Sign in to follow this  
Orgasmic19

Dreams Of A Soulmate

Hey, guys I am in my early 20's and keep having these strange dreams of meeting a female companion.

And, for the record I have never been in a relationship.

Her face changes time after time and my memory is a little hazy when I wake up. I do know for a fact she completes me and makes a whole.

She is the complete opposite of me but she is the other half of me for some strange reason. I feel alive with her and happy and without her I lose all hope being alive.

Do you think dreams have a meaning or is this my subconscious mind telling me I need to experience a female companion?

Edited by Orgasmic19

Sorry to share this but it might be not a good guest in your dreams. It can be a ghost who needs your energy to feed up ad it can look like anyone just to take your energy using your emotions - doesn't matter whether they are positive or not. I don't say that it is for sure but if you fill tired in the morning or like need to sleep more then read this post again.

• Like 3

In my early 20s I had the same desire to meet my soul mate. Read too much Richard Bach as a teenager. Realised I was was just incredibly lonely. The 20s are a rough period.

When I met my future wife she was nothing like I imagined. Down to earth, not interested in cultivation, but always warm, kind and tolerant. The perfect person to balance out my rash, head in the clouds personality.

So don't be attached to how you imagine her to be. Don't seek after her, or you'll get hurt easily. Just have faith that when you're ready, emotionally, spiritually, she'll find you.

• Like 5

Expectations are easy to make and are like glass armors, when they shatter the damage is tenfold.

Surrender to the reality of the people you meet and you will one day be surprised to find a partner, lover and ally in someone completely unexpected. It'll feel right in a completely new way.

I can relate to your longing but i think Michaels post is relevant also.

• Like 1

interestng post , i have had numerous long term relationships and currently single but have dreamt for a long time of a certain woman , she is always different in appearance but always the same in spirit, I adore this woman with all my being , and is  the only lady I dream off that I do not have sexual contact with , I always just hold her and treat her like a goddess as cheesy as that sounds. I am starting to think she isnt human , maybe some connection with the higher feminine ?

• Like 1

Kali!!!!

Since there is no such thing as a soul mate, it def isnt that.

Total completion is an effect of godess worship tho. Maybe look into that. Perhaps youre longing for devotional practice.

:)

My thoughts: soulmates are a disaster waiting to happen. Relationships need to be down to earth and about how you are with a person, not up in the clouds and dealing with such powerful concepts. Sometimes soulmates are there to help us grow...and growth can be the most painful thing: what happens when you have a genuine soul connection...your entire soul is wedded to hers...and then you break up? You get soul loss. The body can actually die from this. You should protect your soul, not make it vulnerable to a person that you don't truly know yet. Your soul should stand on its own two feet, you should be an individual, and not go head over heels for another soul up in that non physical realm.

So I say - give up notions about soulmates. Just find someone you admire and respect, who you're attracted to, who you can be good toward. Then be your best, and try to make life enjoyable and beneficial together.

• Like 3

Aawww, I dunno.  I believe in soulmates.  Why look...he`s just getting up now.  We`ve been together eight years, none of them easy, all of them worth it.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

Well, both being a woman and being romantic I do believe in soulmates ;)

Although I agree that a chance to meet a true soulmate is extremely rare.

• Like 1

Well, both being a woman and being romantic I do believe in soulmates ;)

Although I agree that a chance to meet a true soulmate is extremely rare.

Then what would you do in case its time to have family and children? Would you still be waiting for the ONE or will stay with someone who is suitable? This is a case when "a perfect approach" can leave someone with unrealized dreams for the whole life.

• Like 2

Can't say i buy into the soul-mate paradigm. There are certain people whom we have a strong energetic connection to because of similarities in our nature. Past life partners sometimes show up because we have stuff to work out....or perhaps we want another go at the lovey dove game.

Don't create a prison of affection for yourself in which you "need" to be with a certain person. Cultivation is about breaking chains, not putting them on. Communing with Dao Ladies and Men within a space of Freedom rather than forced energetic and hormonal imprisonment is an ideal worthy of striving for IMO. 

Edited by OldAngel
  • Like 3

"Anam Cara refers to the Celtic spiritual belief of souls connecting and bonding.

In Celtic Spiritual tradition, it is believed that the soul radiates all about the physical body, what some refer to as an aura. When you connect with another person and become completely open and trusting with that individual, your two souls begin to flow together. Should such a deep bond be formed, it is said you have found your Anam Cara or soul friend.

Your Anam Cara always accepts you as you truly are, holding you in beauty and light. In order to appreciate this relationship, you must first recognize your own inner light and beauty. This is not always easy to do. The Celts believed that forming an Anam Cara friendship would help you to awaken your awareness of your own nature and experience the joys of others."

http://www.basaltheritage.org/anamcaradesigns.com/meaningofaramcara.html

• Like 6

I think sharing yourself with another one is possible if your both energies supplement each other. If they don't then one can be twice open hearted but will not receive the same attitude.

This is close to Taoist paradigm about xing-ming compliance or mutuality.

Sign in to follow this