thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9901 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

We had an old thread here that was based on analyzing some old pictures.  I couldn't find it, but this image is worth some group analysis.  Ultimately we'd need to find where they came from, how old they were, but without that, what do you make of the images?

image.jpg

• Taomeow, gendao, Spotless and 1 other said thanks
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#2 thelerner

thelerner

Been here long enough to know better

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 9901 posts
  • Interests:Getting Closer to Fine
    W/out going too Crazy

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

The one from Mesopotamia, is muscled like a body builder.  Both are armed but the one on the right's daggers look larger and better used, he has a crueler beak, you wouldn't want to mess with him.  Both seem to have gotten there purses from the same store, perhaps Macy's of Coach store. 

The Ecuadorean seems a little more lizard then bird.  It's seems a good bet to assume Mesopotamia is much much older then Ecuador, but one never knows.   One of these could be copy from 100's or 1,000's of years ago, or an artist or forgers work from the turn of the century..  

• AussieTrees said thanks for this
Push hard to get better, become smarter, grow your devotion to the truth, fuel your commitment to beauty, refine your emotional intelligence, hone your dreams, negotiate with your shadow, cure your ignorance, shed your pettiness, heighten your drive to look for the best in people, and soften your heart. A creed from Pronoia

Where we have stopped dancing, singing, being enchanted by stories, or finding comfort in silence is where we have experience the loss of soul. Dancing, singing, storytelling, and silence are the four universal healing salves. ~ Gabrielle Roth

#3 Apech

Apech

Ghost Cat

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 11234 posts
  • Interests:Ancient Egypt, Hermeticism, Meditation, Buddhism other stuff

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:44 AM

Right hand genuinely ancient probably Assyrian - left hand fake copy in bronze.

• Nungali and dust said thanks for this

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."  J. S. Mill

#4 qicat

qicat

simple plain cat

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:Studying Medical Qigong.

...I am a very practical scientific cat... I read theory only after I experience it on my own neck... I wish I could tell you I do it because I "seek" something, but the honest answer is I am just curious...

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

is muscled like a body builder.  

kind of not about the pictures question... but... "a body builder"... mmm... how do I put my question right...

so, here is a story...

one time I was at the Jai Uttal's kirtan and he was saying he will call his "guru" now. So they are singing, blah blah blah, I sit there in the music, enjoying it... my eyes closed... then I see " a "body builder" with an elephant head shows up. Three dimensional. He does not pay attention to me, but looks around like "you again, ( i.e. to Jay), whatever..." and disappears. I am like... whoa... so Ganesha is your guru, but you obviously do not hear him. ( I am gonna skip the topic of cultural appropriation, not the point here). But to me what was odd is that "shiny", "glowing" Ganesha was a body-builder.... I mean, as a woman I appreciate nice male bod... meow....but everywhere else he is pictured rather "not so body builder"?....

Another time in another place, I was ... well... who knows where this cat walks.... anyways... I run into a "guy with a coyote/shakal head", again, shiny, three dimensional, topless ( body-builder bod)... Since I had to go and do something, he kind of helped. 

So... question... anybody else ran into those "well looking body-builders" during "field-trips"? If they ( gods?devas?holograms?) are from the previous civilizations, why humanity is so far away from those standards of body these days? I mean... Seems to me ( and based on posted pics), body-builder bod was kind of like a pre-requisite? 

thoughts are welcome...

• thelerner and AussieTrees said thanks for this

#5 Nungali

Nungali

Reverse geyser

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7259 posts
  • Interests:Hermetics, Martial Arts, Gardening, Anthropology, Tarot, construction with bamboo, being alive.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

We had an old thread here that was based on analyzing some old pictures.  I couldn't find it, but this image is worth some group analysis.  Ultimately we'd need to find where they came from, how old they were, but without that, what do you make of the images?

The one on the left is a well known fake - debunked some time back . 

Check out  "Father Crespi'  ( who was responsible for promoting it )    . 

• thelerner said thanks for this

The serpent which came forth from the earth has risen; the flame which came forth from Nun is fallen.

