SeekerOfHealing

Ming Stages/Replenishing Yuan Qi/Ming Gong

Hello. So let's start thread about secret ingredient which is ming. I really searched hard for ming method after influence of all dao article. 

Do you practice ming? What are you stages? What are limits we can talk off? Just general MINGling with topic. 

My stages of ming practices. 

I use method for yuan qi by following yin and yang. Gathering and condensing. There is a certain time to gather primordial Qi and transfer it into yuan qi. Your site all-dao.com said it's easy to do.

But I will not lie. I'm not master of ming or I would say very beginner.

At the first stage of ming I was sweating out and spontaneously move. After sometime my diseases went gone.

Another stage is that when I was doing ming gong I saw flicking lights when I had closed eyes and entered deep stillness and emptiness which got nothing to do with trying to stop my mind or anything like.

After that I found very good connection to the nature which makes me child-like happy just to play with simple things like snow, water, watching fire makes me exciting as I would be winning milion dollar lottery but at the same peaceful and still.

How would you judge it?

Spontaneous moves are not related to spontaneous qigong. It's more related to knocking out blocked jing mai. There are many things which goes with ming. First yuan qi it's not primordial Qi but it's transforms in yuan qi and yuan jing from primordial Qi - at least in my practice.

Look forward to discuss this most important cultivation process.  

Ming practice I use is better known as following heaven and earth and their interconnections. 

Edited by SeekerOfHealing
  • Like 2

Ming practice is one or both of two things:

A. A marketing hoax in the western commercial neidan.

B. A sidegate practice in the low level chinese schools.

• Like 4

I mean here to cultivating yuan qi generally.

The production of the primordial qi

The primordial qi mainly comes from kidney-qi of the parents during pregnancy. That is why TCM usually calls the primordial qi "the congenital qi". The power and quantity of the primordial qi are already fixed after birth. However, after birth the primordial qi still needs further nourishment and enrichment to enable it to be distributed to the whole body and to exert normal physiological effect. The primordial qi transformed from food nutrients provided by the spleen and stomach is called "acquired qi".

The distribution of the primordial qi
The primordial qi is stored in the kidney and distributed to all parts of the body through the triple energizer. The primordial qi transformed from food nutrients provided by the spleen and stomach must be stored in the kidney so that it can be distributed to the whole body. Though the primordial qi is distributed to all parts of the body, it originates from the kidney.

The functional characteristics of the primordial qi

The primordial qi shares the common functions of qi, such as propelling, warming, protecting, fixating and qi-transforming, etc. The functions of the primordial qi are different if its location is different. The characteristics of the primordial qi in the kidney include three aspects: to promote the growth and development of the body and maintain reproductive functions of the body; to promote qi transformation to regulate water metabolism and excretion of urine; to fixate sperm and inhaled fresh air to ensure the functions of the kidney to store essence and receive qi. The primordial qi distributed to all parts of the body warms and promotes all the viscera so as to bring their physiological functions into full play. For example, the spleen governs transportation and transformation; the lung governs respiration; the heart dominates blood; the liver controls dredging and dispersing; the stomach is responsible for reception ancl digestion, etc. These are all the concrete manifestations of the effect of the primordial qi on the viscera. Thus the primordial qi is the vital qi in the body and is the motivation of all life activities. The state of the primordial qi decides the state of life.

• Like 2

what is your basis for this conclusion?

• Like 1

Ming practice, one of the most precious parts of Taoist Alchemy.

One half of dual cultivation: Xing Ming Shuang Xiu

Method for longevity and fighting off the death.

Method for restoring the destroyed body.

Method which is actually essential part of reverse perfection.

And you call it "sidegate practice in the low level chinese schools" and "marketing hoax"...

Is it a joke?

However practicing only Xing method is not enough to achieve highest stages. Its like having rocket gathered and assembled, ready to launch, but without any fuel inside

---

Best Regards,

Arkady

Edited by Arkady Shadursky
  • Like 3

That depends entirely on the Xing method you use, because guess what, there are many different ones with very different potential.

If the only Xing methods you know are Chan methods as staring at a wall or keeping an empty mind,

you are most likely right and a complicated and tedious training with these minor Xing plus minor Ming methods has to be done to achieve a halfway satisfactory result...

So if your Xingong which you claim is of the very high level allows you to perfect Ming - it should be very easy for you to tell us:

1) How do you notice that your Ming (yuanqi) is being regenerated?

2) How do you feel it being reduced in your everyday life?

3) Where is it located?

4) How much of it do you have remaining?

5) How do you distinguish it from ordinary qi? How does it correspond with ancient Daoist writings?

