DSCB57

Taoist Cultivation methods to transform karma

One "method": there is a term, 忍辱, "enduring humiliation," that shows up often in Daoism. Partly it erodes our pride, partly it builds our de, and apparently, partly it also "eliminates" karmic burden. It is illustrated famously in the story where Ma Danyang, once a wealthy lord, is forced by his master Wang Chongyang to return to his old village dressed in rags and beg for alms.

On this "method," from the 《乐育堂语录》:

且生自入道来,屡遭磨励,历受风波。

Yet, beginning with your entry into Daoism, you will time and again be scraped across the grindstone, passing through wind and waves.

在旁观看来,学道人还不荷天之庥,反遭许多惊恐。

In the eyes of onlookers, people who study Dao do not carry heaven’s protection, and instead encounter numerous terrors.

殊不知遭一番谗谤,即进一分道德,经一番磨炼,即长一分精神,且也夙根习气为之一消,前冤后孽由此一除。

Little do they know that to suffer a round of slander and criticism is to advance by a fraction in Dao and de; that to pass through a round of tempering is to grow by a fraction in jing and shen. Even more, bad habits rooted in former lives are eliminated by this; prior sins and coming retributions are mended by this.

此正如人之染污泥,经一番洗涤,而身躯爽泰矣;又如金玉藏于石中,经一番煅炼,而光华始出矣。

It is just like a person soiled by filthy sludge, being once cleansed; and like jade or gold hidden within stone, going once through the forge, and then starting to shine.

此福慧双臻之道,不在于安常处顺,而在于历险经艰。

This Dao of attaining both felicity and wisdom is not [found] in settling into a smooth and steady life. Rather, it is in passing through perils and experiencing hardships.

• Like 5

Nei Dan work to clean Karma,because when we work with Yuan state of energys Jing,Qi and Shen this is all karmic energys.We bring them to Wuji state and this is what clean karma.One who make Yang Shen means he clean his karma and can see past and future but realise that there is only NOW.Such person make benefit to 9 generations of ancentors and 9 generations of descendants so he clean his family karma in his root.Remember Xian can heal and make wonders by accepting karma of others and to recicle it without harm to himself.

Ormus

Karma is your positions - the illusion of "you" - your inertia's, positions.

If you seek to transform or negate "negative" karma, you seek to transform inside.

You are not stuck with a buildup of negative karma held in some account outside of you and judged by the Gods - "negative karma" is your self created propensities / inertia's that continue to fuel and enforce what you cling to - your positions - grasping.

"Positive Karmic points" are simply expressions of energetic affinity to you for "Self" remembering that will repeatedly help you to remove position and grasping. In other words: Actions that move toward a frequency of non-attachment and non-doing - selflessness - will go a considerable distance in helping you to do / become more of the Self. Actions that reinforce the deep grooves of the illusion will increase the rigidity of the prison of your tensions that we have given the term known as Karma.

Additionally - countries and races have Karma in this same way. Deep groves and fine inner circuitry inculcated from the frequencies of their general beliefs, positions and proclivities which include their prides and shames.

Persistent frequencies go fully into the core of the bodies and are passed on in the DNA.

The races emit different sounds which are fully recognized by each of us though we are not aware of our subtle reactions to these sounds but much of the fear and hate in the world is a reaction to these sounds and deep instinctual reactions and more simply - pecking order and the roostering that always occurs from time to time when confronting this.

(Roostering - as in two Roosters puffing up and showing off and possibly fighting as they try to one up each other to gain pecking order)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

Hi everyone, I would like to know which forms of spiritual cultivation exist aside from the Buddha Dharma practices to transform or negate negative karma? How do they achieve this? It has been explained to me that the Shaolin arts enable karma to be transformed, something which somewhat changed my point of view regarding the martial arts practiced by the Shaolin, so now I am wondering whether the Taoist martial practices are able to act in a similar way, or whether another method is used to reach the same end?

David

You need to first understand Buddhism I'm afraid.  The Buddha said that he who is awake steps from the wheel of cause and effect and ends karma.  You should look at this and question what is actually happening and why karma is ending at the point of enlightenment.  The answer to your question can be found here.

The Shaolin Temple hasn't a clue about ending karma.  If it says that it does, it already doesn't understand karma.

If there is no-self, what is karma attached to?  

There is nothing for you to "do" to reach "the same end".  You are already at the end, you just don't realise it.

Hi everyone, I would like to know which forms of spiritual cultivation exist aside from the Buddha Dharma practices to transform or negate negative karma? How do they achieve this? It has been explained to me that the Shaolin arts enable karma to be transformed, something which somewhat changed my point of view regarding the martial arts practiced by the Shaolin, so now I am wondering whether the Taoist martial practices are able to act in a similar way, or whether another method is used to reach the same end?

David

I had a daoist teacher that told us: Working with the right and left side channels would aid in smoothing out karmic issues. Working with the central channel would enable you to go beyond karma. Working with the central channel implies an adequate level of Awakening.

You can find this theory in both buddhist and daoist traditions.

And martial arts can be a start, if the art in question works on these aspects.

And then you will have to progress to meditation sooner or later.

• Like 1

I have seen right, left and central channels in kundalini yoga, but not in Taoism. Taoist concept is Du Mai and Zhen Mai channels and dan tians. Can you tell what is the source in Taoism that deals with right and left channels?

Rgrds, Ilya

I have seen right, left and central channels in kundalini yoga, but not in Taoism. Taoist concept is Du Mai and Zhen Mai channels and dan tians. Can you tell what is the source in Taoism that deals with right and left channels?

Rgrds, Ilya

Bruce Frantzis main teacher in this regards had also training in T'ien T'ai buddhism.

Even if the public story is that the Water tradition of Daoism puts more emphasis the right and left side channels rather than the Du + Ren that the Fire traditions emphazises, who knows if this is The Truth or just a story that is passed down in a specific lineage.

Speculative, there can be either old or more recent influences from Tibetan or other buddhist traditions in what Frantzis teaches.

It is very hard to tell, when the history of a lineage is passed down orally.

You will also find the right and left side channels in the works of Mantak Chia. Mantak Chia, on the other hand, is known for mixing traditions. His student Michael Winn writes about that in the context of the Fusion practices.

• Like 2