awaken

How to distinguish a teacher is true or not?

I suggest that you can open your heart entrance, then you can receive people's chi.

If you can receive people's chi, you can distinguish who is true teacher and who is just a daoist scholar.

If you want to know how to open the heart entrence , I can teach you.

You don't need to treat me as a true teacher.

I know I am stupid sometimes.

So I only teach you the way of wu Wei which can open the emptiness and heart entrence.

You got to find your own wisdom.

You can treat me as a elementiary school teacher or a junior high teacher.

I teach you how to open the door to have the ability to distinguish who is the true teacher.

You can feel by yourself.

You can use your chi to feel people to know if they are true or not.

If you have this ability, the fact you find might shock you.

If you are interested to learn from me, please go to my space to read my post first.

You must decide if you can write four diaries a month.

If you don't write diaries, I don't know how to teach you.

That is the way I found most effective way.

I teach for free.

You don't need to give me any money.

You just need to write four diaries a month to me.

I will tell you how to adjust your cultivation way.

I try to teach in a group.

Every student in the group need to write diaries, or I won teach you.

If you know how to open your heart entrence and you can feel the chi.

You can leave to teach your students.

I don't care.

I just hope more people have the ability to know who is true and who is fake.

How long will the class last?

I don't know how long you can open your heart entrence.

But a few "years" is needed at least.

If you can't insist to write four diaries a month to me, please don't ask me any questions.

I only teach the person who is willing to cultivate and share his diaries.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 3

There is no secret method in my teaching.

I teach a direction.

The direction of real cultivation.

So I will read your diaries to make sure you are on the right way.

You are not mislead in the wrong direction.

The concepts of explanation just help you to walk in the right direction.

I have taught many students.

Few can insist for long time.

Most people just come to ask questions and don't write any diaries.

I don't teach these kind of people.

The people who chase the knowledges and don't do cultivation will lose the direction.

You must have the wisdom to know this first.

My students are all very wise.

I just teach them the direction.

I don't teach them wisdom.

• Like 1

To open the heart entrence is not difficult.

What you need just a direction.

The direction is easy to tell, but not easy to real cultivate.

• Like 2

I suggest that you can open your heart entrance, then you can receive people's chi.

If you can receive people's chi, you can distinguish who is true teacher and who is just a daoist scholar.

To open the heart entrence is not difficult.

I think you raise something that is not really discussed here that much but you raise it without realizing it... that of having an 'open heart' to 'receive qi'...  and I take your meaning as having an inner sense and/or intuition.

If you consider the idea of the duality of energy as transmission and reception (Yang vs Yin; Male vs Female), I think most can see that those who are more receptive means they have a developed (or realized) reception energy; those that don't are likely more developed on the transmission energy but may not realize it as their reception side don't provide feedback as to the energy loop that we all create all the time.

I guess one could say, in more modern terms, that to open the heart to receive qi transmission from others is akin to telling men to get in touch with their female side [energy]...   for many, that may actually be difficult as most practices do not really look at these two energy sides as they don't understand those roles.

• Like 4

I am not talking about female or male energy.

I am talking about 竅

開關展竅

Open 玄關竅

玄關竅 is the most secret part of daoist cultivation.

If you open your 玄關竅,you can receive chi as me.

I can receive not because I am a female.

I have some male students.

After they start to open 玄關竅,they can receive chi.

Please don't misunderstand 玄關竅 as female energy.

It is very difficult to find a teacher to teach you how to open 玄關竅

I teach anyone for free.

Just to help to open your eyes of daoist cultivation

Hope you can see the real daoist world.

Edited by awaken
  • Like 2

After you open your 玄關竅, you can receive outside medicine 外藥 very easily.

You will know what is the difference between 外藥 and 內藥 inside medicine.

If you think I can receive chi just because I am a female.

You lost the chance to know the real daoist world.

