Aletheia

First attempt at healing!

I suggest you stay FAR away from Western yoga.  When I think of yoga it makes me think of this:

It is absolutely useless for cultivating chi power, and Western chi kung is turning into the same thing, so most chi kung isn't much help either, specially the kinds where they sit around with their finger in their nose, visualizing things.   Tai chi, taught by a real master is a good foundation but it can take many years and some luck.

Also I would say stay away from Reiki, it's turned into a new age religion and it is a farce compared to chi kung healing methods.

The fastest and most efficient way to cultivate chi power is with Zhan Zhuang, standing meditation, and there happens to be a really good master of Zhan Zhuang in England, possibly near where you live.  Even if you don't live near him he has written what I consider a best book on cultivation, and that is called "The way of Energy" and it's by master Lam Kam Chuen.

The good thing about Zhan Zhuang is that since there is little of no movement that it is possible to learn it from a book or a video.  You can look up Zhan Zhuang on Utube and get lots of good instruction.  Lam Kam Chuen also has made some good videos for beginners that you could start with:

Here's a quote about Zhan Zhang that a friend wrote that is kind of interesting:  "Sometimes it happens during Zhan Zhuang (Standing Meditation) that unusal powers or abilities may spontaneously manifest - such as somehow being freed from the confines and limitations of the body leaving one to soar beyond, moving about more freely than ever before - sort of like being on a Magic Carpet. These experiences and others like them cannot be taught but rather appear suddenly as if 'out of the blue."

No doubt there is some discussion about Zhan Zhuang on this forum but I don't know the quality of it.  Also, to a lot of people on this forum it is popular to discuss abstaining from sex to cultivate chi power but that's isn't necessary.

I'm interested in hearing about your experience starting standing meditations.

I haven't really done standing meditations.

My main interest had been structures of consciousness through time going back to pre-civilization periods. Like culture is a macro-structure and our particular individual consciousnesses are embedded within the organism. So the organism undergoes stages of change though time which in turn reshapes our complete understanding of the world -- space, time, the essence of reality etc. Each stage creates a total all-encompassing environing surround which is difficult to see beyond.

The structures of consciousness I'd been thinking about are pretty similar to how I envision the differing frequencies of jing>qi>shen>dao.

EDIT: you mean seeing how I go with standing mediation? Yes, I was wondering about the moving yin and yang exercise and thinking it could help aligning the 3 fields and the thrusting channel. My back not being straight is something I think is a big problem right now. I'll start another thread so I can ask specific questions to get me going in the right direction.

Edited by Aletheia

Your study of the structures of consciousness sounds interesting.  I was only suggesting standing meditation as a way for you to cultivate chi power, as a path towards becoming a healer.  Another way to study consciousness via personal experience is to arrive at a state of non thinking through extensive meditation.

• Like 1

yoga teachers? No insult to MPY ( modern postural yoga) yoga teachers, but for this you probably need someone "not a yoga" teacher. I wish I could recommend you a good yoga school, but they are either all dead (real yoga teachers) or don't exist anymore ( US/Europe, you might get lucky in India, but the latest I heard it's bad there as well). At most luckiest way, you will find a yoga teacher who got her injuries already from "too much asana" and is into much gentler yoga ( where energy can be actually felt). If you go to any of those "beer yoga", "hip hop yoga", "playboy bunny yoga", etc, you will most likely injure yourself ( wrists, hips, knees) and have zero progress. Of course, you will be versed on misspelled mantras and Rumi quotes and essential oils in savasana while Deva Premal is playing... but that's not what will make you progress...

Check this out: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS520US520&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=london+qigong+master&*

if any of them calls ( i..e intuition says needs to go), go for it. 

p.s. +1 on everything Starjumper said. My teacher was just saying it yesterday, that even he still gets "battle scars" from picking up sick energy from people. How you have to carefully watch any changes in your mood/thoughts/emotions/physical wellness and purge it right away. Otherwise you won't be able to get rid of it yourself and will need someone to do it for you ( this is why it's important to have at least one other energy healing contact for yourself. Think about it like acupuncturist would not needle himself, but would go to someone else. Same thing here.)

You can go to Maisuru (anglicized to Mysore) in India and find some really good Yoga teachers (but more Postural stuff primarily).

Pattabhi Jois' grandson teaches there, as do other not-so-famous teachers.

Your study of the structures of consciousness sounds interesting.  I was only suggesting standing meditation as a way for you to cultivate chi power, as a path towards becoming a healer.  Another way to study consciousness via personal experience is to arrive at a state of non thinking through extensive meditation.

Another way is the direct path - Self Inquiry. Ask constantly "Who am I?" and trace back to the source of that question..."Who asked that question? Who is seeking the answer?"

Every time a thought arises, ask "Who am I?" 

Even when we start down this path in a mechanical basis, eventually one day the reality becomes apparent. All it takes is a minor adjustment to remember to do this as a practice all the time. This will eventually spill into sleep/dream time as well... :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can go to Maisuru (anglicized to Mysore) in India and find some really good Yoga teachers (but more Postural stuff primarily).

Pattabhi Jois' grandson teaches there, as do other not-so-famous teachers.

I don't have direct experience with this, thus, won't suggest anything. At my old yoga studio one of the instructors did 500HR at Mysore and when he returned I can say he was more "refined" from mechanical/asana perspective and more into mantras than before, but overall I had not notice any changes. But he was a young lad anyway... everything is yet to come... I am still not sure Mysore would be my first choice if I wanted to go learn about healing... But I am sure there are good ayurveda schools?Only seems OP is more on a "mental" phase right now...

