may preserve your preservables.  (I might have just created a new word.)

I'm pretty sure I will never wrong you although I may disagree with you on occasion.

I do enjoy being brain teased.  It keeps the brain juices flowing.

Great. Just poking fun ahead of some serious stuff to come when I move beyond welcome.

Also want to ensure that I become a better person for having joined TDB - thus self-preservation without any reservation. (preservation = passing-reservation).

I preserve myself dynamically, yin/yang-style as learning is ever on-going. As I move on, I may leave behind some preservables (as in pickled vegetables). You can have them. I only go for fresh stuff.

Don't get me wrong. It is perfectly OK not to be right so long as there is transparency, ownership and no hurting. We are only human.

As for changing the mind - it is as perfect as it is not. Reasons - (1) Taoism - yin/yang dynamism, (2) Buddhism - impermanence and (3) Hinduism - ? (can anyone help?)

All said training the mind is important as I am my mind. Nobody can take it from me as it is mine alone.

- LimA

(CYA = ? Your interests - short skirts and bikinis. Who wears them?)

• Like 1

(CYA = ? Your interests - short skirts and bikinis. Who wears them?)

Not me.  I will guaran-damn-tee you that.

Great. Just poking fun ahead of some serious stuff to come when I move beyond welcome.

Also want to ensure that I become a better person for having joined TDB - thus self-preservation without any reservation. (preservation = passing-reservation).

I preserve myself dynamically, yin/yang-style as learning is ever on-going. As I move on, I may leave behind some preservables (as in pickled vegetables). You can have them. I only go for fresh stuff.

Don't get me wrong. It is perfectly OK not to be right so long as there is transparency, ownership and no hurting. We are only human.

As for changing the mind - it is as perfect as it is not. Reasons - (1) Taoism - yin/yang dynamism, (2) Buddhism - impermanence and (3) Hinduism - ? (can anyone help?)

All said training the mind is important as I am my mind. Nobody can take it from me as it is mine alone.

- LimA

Yeah, I know.  You are establishing yourself.  Not to always be taken serious.  I'm that way too but I never tell folks when I'm being serious or when I'm just messing around.  I leave it to them to figure it out if they care to do so.

Yes, the processes of Dao (Tzujan) are in constant flux.  Therefore all under the influence of Tzujan must also be in constant flux.  Right becomes wrong; ugly becomes beautiful (and even beautiful becomes ugly).  (Perspectives.)

And I agree with you, our mind is our most important asset.

How do you disable autosave ? I dont think its right to read autosaved posts which werent actually posted. 

How do you disable autosave ? I dont think its right to read autosaved posts which werent actually posted. 

I doubt it can be disabled.  Best way to prevent autosave is to never open a text box.

No, the Best way to prevent auto-save , is to have it be disable-able and disable it , since there's no reason why that couldn't be the case, and probably most often serves to intrude on the development of private thoughts.

One expects that hitting the post button, or not , is indicative of a persons decision to post the post. That's why it says post on it. 

So that one could still participate and yet develop the text without having several copies of text they did not wish to commit to ,saved, as if it was. Or they could write a book in a single post box with security that it wouldn't just go away half way through , if that was their style. 

What other purpose would it serve to save unfinished text ?

Edited by Stosh

On a continuum of 'religion => philosophy' (or 'faith => reason') where/how do we place Buddhism. Hinduism and Taoism?

Is it correct to have these ordered placements:

(1) In ascending order of religious inclinations - Taoism, Buddhism and Hinduism?

(2) In ascending order of philosophical inclinations - Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism?

On a continuum of 'religion => philosophy' (or 'faith => reason') where/how do we place Buddhism. Hinduism and Taoism?

Is it correct to have these ordered placements:

(1) In ascending order of religious inclinations - Taoism, Buddhism and Hinduism?

(2) In ascending order of philosophical inclinations - Hinduism, Buddhism and Taoism?

Personally I would consider those labels to be way to broad ,to the extent that I wouldn't even consider any answer to be correct , since any belief system has a lot of variation , existing only in the folks who ascribe to them. Does this not make sense? 

Yes it makes sense to me. To each his own. That's why life is so varied and beautiful.

Yeah , I can see it that way. I have seen people make these generalizations , but thats all they are.

I knew a guy in college, he was lutheran, and quite satisfied with what his faith brought to him.I always respected that, but it brings up a difficult consideration.,,whether its right to promote or dicuss even, beliefs which are contradictory to those of others.. I decided it cant be said to be wrong, but that doesnt always sit any more comfortable than saying nothing.

Edited by Stosh

What other purpose would it serve to save unfinished text ?

If you lost your internet connection, had a power outage, left the text box without hitting the "post" button, and on and on.

If you never make a mistake you will never see the auto-save.

• Like 1

Well, personally, I do pay attention to other belief systems but I always filter out the religious aspects and remain only with the philosophy.  I do this with Christianity as well.