谷神不死,是謂玄牝。玄牝之門,是謂天地根。綿綿若存,用之不勤。

Edited by awaken
  • Like 1

Yeah...

From what I gather, in traditional cultivation, this is too much of a psychological view. When experimenting with Jeff and the use of "male" and "female" loop patterns. A key point that seemed to depart, for me, was that simply having one loop pattern predominating was enough to warrant saying that someone was perceived as a man or woman.

There are flow patterns that are more common in men than women and vice-versa. But there is a rather organic interconnection between the physical body and energy body. In the case of Jeff, even though he had what he called "the female" energy loop active, the backdrop for it wasn't female.

So I am willing to say that there is something to it but casting it in psychological terms doesn't seem to do justice to what is actually at work.

Edit: **No offense is intended by this comment.

I would agree that there is no need to caste such things in male and female human terms. While some people naturally tend to think of it that way, I would say that it is more useful to think in terms of transmission and reception. More like polarities in the natural spectrum of the "two" that lead to "10,000 things".

Additionally, everyone has sort of a natural place on the spectrum that tends to define their "localized view". Such views are often totally dependent on the other person that they are energetically connected to. Just like in normal interactions, one may act in different ways depending on the person (or group) that they are talking to.

If you want to know how to open the heart entrence , I can teach you.

You don't need to treat me as a true teacher.

I know I am stupid sometimes.

So I only teach you the way of wu Wei which can open the emptiness and heart entrence.

You got to find your own wisdom.

You can treat me as a elementiary school teacher or a junior high teacher.

I teach you how to open the door to have the ability to distinguish who is the true teacher.

You can feel by yourself.

You can use your chi to feel people to know if they are true or not.

If you have this ability, the fact you find might shock you.

If you are interested to learn from me, please go to my space to read my post first.

You must decide if you can write four diaries a month.

If you don't write diaries, I don't know how to teach you.

That is the way I found most effective way.

I teach for free.

You don't need to give me any money.

You just need to write four diaries a month to me.

I will tell you how to adjust your cultivation way.

I try to teach in a group.

Every student in the group need to write diaries, or I won teach you.

If you know how to open your heart entrence and you can feel the chi.

You can leave to teach your students.

I don't care.

I just hope more people have the ability to know who is true and who is fake.

How long will the class last?

I don't know how long you can open your heart entrence.

But a few "years" is needed at least.

If you can't insist to write four diaries a month to me, please don't ask me any questions.

I only teach the person who is willing to cultivate and share his diaries.

And to you, how does a true teacher feel? How would you describe such a person?

And to you, how does a true teacher feel? How would you describe such a person?

Of course you are one of the true teachers,

Though you have totally different view of the world from me.

You know I can feel you.

You don't have daoist view

But the real dao can not be talked

Different words is ok

Same inner world is more important

Many people can talk daoist phrases

But they don't have a real dao heart

That is why we should open the 玄關竅

If we open our 玄關竅, we won't be cheated by the surface of words

We can see the truth under the deep water

Edited by awaken
  • Like 3

Of course you are one of the true teachers,

Though you have totally different view of the world from me.

You know I can feel you.

You don't have daoist view

But the real dao can not be talked

Different words is ok

Same inner world is more important

Many people can talk daoist phrases

But they don't have a real dao heart

That is why we should open the 玄關竅

If we open our 玄關竅, we won't be cheated by the surface of words

We can see the truth under the deep water

Thank you for the very kind words. But, was wondering if there was anything you could describe about your true teacher feeling? Is it some type of energy feeling with the person? Or more just something you know in your heart? Anything specific you can describe?

And yes, I do know that you can feel and sense different types of energy/chi. :)

Edited by Jeff

Should the true teacher have a high level of qi and how to understand it?

Should the true teacher have a harmonized heart and how to feel it? Should the true teacher be perfect in everything if this is possible?

Should the true teacher have a high level of qi and how to understand it?