There are much more subtleties - how does Ming correspond with original jing and qi, their roles, the process of refining, etc. But it would be nice to ensure first we are actually talking about xiantian, not about houtian.

---

Best regards,

Arkady

Edited by Arkady Shadursky
  • Like 3

what is your basis for this conclusion?

By the seminar-sellers, Ming work is touted as a recipe for becoming physically younger . When asked to show their before and after photographs, the seminar-sellers vehemently refuse to do so. Therefore it is a bait-and-switch hoax,

• Like 1

By the seminar-sellers, Ming work is touted as a recipe for becoming physically younger . When asked to show their before and after photographs, the seminar-sellers vehemently refuse to do so. Therefore it is a bait-and-switch hoax,

Ming practice is a subject of alchemy schools. As I understand qi gong does not deal with ming methods.

Do you have your personal experience in this practice?

If you say that ming practice is a fake then why do you think ming methods still remain in secret and are treated as most valued ones in alchemy schools? Is it reasonable to keep in secret “low” methods and in the same time show openly xing gong methods if they are higher then ming ones?

Rgrds, Ilya

• Like 1

Ming practice is a subject of alchemy schools. As I understand qi gong does not deal with ming methods. Do you have your personal experience in this practice?

Yes I have.

>If you say that ming practice is a fake then why do you think ming methods still remain in secret  

Because thats how hoaxes work .

>Is it reasonable to ... show openly xing gong methods  

Yes it is.

Ming must be cultivated in every authentic chinese school where the process of cultivation is regarded as "conjoing cultivation of Xing and Ming". The difference is only in that what should be cultivated first - Xing or Ming. It seems to me you have some personal issue with chinese schools but let's put it aside and read very carefully what taoist masters of the Past wrote about methods of cultivation.

http://www.goldenelixir.com/jindan/nanzong_beizong.html

"Conjoined Cultivation"

The Northern and Southern lineages developed at a time in which China was divided in two different states (the Jin dynasty in the North, the Song dynasty in the South). Soon after the re-unification of Northern and Southern China, completed by the Yuan dynasty in the late 1270s, several Neidan masters began to merge the two lineages. What was merged was not only the lineages themselves — leading to the creation of multiple non-historical lines of transmission — but especially the respective modes of Neidan self-cultivation. This gave rise to the well-known formulation, xingming shuangxiu, or "conjoined cultivation of Xing and Ming," which has continued to be a major subject of Neidan until the present day.

"Conjoined cultivation" usually does not mean that Xing and Ming should be cultivated together. Only superior persons are deemed to be able to do this. In most cases, "conjoined cultivation" means that both Xing and Ming should be cultivated, but one should be cultivated first, and the other later. With regard to this point, the distinction between the two lineages concerns which one between Xing and Ming is seen as the basis for cultivating the other, in order to realize both. The Beizong/Quanzhen cultivation mode is defined as "first Xing then Ming" (xianxing houming), while the Nanzong cultivation mode is defined as "first Ming then Xing" (xianming houxing).

Edited by Antares
  • Like 1

"How does it correspond with ancient Daoist writings?"

Well, I actually quoted ancient Daoist writings to prove my point, lol!

Why do you ask for answers if those are already provided?

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43105-ming-stagesreplenishing-yuan-qiming-gong/?p=731762

Please consider fifth question as a whole:

How do you distinguish it from ordinary qi? How does it ( the way you distinguish, your feelings etc. ) correspond to ancient Daoist writings?

For now you didn't answer a single question of 5 above.

---

Best Regards,

Arkady

The only problem: Can you understand how it really works, basing on the popular knowledge preserver text?

Because this gift of heaven was released to the public for a very long time already and I personally doubt that more than a handful of people were really able to understand and to apply it!

That'a a very good point. Thanks for mentioning this. 

In Traditional systems there are Teachers who has oral transmission and guidance, so they could give you the way and explain what is the real practice behind those words.

---

Best Regards,

Arkady

let's put it aside and read very carefully what taoist masters of the Past wrote about methods of cultivation.

http://www.goldenelixir.com/jindan/nanzong_beizong.html

yes read very carefully 

© Fabrizio Pregadio

Fabrizio Pregadio (born January 14, 1957) is a Sinologist and a translator of Chinese language texts into English related to Taoism and Neidan (Internal Alchemy). He is currently Guest Professor of Daoist Anthropology at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg [1] and Research Partner at the International Consortium for Research in the Humanities (University of Erlangen-Nuremberg).[2] Earlier, Pregadio taught at the University of Venice (1996–97), the Technical University of Berlin (1998-2001), Stanford University (2001–08), and McGill University in Montreal (2009–10).

Pregadio is not past, Pregadio is the future!

lol, these guys are something else