#6 Nungali

Nungali

Reverse geyser

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7259 posts
  • Interests:Hermetics, Martial Arts, Gardening, Anthropology, Tarot, construction with bamboo, being alive.

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:39 PM

kind of not about the pictures question... but... "a body builder"... mmm... how do I put my question right...

so, here is a story...

one time I was at the Jai Uttal's kirtan and he was saying he will call his "guru" now. So they are singing, blah blah blah, I sit there in the music, enjoying it... my eyes closed... then I see " a "body builder" with an elephant head shows up. Three dimensional. He does not pay attention to me, but looks around like "you again, ( i.e. to Jay), whatever..." and disappears. I am like... whoa... so Ganesha is your guru, but you obviously do not hear him. ( I am gonna skip the topic of cultural appropriation, not the point here). But to me what was odd is that "shiny", "glowing" Ganesha was a body-builder.... I mean, as a woman I appreciate nice male bod... meow....but everywhere else he is pictured rather "not so body builder"?....

harumph !   I will have you know my dear ,    bald with big belly is the new sexy !  

Another time in another place, I was ... well... who knows where this cat walks.... anyways... I run into a "guy with a coyote/shakal head", again, shiny, three dimensional, topless ( body-builder bod)... Since I had to go and do something, he kind of helped. 

Anpu ? 

So... question... anybody else ran into those "well looking body-builders" during "field-trips"? If they ( gods?devas?holograms?) are from the previous civilizations, why humanity is so far away from those standards of body these days? I mean... Seems to me ( and based on posted pics), body-builder bod was kind of like a pre-requisite? 

Nah, its lotz a stuff .... artistic styling is a major issue   I mean look at Amarna artwork !  Yikes !     Also, check  the 'musculature '   ( and ligaments and tendons ) on the forearms and calves .   I have an Iranian friend / boss and his are like that  (and sometimes I have sparred him - yikes !  Dont let him get a hold of you - one time I saw him in a fight, a guy tried to push him and he pushed back, the guy slid along the floor, collected various tables and chairs on the way and the whole lot came flying out the door -  called him 'tsunami' after that  :D )     ...  if one takes into account stylistic and ethnic differences needing to be expressed in a ;thick form' - sculpture.  Its a body type , like some African tribes are  very tall and slender.

Ancient  sculpture is like that when depicting ethnic groups, they exaggerate the differences for clear identification. 

And of course Gods and heroes are always strong  ;) 

• AussieTrees and qicat said thanks for this

The serpent which came forth from the earth has risen; the flame which came forth from Nun is fallen.

#7 Nungali

Nungali

Reverse geyser

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7259 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Lets closely analyse another 'historical picture '    ; 

58cc2275f01a6_Hansoloistcopy.thumb.jpg.0

• Apech, AussieTrees and Kar3n said thanks for this

#8 Zhongyongdaoist

Zhongyongdaoist

Dao Bum

• Concierge
  • Pip
  • 1262 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

I wonder if thelerner is referring to this one:

Buddha in Persia

I am almost certain that I originally saw this comparison of the two bird men in that thread, but it is not there now, and no sign of it being edited out, but Nungali says nasty things about Father Crespi there also in relation to a post by Gendao.  In any case the thread in spite of its beginning with the idea that the Buddha originated and Persia and ended being, if not exactly for the birds, then for the bird men.

ZYD

Donald
aka Zhongyongdaoist

'It is better for us that there should be difference of judgment, if we keep charity: but it is most unmanly to quarrel because we differ'

'Nothing spoils human Nature more, than false Zeal ... because I may be Mistaken, I must not be dogmatical and confident, peremptory and imperious. I will not break the certain Laws of Charity, for a doubtful Doctrine or of uncertain Truth'

'... I oppose not rational to spiritual; for spiritual is most rational: But I contradistinquish rational to conceited, impotent , affected CANTING ...'

All by Benjamin Whichcote, 17th Century English Theologian, quoted from Ernst Cassirer's The Platonic Renaissance in England, a much neglected book of Wisdom.

