Nothing

First time hello post

Hello

The main reason I've joined is because I'm interested in semen retention and taoist sexual practices.

I've already read some stuff and that this topic is contreversial discussed here.

Most members apparently don't do it and think it's a bad idea,

while some few member practice it and can feel the benefits or do it for some specific reason.

Besides this I practice the microcosmic orbit on a regular basis, some yoga and weithlifting.

My other interests are spirituality in general and control of ego

but also how sprituality transfers in practice of life and how to pursue goals and simultaneously help and raise others.

One topic atm I think a alot is: How to think in a positive way of others - to wish the best of others - because what goes around comes aound and is this selfish?

Regards

Nothing

• Like 2

Hello Nothing, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Nothing,

Well, I might see you in one of our ego threads.  And maybe how we apply our philosophy (spirituality) in our every-day life.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

Thanks

@Marblehead

What is for you the connection between daoism and anarchism?

Edited by Nothing
  • Like 1

Hello welcome :)

A few thoughts on your question

How to think in a positive way to others - what goes around comes around - i have noticed some people who think like this actually are thinking selfish. Like a friend who does a favor for you seemingly out of pure kindness but then hits you up a few months later for a favor in return because you owe him.. alot of businesses use this tactic, they hand out free products or samples and alot of people feel more persuaded into buying- they feel like they owe them at least something seeing how generous and kind they are? so yes sometimes its selfish. On the other hand there are quite a few people iv had the pleasure of knowing who will do something out of pure compassion and never say they are owed something later.. this is doing something without expecting anything in return and is considered a high virtue.

Where im from we are socialized since birth to "never do anything for free" so its definately a habit sometimes hard to overcome. Not only that if you really are doing something for nothing you become a target and people take advantage and use you so you have to be careful. Personally i do things out of the kindness of my heart because it makes me feel happy knowing iv made someone else happy and thats all the payment i need. but i have been taken advantage of numerous times.

So its all in your intent i think

• Like 1

Thanks

@Marblehead

What is for you the connection between daoism and anarchism?

There is no overt connection implied in the TTC although it does present support for making such a connection.

However, if we read the Chuang Tzu we will see many connections between anarchism and Taoism. 

And really, if the history of the two men is accurate then we know that Lao Tzu worked for the government whereas Chuang Tzu refused to do so.

Welcome to the bums. :)

You might ask to be part of the Men's Haven, Fuxi, here.

Unfortunately the topic to request part of the Men's Haven is currently locked.

Hello welcome :)

A few thoughts on your question

How to think in a positive way to others - what goes around comes around - i have noticed some people who think like this actually are thinking selfish. Like a friend who does a favor for you seemingly out of pure kindness but then hits you up a few months later for a favor in return because you owe him.. alot of businesses use this tactic, they hand out free products or samples and alot of people feel more persuaded into buying- they feel like they owe them at least something seeing how generous and kind they are? so yes sometimes its selfish. On the other hand there are quite a few people iv had the pleasure of knowing who will do something out of pure compassion and never say they are owed something later.. this is doing something without expecting anything in return and is considered a high virtue.

Where im from we are socialized since birth to "never do anything for free" so its definately a habit sometimes hard to overcome. Not only that if you really are doing something for nothing you become a target and people take advantage and use you so you have to be careful. Personally i do things out of the kindness of my heart because it makes me feel happy knowing iv made someone else happy and thats all the payment i need. but i have been taken advantage of numerous times.

So its all in your intent i think

it's not really doing something for someone else - more thinking in a positive way of others - wishing others the best. like I would think of a brother. But the point with intent is here appropriate too. And it's maybe something I can learn or practice if its at the moment not real every time.

And yes I think because I had been exploited in the past now I'm careful. But it's also that at the beginning of my spiritual journey I thought the ego is something I must destroy - but it's not always bad, now I think more I must just control it and look to both sides of the coin.

There is no overt connection implied in the TTC although it does present support for making such a connection.

However, if we read the Chuang Tzu we will see many connections between anarchism and Taoism. 

And really, if the history of the two men is accurate then we know that Lao Tzu worked for the government whereas Chuang Tzu refused to do so.

Don't know much about Chuang Tzu, just remember Lao Tzus quote "ruling a nation is like roasting small fish, it has to be done cautious".

• Like 1

Unfortunately the topic to request part of the Men's Haven is currently locked.

I have given you access to the Men's Haven and Fuxi.

• Like 1