Shad282

How do you heal/release your issues/fears ?

I have been noticing that different people use different tools, through which, they get over, or face their issues and fears. 

Some of different tools so far I knew about: 

- The use Lucid dreams through which they face the issue in dream world,

-  visualization.

- The use hypoginia state

- NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) professional or psychotherapist. 

- The use the present process, in maintaining focus on the now.

- observing thoughts.

What are your technique to release your triggers and problems ?

how it works for you?

did you try any other technique ?

and you ever wondered that some technique may fall under the "escapism" way or maybe dualistic approach ?

Thank you for your time :)

• Like 1

Find the correlating blockages in the body and tell it to "release". Any time you experience suffering in your life there is a correlating blockage, IME.  

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 7

Find the correlating blockages in the body and tell it to "release". Any time you experience suffering in your life there is a correlating blockage, IME.  

can you explain more how do you find the blockages in the body ? you scan the body or sit meditate...? and what sensations do you feel, cold or hot spots, or pains? 

There are different levels to healing but fundamentally I would say the main method is just to be with your issues and fears without trying to get rid of them. For some that means breathing with them, or others just sitting with them patiently with curiosity and attention. It is always presence which heals, but only a certain quality of open non-aggressive presence or awareness.

Most issues relate to childhood parts and what such consciousness usually needs is loving acceptance to integrate, trying to get rid or even heal some of these parts just makes them resist more strongly. So just be with them in the way your parents or caretakers failed to do so.

• Like 5

Being introspective and aware of your shifting states in the present moment can allow for just enough space when tension arises to bring clarity. This in turn can assist in that healing/release.

Writing is another way to dig into past issues/trauma and 'unpack' them.

KNOW thyself intimately and in the moment.

• Like 3

By observing them from a point of neutrality.

Don't try to force yourself to "courageous" behavior. Don't try to "talk them down" or "talk yourself up".

Just observe them from a point of neutral meta-cognition.

• Like 6

can you explain more how do you find the blockages in the body ? you scan the body or sit meditate...? and what sensations do you feel, cold or hot spots, or pains? 

Lots of ways, you mentioned a few. Practice and you'll know. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 1

By observing them from a point of neutrality.

Don't try to force yourself to "courageous" behavior. Don't try to "talk them down" or "talk yourself up".

Just observe them from a point of neutral meta-cognition.

can you elaborate more about this "neutral meta-cognition" ? how is it achieved ?

Thanks

Long quiet walks, preferably in nature. 

Both seated meditation and some guided meditations. 

I'll release my fears by acknowledging the realistic odds the event will happen, having a plan A, B and C then putting it out of my mind til action is needed. 

• Like 2

can you elaborate more about this "neutral meta-cognition" ? how is it achieved ?

Thanks

We human beings make many assumptions about life, ourselves and others.

"This shouldn't be so".. "If I do this I might be in trouble".. "If this happens then that maybe happens"..

Not all of those assumptions are "real" or even positive for you. Some of them are based on our fears and worries. The best way transcend them is not to talk them down when they arise, or to try and talk yourself up. The best way to transcend them is by simply slipping into a state of neutral cognition where you observe them. Hold them there in your mind. Hold that thought and observe it from a point of neutrality. Eventually - if the thought is based on a false fear - it will fade before the light of neutral observation.

In the long run such a thought will start to emerge less frequently, eventually fading entirely.

Good luck my friend :).

• Like 3

I don't know but about much of the other methods you have quoted in your OP. But, I followed Vedanta philosophy and it is one sure way to get rid of one's own issues, fears and troubles/problems faced in life. The reason is Vedanta traces back the fundamental cause for the issues fear and problems we face. The cause is "Ignorance of our own, original, true Supreme Self within our being". The fundamental reason why we are going through fear, suffering and pain in life is because of this wrong identification with our Body, Mind, intellect and Ego, when in reality we are the absolute and subtlest Supreme Self or God within the innermost core of our being. Vedanta prescribes Karma Yoga, Bhakthi Yoga and Gnana Yoga in appropriate proportions with respect to the personality composition of each and every individual. This helps in eventual elimination of ego and desires of the Mind which are the two main entities that is the source of all the troubles that an individual goes through in life. When this happens, the person automatically turns meditative and achieves the ultimate purpose of life called "Self Realization" from whereon he or she is free from all fears, doubts, problems and sufferings of life.

In other words Vedanta teaches the basics of life. We make ourselves and we mar ourselves. We alone are responsible for life and making, nobody else can blamed for our misery, fear and suffering. The individual alone is responsible for his evolution or destruction. Therefore Vedanta teaches the techniques to refine our attitude from selfish egoism to selfless service and sacrifice. It very clearly states the truth of life that we do not get what we desire in life always, but we always get what we deserve in life. Stop desiring and start deserving is one of the main clarion call of Vedanta to humanity.

