8 replies to this topic

#1 taoteching99

taoteching99

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:10 AM

Having This ,a few times in the past....

Cannot remember now when the last time it happened, has not occured for many many months , or even a year or two ,or more ..

The experience is always brief

Lasting just a few seconds everytime it happen....

And what is it? Some trick played by the brain?

Happened in a variety of situations ; (again, unable to recall the specifics of it),but just mundane situations....

Eg.. was reading a book, and boom (!) , for a few seconds, there is this sense of familiarity,that this experience "im now sitting here on this particular floor,reading this book... ," has happened before...

The experience is not some vague dreaming condition,always happened in real waking state,and with a revelation(if i can use such word) " hey,this has happened to me before! "

Again, what is this (experience of )deja vu?

Edited by taoteching99, 19 March 2017 - 12:14 AM.

• dwai and AussieTrees said thanks for this

#2 taoteching99

taoteching99

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:36 AM

Would like to add : the moment of deja vu has such 'revelatory' quality to it ,a quality that is perplexing to the mind(perhaps such perplexing is why it become a memorable experience, but memorable not in the sense of remembering the specifics of the situation/ moment) , the mind that says this experience is not possible, how can what is happening in the here/now possibly has happened before? Anyone who has experienced deja vu before can relate to the perplexion :-)

Edited by taoteching99, 19 March 2017 - 12:37 AM.

#3 taoteching99

taoteching99

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:00 PM

Nobody had this before?

#4 Marblehead

Marblehead

The Wondering Taoist

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 36523 posts
  • Interests:Short Skirts and Bikinis

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

I experienced deja vu once when I was in my twenties.  There was no way I could reconcile it with logic.

I reserve the right to be wrong.

YIN-YANG.jpg I reserve the right to change my mind. Anarchy4.jpg

Peace & Contentment!

#5 blue eyed snake

blue eyed snake

slithering serpent

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1152 posts
  • Interests:being

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

oh yes, I did have deja vu. And it's indeed a strange phenomna, just as you describe.

psychologists say it is some trick of the brain, I once read about there theories. But to me...it's like they try to explain something that they have no knowledge of.

just let it be.

A tree is a wonder

and  a bird

and a rolling sea

everything we meet is a wonder, but were some sort of used to those wonders.

Maybe deja vu is like siddhi's, something that feels strange, but not to become overmuch intrigued by.

• dwai, Marblehead, AussieTrees and 1 other said thanks
There is only one truth, but it has many manifestations.

The mystery of life is not a problem to solve but a reality to experience.

#6 dwai

dwai

Tryambak Baba ka chela

• Steward
  • Pip
  • 3235 posts
  • Interests:0

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Happens to me all the time (meaning - a lot). The mind interprets this with a sense of foreboding (apprehension that something bad is going to happen) -- but usually does not. I think in some alternate reality, something "bad" really happened following that moment. There is a dream like quality immediately following this.

EDIT - Sometimes memories of an entire chain of events following the deja vu flash through the mind. Usually too quickly to comprehend. Sometimes things slow down just a bit. 

Edited by dwai, 20 March 2017 - 10:47 AM.

• Taomeow, Marblehead and AussieTrees said thanks for this
--
A sinking spiral, rising upward, it opens and closes by turns...

#7 taoteching99

taoteching99

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

Happens to me all the time (meaning - a lot). The mind interprets this with a sense of foreboding (apprehension that something bad is going to happen) -- but usually does not. I think in some alternate reality, something "bad" really happened following that moment. There is a dream like quality immediately following this.

EDIT - Sometimes memories of an entire chain of events following the deja vu flash through the mind. Usually too quickly to comprehend. Sometimes things slow down just a bit.

1. Feel ( by the mind) " Something bad is going to happen " , didnt have that .

2. Memories of chain of events - dont experience that either....

Thanks for sharing
  • dwai said thanks for this

#8 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 8497 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

What's really spooky is when a chain of events plays out in real-time and you remember step-by-step what happens next. Doesn't happen to me often (but more often...) and I always think "next time I will interrupt the stream to see what happens" but so far I only think that afterwards.
  • liminal_luke, dwai, Apeiron&Peiron and 1 other said thanks
"Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow."

#9 Apeiron&Peiron

Apeiron&Peiron

Clueless

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1400 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:08 PM

Been there... never really had the desire to interfere, though. And times when I remember the future like something I caught as a peripheral image alongside the event that would lead to it (could be a span of months in this case).
  • dwai said thanks for this
"The art of progress is to preserve order amid change and to preserve change amid order"

-A.N. Whitehead

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users