Sign in to follow this  
roger

the problem

It's clear to me that people, including myself, both fear and avoid their own divine Self.

Yet our Self is also what we want most.

Ironically, what we're really afraid of and what we really want are the same- our divine Self.

If we can look upon this, if we can recognize our fear of, and also our desire for, our Self, maybe we could overcome that fear and manifest the desire.

Perhaps self-observation, self-awareness, could be the solution.

I feel that if we can see the problem clearly, in that understanding lies the solution, the resolution of the conflict.

• Like 2

Although I don't care much for that term "divine Self", I pretty much agree with you.

Understanding our true self, understanding our true nature.

If we look inside we are not going to see something that is perfect.  We are going to see flaws, see weaknesses.  But we need to understand our strengths so that we can protect our self and others from our weaknesses.

I think that we should understand our self better than we think we understand any one else on the planet. 

Defend our weaknesses so that our strengths can shine.

• Like 1

It's clear to me that people, including myself, both fear and avoid their own divine Self.

Yet our Self is also what we want most.

Ironically, what we're really afraid of and what we really want are the same- our divine Self.

If we can look upon this, if we can recognize our fear of, and also our desire for, our Self, maybe we could overcome that fear and manifest the desire.

Perhaps self-observation, self-awareness, could be the solution.

I feel that if we can see the problem clearly, in that understanding lies the solution, the resolution of the conflict.

I think there is a good point here although desire is every bit an obstacle as fear.

My own path would not be to overcome the fear and manifest the desire.

Fear and desire are inextricably related, both are of the same taste.

Returning to the true self transcends both fear and desire as each stems from the root delusion, ignorance, which is the sense that we are ever something other than that very self.

One of the Dzogchen pith instructions invites us to liberate hope and fear in order to manifest the fruition of our practice.

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this