• Like 3

I might guess there are two higher categories to either confront it or let it go.

The former seems more modern psychological and the latter more Laozi nurturing.

LZ said the sage nurtures the 10,000 rising and falling... meaning to allow them to do as they will.

I remember when I first meet my wife and some discussions where I asked her: "Do you accept the sun but not the snow?"

When we make it personal, we take it internal.

I don't want to minimize the issue but simply share one idea of complete release by accepting the comings and goings.

If you say, you have accepted this all.. then why the thread :)

• Like 1

Oh, so many ways.  It seems like everything I do by way of spiritual practice is about releasing blocks and "issues."  Otherwise, why do it?  I`m a big believer in going through the body.  All that emotional stuff is exactly mirrored on a bodily level. No, that`s not quite right -- all those emotional blocks are phyical blocks.

Maybe I`m just lucky, but I think pretty much everything works.  Here are some favorites.

Self-massage (acupressure, chi nei tsang, just making little circles wherever there`s soreness or tension)

Breathwork

Shaking (Kunlun, trauma release exercises, plain old any-which-way shaking and jiggling)

Yawning

Any sort of Tai Chi warmup, joint mobilization (knee circles, arm circles, hip circles, neck circles, eye circles)

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 4

Liminal_luke: can you yawn on command? Sometimes when I read (:)) or see other people yawning, I do get drawn to yawn too.. I've always wondered how it can be contagious like that :)

There is a lot of good advice above about accepting it as it arises and building awareness of the issues.

I believe that the root of most these issues is due to some degree of attachment or identification with the body and mind. If the attachment is too strong, then there is a lot of confusion. Buddha said 'ignorance is the root of all suffering.' Ignorance of who we really are - that is, mistakenly identifying with the body and mind.

This is a very simple technique by Sadhguru, a yogi whose philosophy is very much to be in the world, but not of it. While breathing in repeat mentally, "I am not the body." While breathing out repeat, "I am not even the mind." Simple but powerful for loosening the chains of these attachments and gaining some inner space. Then you can use that inner space to go further in meditation, and in life.

spiritmapper.com

Find and share sacred places around the world.

• Like 1

What are your technique to release your triggers and problems ?

how it works for you?

did you try any other technique ?

and you ever wondered that some technique may fall under the "escapism" way or maybe dualistic approach ?

I dunno if anything "works" for me, but I was given an advice "just feel it". Apparently, if you "feel" it, it is releasing it. Intellectualizing pain ain't helping, imho, as you can move into "blame" game ( others at level 1, universe at level 2 and yourself at level 3), but this game is a zero-sum game, no win possible. 

There are multiple levels of issues:

1. General issues ( life sucks) - healed with affirmations, happy thoughts, environment/diet/exercises/etc. Qigong, taichi, massage - all "feel good" stuff. 

2. Deep emotional issues - healed with shrink work, soul retrieval, self awareness, possible special herbs, etc.

3. Ancestral ( by blood) issues - land of subconsciousness. Need a guide usually to walk there or possible to end at the exactly same place. 

4. Land/society issues - Emperor of China used to keep it all in balance, but the last time I checked at the Temple of Heaven it is a museum... God help us all...

5. Planet issues - if I were Gaia, I would honestly kill humans for hurting me. This whole thing about climate change, deforestation, water poisoning, etc. - don't think it does not effect you on individual level energetically. Cancer is not here because someone has "bad karma", I think it is more of a weapon of mass destruction.

Depending on your sensitivity, you can be picking up any "issue" from the menu. Up to level 3 I think you can get help. What happens after... well... you have to be an Emperor of China to handle it. So I guess, thus the advice, just "relax and let it flow"...

It's just hard sometimes to remember it when you are in the middle of it: I usually think about thunderstorm and the peace after it and freshness... helps with the "issues"...

meow...

I am on week 2 of the Presence Process by Michael Brown. I like it, it's not easy but it is specifically meant for digesting emotional content and integrating the psyche to bring the emotional body into a state of maturity.

I have gone very deep in spiritually in recent years but have discovered that doing so doesn't necessarily mean emotional integration and integrity, it can even leave you more imbalanced, so this Presence Process feels like an important aspect to me at the moment.

• Like 3

I am on week 2 of the Presence Process by Michael Brown. I like it, it's not easy but it is specifically meant for digesting emotional content and integrating the psyche to bring the emotional body into a state of maturity.

I have gone very deep in spiritually in recent years but have discovered that doing so doesn't necessarily mean emotional integration and integrity, it can even leave you more imbalanced, so this Presence Process feels like an important aspect to me at the moment.

I found to it be very difficult emotionally and very powerful when I did it.

I still use the methods taught, residing in the energy of the upset to release obstructions.

The thread I started on it at AYP has been removed so if you are of the mind and want to share your thoughts when you are done with it.. Please do so.

• Like 2