Aletheia

Looking for Advise on a Daily Practise

and what is qi projection in nowadays terms.

what you took, symptoms out? the cause of the sickness could be and most likely is somehwere else than the pain and symptom is...

Hypothesis is:

Qi you have is imaginary, you don't have conscious access to procedures.

Qi, substance is felt in certain periods. Also we tend to be more mental and prone to see "ghosts" and fear more during certain periods and conditions.

If you lose the sense of energy, the energy dissipates or disappear then it starts to build up again if you initiate the process or naturally circle there living your life.

Considering that your energy what you have is from doing things not from knowing internal processes and specifically knowing what you do in order to have a result.

From Mo-Pai book.

We moved over to a table and John began to jot down notes for me. “Look,” he said, “I have already told you that Level One is simply to fill up your dantien with yang ch’i, right? That requires eighty-one hours of absolute meditation. Now, a beginning student cannot hold his concentration for long. Perhaps in one hour of sitting, he is actually in meditation for 1.3 minutes. That means he is meditating only 2.2 percent of the time, which means that if he sits for one hour a day, he needs ten years of training to get his eighty-one hours of meditation.”

“In Level Two we fill up the channels in our body with yang ch’i while at the same time shaping the ch’i in our dantien to our specifications. Then we can push our yang ch’i out of our body—though not through space. When a student becomes proficient at this, he can pass the test that you witnessed this evening.”

“And Level Three?” “Level Three is very difficult to pass. It requires at least three continuous hours of training a day, perhaps more.” “You don’t want to talk about it; okay, fair enough.

Level Four?” “Level Four is the point where we begin to bring yin and yang together. When you finish with Level Four, the two sit in your dantien like this,” he continued, and drew:

yin-yand symbol.

test is:

“They will have to move the packs from a distance of five times their forearm length; this is our tradition.”

forgot to add that you need to have lvl4 master to generate the field. So if you are lower than lvl4 then you can't push chi out.

Edited by allinone

I did 6 HOURS STRAIGHT meditation in my first 6 hours. Really I was asking how to stop meditating so the heat would go away!

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43374-where-is-cultivated-chi-stored-and-how-do-you-get-it-there/

"REALLY HOT" "there's A LOT of energy in the lower mind"

At that time I'd only read the first few pages of "The Alchemy of Sexual Energy" and I think that's where I was getting "lower mind" from. I LITERALLY HAD NO IDEA QI WAS EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HOT BECAUSE I HADN'T READ ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

So when I signed up for the forum I was thinking "WOW QIGONG IS NO JOKE. ALL THESE GUYS ON THE FORUM MUST HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS ON THEIR FIRST DAY TOO SO I'LL JUST ACT CASUAL ABOUT IT AND ONLY ASK WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO STORE THIS STUFF -- TRY NOT TO LET ON THAT I'M A COMPLETE NOOB"

I thought I'd probably made an error somewhere along the line and the heat was going to show me up and you guys had seen it all before.

I have qi in the stomach right now without even having to try and mediate just by breathing normally into my chest. When I fix my focus on the heat I can focus exactly at the very place it's at and intensify the energy because I had practised non-dualism to a pretty high level before I started qigong.

Anyway I totally screwed up because I've never done any standing practise so all the energy is coming in from the top of my head and not much from the ground. So my head is slowly starting to feel some tension. So if I don't do anything about it soon I won't be able to breathe into the heat without getting a headache and I won't have opened the lower channel to ease the pressure so I'll just have to go on long walks or something to clear things out.

I'm going to do some really simple standing exercises just with a really clam mind and not focusing on chi even. Just going to lower the tension through my body while slowly opening up the leg channels.

Does anyone have an opinion about that?

I did 6 HOURS STRAIGHT meditation in my first 6 hours. Really I was asking how to stop meditating so the heat would go away!