All of that said it remains true that:

Only the man of virtue knows whom to love and whom to hate. Confucius, Analects 4.3

#9 Taomeow

Taomeow

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

Not fake

a9d4a7749e1a2cebf2b89129a8bbdee4.jpg

Not fake

df3312a4972ffd53caaa0ff09694bb43.jpg

Not fake

5cef71607e08c9872d5d57f9d4e8e39e.jpg

• thelerner, gendao, Apech and 2 others said thanks
>^..^<

#10 AussieTrees

AussieTrees

Our Aussie Trees

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 577 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:11 PM

Attached File  FB3CE4BB-624B-4524-AAFD-BDAD6CCA73BE-3952-0000094B95BB8E7E_tmp.png   12.13KB   0 downloads

Attached File  07B64A97-5DC2-4B4F-9361-88C5139C5A7B-3952-0000094BAD6DE25B_tmp.png   5.97KB   0 downloads

Attached File  647BFF8A-6BF9-4538-9648-9E5B116FDFF8-3952-0000094B721EC108_tmp.png   36.54KB   0 downloads

Marree Man,unknown artist,how was it made,no one knows,mystery?

Edited by AussieTrees, 20 March 2017 - 11:13 PM.

• Taomeow, cheya and Spotless said thanks for this

#11 Apech

Apech

Ghost Cat

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 11234 posts
  • Interests:Ancient Egypt, Hermeticism, Meditation, Buddhism other stuff

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:03 AM

Not fake

Not fake

Not fake

See those 'handbags'?  Look here :

gobekli+tepe+11.PNG

• Taomeow and AussieTrees said thanks for this

"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."  J. S. Mill

#12 Spotless

Spotless

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1863 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:29 AM

so, here is a story...

thoughts are welcome...

Energetically the inner power is intensely muscular - one could be a tub in the relative and a massive lion or fierce bird in beingness though the power is indescribable.

#13 Taomeow

Taomeow

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 6872 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:53 AM

Yes, they are all over the place.  They are worth exploring.  I have seen bas-reliefs where they actually dip the pine cone into them before dousing humans with what they contain. 

Old school doctors used to carry the "doctor's bag" with them at all times.  The one my grandaunt never left home without looked like this:

bag_0019.jpg

Considering the pine cone involvement, I think those alien gods were "doctoring" our species to their specs. 

Edited by Taomeow, 21 March 2017 - 09:58 AM.

• Brian and AussieTrees said thanks for this
>^..^<

#14 Nungali

Nungali

Reverse geyser

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7259 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

Not fake

Not fake

Good Analyzing !     Men in long coats make an offereing .

Not fake

Nope.   - a man in a fish costume .

THis one doesn't appear to be fake either  ... a winged demon. 

How are they all related ?   Not sure    -    but ,   top figure on left and the next two figures all seem to have similar arm positions , and holding a  "handbag "  down and  an 'offering'  ( an incense pot ? )    up . 

#15 Nungali

Nungali

Reverse geyser

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7259 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

What a wacky story !     SIte closed, no one allowed in ... yet  they redug it and redefined it recently    WOW ...    not many archaeological sites allow that ! 

And it gets weirder ;   "  When the site was discovered, several items were found in a small pit[citation needed]: what appeared to be a satellite photo of the figure, a jar containing a small flag of the US, and a note which referred to the Branch Davidians, a religious group infamous for being attacked in the Waco raid in 1993. These were the only other human artifacts found at the site when it was discovered, apart from some bamboo stakes that had been used to mark out the outline. "

- Wiki  

....  Branch Davidians  ? !       :unsure: 

#16 Nungali

Nungali

Reverse geyser

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7259 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

gobekli+tepe+11.PNG

And here ;  

Aboriginal  ' Dilly Bag ' 

SUSAN-BALBUNGA_basket1.jpg

Aboriginal  'Naga basket '

80f07803624245d3e4744ac5c1eae9c3.jpg

[ I often like to compare Australian Aboriginal 'stuff'  ( eg. their astronomy / astrology ) as a  living example of the way ancient people may have done things elsewhere  - but I got severely attacked for that on an archaeology forum .

... meh ...  used to be attacked now    ;)   ] 

• cheya and AussieTrees said thanks for this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users