s1va

Do (all) enlightened masters agree on any one single thing?

...would you care to elaborate on what exactly one of these pieces is?    I am thinking literally here... not figuratively.  

For instance... a proton is not a neutron.  A proton is not the entire universe, neither is a neutron.  An atom is made of both...  

... why does it seem like everyone on this website seeks to mostly postulate their weird abstract ideas...?  Taosim is not abstract and weird from what I understand about it.   Its actually the most practical philosophy of life that I know. 

I am puzzled.  Just on previous post, you mentioned the importance of the individuals own experience vs. what is learned or a philosophy or system.

Right next post, you say everyone's idea on this website seems 'weird and abstract'....  and compare it with Taoism.  

Ideas are just ideas.  Every one expresses what they know. They say it the way they see it.  what's wrong with this?  Should others ideas comply to your understanding of Taoism?

All these ideas add to the discussion.  I wouldn't label something weird and abstract so quickly.  When you qualify it with 'everyone' on this site, that also seems over generalization.

...would you care to elaborate on what exactly one of these pieces is?    I am thinking literally here... not figuratively.  

For instance... a proton is not a neutron.  A proton is not the entire universe, neither is a neutron.  An atom is made of both...  

... why does it seem like everyone on this website seeks to mostly postulate their weird abstract ideas...?  Taosim is not abstract and weird from what I understand about it.   Its actually the most practical philosophy of life that I know. 

I'm all in favor of your practical non-abstract familiarity with the ideas. You don't need to be concerned about the rest unless you enjoy taking it there. Protons and neutrons and universes ! , we cant really see these things and so this is pulling you away from that very sound attitude.

"Reality is weirder than fiction" they say , so when one looks at these big ideas that are really outside the realm of our individual view , it looks bizarre. But if you are going to look , then be ready to consider some odd things, some of which are not universally accepted. I think consciousness is a principle which the universe supports , and its expressed when matter is structured appropriately -in familiar terms , we call these things- babies. :)  And it can truly be demonstrated that we are not individual things apart from the universe. We are not independent , nor do we even remain constant or unchanged for any length of time. 

A simple analogy that I like is a vortex in the water, but whether this changes my attitudes and behaviors about daily living  or not , who knows?

• Like 1