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43374-where-is-cultivated-chi-stored-and-how-do-you-get-it-there/

"REALLY HOT" "there's A LOT of energy in the lower mind"

At that time I'd only read the first few pages of "The Alchemy of Sexual Energy" and I think that's where I was getting "lower mind" from. I LITERALLY HAD NO IDEA QI WAS EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE HOT BECAUSE I HADN'T READ ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

So when I signed up for the forum I was thinking "WOW QIGONG IS NO JOKE. ALL THESE GUYS ON THE FORUM MUST HAVE GONE THROUGH THIS ON THEIR FIRST DAY TOO SO I'LL JUST ACT CASUAL ABOUT IT AND ONLY ASK WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO STORE THIS STUFF -- TRY NOT TO LET ON THAT I'M A COMPLETE NOOB"

I thought I'd probably made an error somewhere along the line and the heat was going to show me up and you guys had seen it all before.

I have qi in the stomach right now without even having to try and mediate just by breathing normally into my chest. When I fix my focus on the heat I can focus exactly at the very place it's at and intensify the energy because I had practised non-dualism to a pretty high level before I started qigong.

Wow that's awesome!  How long ago was this and what posture were you in?

And actually, I did have a similar experience during my initiatory awakening too...

So, how have your subsequent meditations gone since then?  Have you been able to regularly replicate or surpass this one experience?

You might not like this advice. But, your condition may improve if you stop checking drew' s blog. You're picking up some of his energy whenever you go back and it's adding to your side effects. If you are able to get space and ride it out, it's probably fine.

Although I should probably be a bit more responsible in my posting. The success rate for people who work from written materials is rather abysmal---If you are concerned about the effects, you should see a teacher in person.

I'm not reading Drew's blog tbh. I think he's great because I already agree with most of the things he says. He's on a similar trajectory to me and he's much more academic than me, so he's really helpful in that regard. I'm not a Drew follower or anything like that,

I just knew instantly qigong would help further my personal development and I have my other internet friend for putting me on that path. He's pretty similar to Drew and he's a GREAT PHILOSOPHER although he doesn't have a big mouth. Generally all great philosophers never say exactly what they mean. Drew has a HUGE mouth, so I think that's great because it's helpful for me, and I have a big mouth too if I'm honest and really I think that's not really a good trait for a philosopher.

Anyway, the problem I have is anytime I think about qi I've got into a thinking pattern which brings it in through the top of my head. I'm thinking about bringing it up from the ground and then when I feel some energy I instantly focus on it and start bringing it in through the top of my head again! So I need to change my thinking patterns concerning qi. I need to really still the mind and not focus on anything at all and think from the ground up without getting caught up with qi.

Edited by Aletheia

Wow that's awesome!  How long ago was this and what posture were you in?

And actually, I did have a similar experience during my initiatory awakening too...

So, how have your subsequent meditations gone since then?  Have you been able to regularly replicate or surpass this one experience?

I was laying flat on my back in bed reading a book about 6 weeks ago. I did some reverse breathing for about 3/4 minutes with 5 days celibate, and I haven't actually started mediating yet. That's what this thread is about.

I accidentally activated my LDT without knowing anything about it AT ALL. 6 weeks later I can now project qi. I feel qi about 80% of my waking hours and only actively focus on it every so often. Like just now I'm trying NOT TO FOCUS ON IT but it's getting hotter and hotter in the LDT because it's on my mind.

Edited by Aletheia

I was laying flat on my back in bed reading a book about 6 weeks ago and I haven't actually started mediating yet. That's what this thread is about.

I accidentally activated my LDT without knowing anything about it AT ALL. 6 weeks later I can now project qi. I feel qi about 80% of my waking hours and only actively focus on it every so often. Like just now I'm trying NOT TO FOCUS ON IT but it's getting hotter and hotter in the LDT because it's on my mind.

So, you are saying you haven't replicated the experience...because you have been actively trying NOT to?

Why?  I'm confused as to why you'd want to stop generating heat in the LDT (a great alchemical sign) and not keep a good thing going largely on its own??

So, you are saying you haven't replicated the experience...because you have been actively trying NOT to?

Why?  I'm confused as to why you'd want to stop generating heat in the LDT (a great alchemical sign) and not keep a good thing going largely on its own??