Should the true teacher have a harmonized heart and how to feel it? Should the true teacher be perfect in everything if this is possible?

Is there a way to show a high level of qi?  Or a 'harmonized' heart, short of removing it surgically?  Though I suppose a good teacher demonstrate equanimity and is rarely riled or angered.  I don't think the best get caught up in pissing contests.

Perfect in everything(?).. that's easy, imo no, not if they're human.   Perfection is boring, unobtainable and in only in the eyes of the dazzled beholder.  Flaws create character.  

• Like 1

i don't distinguish true and false teachers. 

i am so deeply thankful and cursing every teacher at turns and simultaneously.

true and false both serve truth... in my life it can be no other way

a teachers effectiveness in my life is an action of emptying and opening and crushing, enlisting simultaneous expansion and contraction

when i love my true teacher i am opening and harmonizing truth in my living being

when i despise my false/true teacher i am contracting and dissonant with the recognition of the incongruity of the false holdings I maintain in my living being

i am like a vortex of thought.emotion.assumption.perception.projection.illusion.depth.clarity.confusion

teachers... false true caring severe

teacher and student abide in the same house and i love and despise them at turns and at times, simultaneously

grief and love are no longer opposites

recognition and liberation are simultaneous

humiliation and gratitude stem from and to every teacher, false and true become meaningless sounds as recognition that there is one teacher and one student

they are one

i am one with them and you

love and grief again.

kan and li are not opposing

so potent, full and completely empty

deep sorrow and bounding love

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 6

Who can serve as a true teacher to you depends on who and where in life you are.

So the person that shows you what you need to learn at a certain time, that is your true teacher. It could actually even be a child.

Spiritual progress is nothing but the unfoldment of your unique individuality. On this way to the true self, a teacher that is right ("true") for you, may be wrong ("false") for somebody else.

Always let your heart be your guide.

• Like 5

one day while working on stage, one of the painters saw I was wearing a Vajra and asked

"oh, do you have a teacher?"

and I said "yes, everywhere, you, him, her, the door, the floor, the sunshine and shadows... everywhere."

• Like 5

I believe that a teacher should have a clear picture of expected progress, a system of trainings for development of his disciples and methods appropriate for each training. If anything of it is missing then the results of the study may be unpredictable.

Rgrds, Ilya

I don't want you to have any "concepts or believes" about true teacher.

I want you to "feel" what is true teacher by your self

It can't be talked

But can be "felt"

I would like to provide the way to open the heart

And let yourself to "feel" what is true

名可名,非常名

Before you can find a word to say what is true, you already know what is true

After you find a word to describe what is true, then the truth is not true any more.

• Like 4

I believe that a teacher should have a clear picture of expected progress, a system of trainings for development of his disciples and methods appropriate for each training. If anything of it is missing then the results of the study may be unpredictable.

Rgrds, Ilya

I would say that this is the inherent problem with man-made methods... one has to get to no method... or as Awaken seems to really say, to no teacher.   It doesn't literally mean no as in none, but there are no needs for words to even say it because there is inner knowing/sense/feeling.    Once inner is connected to outer, they are seen to really be just two sides of the same coin.

• Like 3

I would say that this is the inherent problem with man-made methods... one has to get to no method... or as Awaken seems to really say, to no teacher.   It doesn't literally mean no as in none, but there are no needs for words to even say it because there is inner knowing/sense/feeling.    Once inner is connected to outer, they are seen to really be just two sides of the same coin.

It's simple for my mind to become primary and get deeply involved in the nuts and bolts of praxis, or the potential problems/solutions.  Practice is a means to an end, not the goal.  For me there are points where the practice is a hindrance.

Wang Li Ping talks about sitting/practicing being primary and developing and this path will lead your inner teacher to emerge to you.  At which point the inner teacher is primary and the practice is revealed as a means to an end, secondary.

He stressed the importance of practice being for a minimum of two hours when I asked him directly.  Four hours is best, after two hours, the inner teacher can come and this is good.  He said.

