Wu Ming Jen

Is Tai Chi quantum physics

all of us are nothing but pure consciousness. Matter, body, etc are mere projections :)

Am I in the world or is the world in me? hmmmmm

• Like 3

Like I said, "understanding" isn't necessary for "doing" (but I think it allows for a more robust experience once "thinking about it" isn't getting in the way anymore...)

Nice, ;)  while in China when one was asked if they “understood” something it was through the “doing” that the understanding was shown not through the talking or being able to recite the theory. .

One thing about taiji, all things said can be proven or dis-proven many using basic physics. 
If one finds that this may not explain all things it only means that their practice might be very mature
and they'er working on a deeper level, one that not many achieve.  Or it could mean that they've confused themselves,  missing it by 1 inch, off by many miles. :mellow:  
Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

I have a feeling this is the truth, although in order to share this truth, it must be taught to the populace through linking to ideas that they already know. And if you told a person that they are pure consciousness, and the universe is pure consciousness, and everything is one, they wouldn't understand.

But if you had a goal of relating everything you learn to basic science that everyone knows, it means everyone would understand. Education synchronizes the population such that everyone's awareness becomes in tune, all aware of the same thing or very similar things.

Which "basic science that everyone knows" would that be?
  • Like 1

Which "basic science that everyone knows" would that be?

Just basic stuff, opposites attract, same particles repel each other, basic biology, and just stuff the people observe in everyday life. Once we understand quantum physics, the analogies will be EVERYWHERE!  It will be a connection between our internal and external world, when most people nowadays in the west are only taught about the external world, or the internal world view through an external perspective.

• Like 1

Am I in the world or is the world in me? hmmmmm

It seems that I am in the world. But really, the world is in me :)

• Like 2

There are many parallels between Daoism and quantum physics. But at the same time, each talks about things that the other has little to say about at the present time. One day, there may in fact be a system of thought that truly encompasses and interconnects the current domains of both spirituality and science.

• Like 3

There are many parallels between Daoism and quantum physics. But at the same time, each talks about things that the other has little to say about at the present time. One day, there may in fact be a system of thought that truly encompasses and interconnects the current domains of both spirituality and science.

Oooooo - I'm going to have a think about this today  :)

A important step will be for the acolytes of the two domains to realize they are not in competition but are complementary. Another will be for both domains to realize they only approximate "Truth."
  • Like 3

Just basic stuff, opposites attract, same particles repel each other, basic biology, and just stuff the people observe in everyday life. Once we understand quantum physics, the analogies will be EVERYWHERE!  It will be a connection between our internal and external world, when most people nowadays in the west are only taught about the external world, or the internal world view through an external perspective.

I appreciate this reply and I'm not trying to pick on you but I think this is an opportunity.

Let's take one of those examples -- let's focus on "opposites attract" for a moment.

We'll assume we are talking about electrical charges? Because charged bodies become very complicated, let's assume we are talking about what physicists refer to as "point charges" -- charged particles of infinitesimal size & mass. For practical purposes, the electron is a fair approximation of a point charge so we'll pretend there's a positively charged particle which is just like the electron except for polarity of charge. Then, to avoid the complications of magnetic fields, we'll pretend that our charged particles are standing still even when we talk about them moving, if you follow me. Additionally, let's assume our charges are alone in the universe so that they aren't interacting with anything else.

OK, so with those simplifications in place, let's talk about "opposites attract." Can you tell us, at a elementary and non-technical level, how or why they attract? Can you describe the nature of that attraction beyond direction -- what does the attraction depend on, how does the attraction vary as those dependences vary, how does this attraction translate or correlate to force, etc.?

If opposites attract, why do positively charged protons clump together to form (in conjunction with uncharged neutrinos) atomic nuclei?

My point is that superficial familiarity with a phenomenon does not equate to understanding of it.

BTW, if you (or any other reader) are genuinely interested in understanding quantum physics from the starting point of classical physics (which is the traditional approach), I would recommend this site: The Feynman Lectures on Physics

This is an edited compilation of the freshman lectures physicist Richard Feynman began presenting at Caltech in 1964 and it is outstanding. Start at the very beginning of Volume I.

I think most people will find their understanding of their understanding of the world around them changes rather quickly and dramatically (assuming they don't abandon the exercise in a few minutes, of course...)

• Like 2

EDIT: Decided not to share my theory, I want to post my big discoveries on my blog first (when I make it).

But I have an extremely profound and simple theory about how magnetic fields work and how opposites attract, positives repel, and how all fields work, including all fields that make up the fabric of reality. I'l post it soon and it can literally answer all your questions. 

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 2

I'm leery of anyone who operates on the assumption that they have found the one true Truth.  Be it scientist, taoist, buddhist, atheist, agnostic, gnostic whoever...  Attachment to truth is the mother ground of dogma for me and dogma is the father of known answers trumping new experience and living in the questions.

Also the truth we find in the answers to our questions are often determined by how and what questions we ask.

It's all so relative for me any longer... I can't embrace any answers too fully, forcefully these days.  But exploring is sure invigorating.

• Like 4

Maybe you are right, maybe there are infinite truths depending on the perspective at which one looks at the truth.

I have been humbled.

EDIT: actually I didn't get everything that I should have out of that. I've already realized that I'm  on an infinite path going backwards and forwards.  There is no answer, only questions leading to questions. I was overeager to say I had the answer because I had set a goal that was finite rather than infinite. The true answer is an infinite distance away. So I don't have a true answer, I just have an answer to my question. But it isn't really an answer because answers don't  exist, it is an infinite dao with no end.

Thanks.

Edited by Deltrus
  • Like 1

Synchronicity.

I was bagging on myself pretty hard this morning... it's been hard as nails here and I'm lashing out at my weaknesses this morning... about my lazy nature, my projective tendencies and my lack of patience in particular.

My wife interceded and tried to bolster me "No, you are a loving man and a good father."

My son added "you are both right and wrong, depending which way you're looking."

Now he's at school and she's out shopping... so I'm :ph34r: back to lazy I guess... :P

• Like 1