Because I don't know what I'm doing, I have zero experience and I think I'm drawing all the qi in through the top of my head so I need to not focus on qi while I open the leg channels and then change my thinking patterns to bring it up from the ground. Right now I think all the energy is coming from the top of my head and it's slowly building tension. So I have to not think about qi while I open the leg channels. Which is very difficult for me right now!

You have heard this before so I don't expect my reiteration to make a difference but...

Stop thinking and stop thinking about thinking.

Whether you choose to start with standing post or sitting (full-lotus or in a straight-back chair or whatever) or a movement​ practice -- or a system which incorporates multiple approaches in balance -- thinking about how these things work is perhaps the most sure way of keeping them from working.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

<snip>

I think he's great because I already agree with most of the things he says.

<snip>

Thought this worth highlighting...

if you want a daily practice you could try spring forest qg. I don't know if drew h. is still doing it but he could give you tips and advise and it's definitely a powerful system.

Edited by phil48
  • Like 1

You have heard this before so I don't expect my reiteration to make a difference but...

Stop thinking and stop thinking about thinking.

Whether you choose to start with standing post or sitting (full-lotus or in a straight-back chair or whatever) or a movement​ practice -- or a system which incorporates multiple approaches in balance -- thinking about how these things work is perhaps the most sure way of keeping them from working.

The thing is last night I had a very light tension headache and that was after I worked out I didn't have the leg channels open properly through not doing any standing practise. And I woke with the same slight headache. So I don't really know if I gave myself the headache because that's what I'm thinking, or because I'm actually doing something seriously wrong with the way I'm getting the energy.

But, I'm just going to do moving yin and yang and not think about anything energetic -- just empty mind with some music on and wait for my legs to get tired. I've never actually done that before and didn't know standing practise makes the body tired. I thought if you're standing in one place you can do that all day long.

The horse stance I had been doing was super wide -- quads parallel to the floor -- and wim hof quick fire breathing until my legs shake. which wasn't very long.

Edited by Aletheia

I guess I was confused about your level of involvement since you had been dropping comments on his blog almost everyday for the past few days...

In general, the effects you are experiencing, as intense as they may seem, don't really matter. From February 11, you said that you had started practicing celibacy. This would mean that you're at 40 some-odd days (provided that you haven't slipped in your training). The heat, at this point, is just from gunk getting removed. The head has apparently opened first (probably because the lotus pushes energy out of the head). The sensations you are getting don't really matter. It is all part of the first phase of clearing away gunk and and drawing in something cleaner to take the place of the gunk.

Simple things like running can help (not low-impact machines because the relatively high-impact from running takes advantage of the piezoelectric effect of the bones to help clear the legs and channels). After I was done running 5 or so miles, if I would step barefoot into the ground, I'd get a strong circulation of earth energy up my legs.

But seriously, if you are concerned about these effects you should see someone who actually deals with them on a regular basis: you should see an actual teacher.

(The above it revised because I just read your earlier post.)

Edit: I am not quite sure what to make of your posts, though. In one place, you've said that you don't want to move onto the standing exercises because you didn't get a strong sensation from the standing as you did in the seated. That's kind of irrelevant because the standing exercises are the main qi- builders. And that entire scheme of stuff is rather discontinuous with your recent mention of having sensations without doing any exercises. And yet, even so, you mentioned doing a 6-hour meditation for the first time in the recent past (not much mention of the time between now and then).

You are all over the place, man.

I'm not experiencing anything intense other than a very slight headache for maybe the last 12 hours. In terms of spiritual/psychological/philosophical experience with qigong I'd already crossed a few liminal zones in the past so none of that stuff is a problem for me. The problem I have is a very slight tension in the head right now which I feel when I switch my breathing from normal and focus on the qi. Obviously when you focus on this stuff your breathing deepens and there's what I call a widening of consciousness.

Anyway I have nothing to go on right now so I'm going to do some standing exercise for the next few days starting right after I have a cup of tea!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1