• Like 5

It's simple for my mind to become primary and get deeply involved in the nuts and bolts of praxis, or the potential problems/solutions.  Practice is a means to an end, not the goal.  For me there are points where the practice is a hindrance.

Wang Li Ping talks about sitting/practicing being primary and developing and this path will lead your inner teacher to emerge to you.  At which point the inner teacher is primary and the practice is revealed as a means to an end, secondary.

He stressed the importance of practice being for a minimum of two hours when I asked him directly.  Four hours is best, after two hours, the inner teacher can come and this is good.  He said.

You get the information "2 hours" from someone you trust.

Why don't you just do it and get your own answer and prove it "2 hours" is right?

Yes, I agree 2 hours is basic.

But I use to practice more then two hours , four hours...sometimes even all night, all day.

Some people might think 2 hours sitting would be impossible .

Yes, I don't force myself sit for two hours.

I let my body free.

• Like 2

Sitting is not the only way to do meditation.

Not sitting is also not right.

It is not easy to talk in a standard for everyone.

The situations are so different for everyone.

But the rules are the same.

That is why I ask you to write the diaries at least once a week.

But few people can do it.

I have always thought about teachers as useful if they are useful and useless if they are not! Their value can shift moment to moment and is not dependent on any individual being THE teacher at all times. I really believe if any human was so evolved that they had special access to "ultimate truth" then they wouldn't spend their time preaching and setting up worldly institutions and power structures that just seem to create more dogma and confusion. I can learn more from an animal than most "teachers" I see in everyday life. 

I think a good indication of false teaching is a fixation on materialism. Objects, endless symbolism, dogma, words and especially $$ are all distractions from what I feel is true. Any material object can never be a requirement of finding truth or else we would have to write off a man with no possessions as lost forever. If a man alone and naked in the jungle cannot access "it" then that is not the truth I am looking for.  

I see so many potential paths with no real way of discerning (unless you test for yourself which could easily lead to a dead end after wasting years of your life) that I can only feel comfortable staying away from following most people claiming to have truth. If you remove all false paths all that can be left is truth, so I think the safe bet is always nature itself.

Edited by dionysiac
  • Like 1

What is not nature? Human kind may have gone far from their original "normal", but everything in reality could still be thought of as nature. One of my teachers said that suffering is the most loyal teacher because it is a constant thing till Enlightenment.

Still without a teacher whom has walked the path, it may be much harder to even get a basic idea of spirit because of how nature has come to be.. So I for one think I am glad that there are things like human teachers I've been able to contact via a man made internet..

Wether or not my time is wasted has still to be seen, but it seems like I get a good feeling that it is my path & one with a lot of obstacles.. The fact that I feel reluctant to go all the way is probably a good indicator that I have to and that I get an estimate of how valuable it is..

A path that promises to be easy all the time seems like another drug to take, obscuring clarity/reality/spirit..

I like this one, though it's a bit tongue in cheek.

The difference between the teacher and the student.

The teacher has failed more times than the student has attempted.

• Like 7

Nature in the sense that I used the term was meant more as that which is outside of human ideas. You're right that humanity is nature and a lot can be learned by observing humanity itself. 

In the Tao Te Ching we have the words of a human (humans?) that walked the path. It is the most minimal expression of the idea of Tao that I have found and because of that minimalism it is, in my mind, not as likely to hold as many personal and political biases as are found in its later analysis. Every time you try to pin down Tao with words you end up missing the point. I really feel and see that in the world around me. 

It's my experience that spirit can be found within and you have it at all times. If a teacher helps to guide you than that is great. 

Could you explain more  about "The fact that I feel reluctant to go all the way is probably a good indicator that I have to and that I get an estimate of how valuable it is.."?

I would like to understand what brings you to this conclusion. After all, I feel reluctant to do many things that are probably harmful to myself and others so how do you differentiate?