• Like 1

Yes, there are hidden metaphysical grounds throughout history that bring into being new environments which then change how we understand the world around us. Artists and the great works of art are always the first to register change in a society. So when medieval artworks are all out of perspective that wasn't because they didn't know how to draw very well!

So, for example perspective in painting was worked out before it came to awareness in the philosophy of Rene Descarte. Or 15 minutes of fame only really made sense when we'd moved farther into the new electronic environment etc.

Edited by Aletheia

I don't have direct experience with this, thus, won't suggest anything. At my old yoga studio one of the instructors did 500HR at Mysore and when he returned I can say he was more "refined" from mechanical/asana perspective and more into mantras than before, but overall I had not notice any changes. But he was a young lad anyway... everything is yet to come... I am still not sure Mysore would be my first choice if I wanted to go learn about healing... But I am sure there are good ayurveda schools?Only seems OP is more on a "mental" phase right now...

if you are sensitive to it (many here are), Mysore is extremely powerful as a shakti sthala (one of the primary 18 power spots in India). I grew up in Mysore and didn't realize this until I went back for a visit last year -- the energy there amped my spiritual state up by several notches.

• Like 1

if you are sensitive to it (many here are), Mysore is extremely powerful as a shakti sthala (one of the primary 18 power spots in India). I grew up in Mysore and didn't realize this until I went back for a visit last year -- the energy there amped my spiritual state up by several notches.

oh, from that point yes. Kali places... But do you think for somebody who is just

started do that stuff is even reasonable? I think foundation is the first step. 

On this note, I am sure he can take a weekend drive to Stonehenge and get some interesting energy stuff... But is it safe at this point? 

oh, from that point yes. Kali places... But do you think for somebody who is just

started do that stuff is even reasonable? I think foundation is the first step. 

On this note, I am sure he can take a weekend drive to Stonehenge and get some interesting energy stuff... But is it safe at this point? 

If one has a good teacher, yes. Otherwise, may be :)

EDIT: the video link isn't showing up! so if you don't see it you'll just have to take my word for it. I added a youtube Spenlger video instead.

I took the http bit off the beginning so you can watch the video

vimeo.com/208535922

So you can see the cultural conscious structure falling into chaos with the three horses come together represented by the 4th horse of the apocalypse. Same as the 3 treasures coming together, but on the macro scale. This is what the Germans (Nietzsche, Heidegger etc.) were calling nihilism. Oswald Spengler whom was influenced by Nietzsche and in turn influenced Heidegger wrote a 2-volume works one hundred years ago which began with the following sentence -

"In this book is attempted for the first time the venture of predetermining history, of following the still untravelled stages in the destiny of a Culture, and specifically of the only Culture of our time and on our planet which is actually in the phase of fulfilment — the West-European-American."

Spengler said there'd be a second religiousness in the 60's (New Age) and a new type of politician would emerge in to the world right about the time we're living through now. He said as the axiomatic roots of democracy begin to show their hollow core men unconcerned with traditional ways of politics would enter the political arena and all the little people would cheer and celebrate. Spenlger was influenced by Vico via Goethe and it was Goethe's holistic scientific method he was using to chart the morphology of culture!

vimeo.com/208535922

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 2

Hi Aletheia. I also live in UK London. I am learning golden pill and  healing from someone in south. If you are interested in healing I can direct you to him, just PM me. I have healed some people as well but as I haven't reached golden pill, I am still using my own qi, so I am careful who I touch. but yes healing is very rewarding :) I have found my family hasn't been ill since I am practicing healing qi gong.

• Like 5

Oswald Spengler whom was influenced by Nietzsche and in turn influenced Heidegger wrote a 2-volume works one hundred years ago which began with the following sentence -

"In this book is attempted for the first time the venture of predetermining history, of following the still untravelled stages in the destiny of a Culture, and specifically of the only Culture of our time and on our planet which is actually in the phase of fulfilment — the West-European-American."

Spengler said there'd be a second religiousness in the 60's (New Age) and a new type of politician would emerge in to the world right about the time we're living through now. He said as the axiomatic roots of democracy begin to show their hollow core men unconcerned with traditional ways of politics would enter the political arena and all the little people would cheer and celebrate. Spenlger was influenced by Vico via Goethe and it was Goethe's holistic scientific method he was using to chart the morphology of culture!

Interesting...

Culture/Civilization Spengler uses the two terms in a specific manner, loading them with particular values. For him, Civilization is what a Culture becomes once its creative impulses wane and become overwhelmed by critical impulses. Culture is the becoming, Civilization is the thing become. Rousseau, Socrates, and Buddha each mark the point where their Cultures transformed into Civilization. They each buried centuries of spiritual depth by presenting the world in rational terms—the intellect comes to rule once the soul has abdicated.

I made some vaguely similar conclusions on an unrelated post yesterday:

No, I would say that any lifestyle other than subsisting off the land like indigenous natives is not sustainable in the long run (especially to other organisms besides humans). Which capitalism still sort of allows in pockets, but heavily encroaches upon and "discourages" through the temptation of technology and land ownership/acquisition.

But again, this is also not just limited to capitalism, either. Any departure from our primitive, natural lifestyles is just another step along this slippery slope of "civilization"...which has occurred under all forms of modern government.

Civilization is sort of cultural rigor mortis...