Sign in to follow this  
liminal_luke

Sit Rise Test

Have people heard of the sit rise test?  It`s supposed to predict longevity in adults over, I think, fifty.  I scored 8.5.  Tipped out of balance going down and needed one hand to help getting up.  Not terrible perhaps, but I could definitely improve.  My younger partner effortlessly scored ten and thought it was no big deal.  :huh:

• Like 2

Great fun.

Because I have a short ZZ practice every morning, my legs have some strength. I was playing some snooker this afternoon and was able to really sit down into the shot due to the muscles in the legs. But, when I tried this, I had mixed results.

Lowering down to a squat with crossed legs was simple. However, getting my bum down to the ground was another matter. I kind of fell backwards and hit the ground with a bump. Then trying to get from sitting on my bum back into a squat without touching the ground with my hands proved very difficult indeed. It took a lot of rocking and waving of arms, very ungraceful.

Once back in the squatting position, the rest was easy.

I'm glad I tried as I now feel a lot more awake as I type this post - whether I'll ever do it again, not so sure :)

Edited by Miffymog
  • Like 1

Like you, I had the same experience of falling backward on the way down. Unlike you, I needed to use a hand on the way up  My plan is to use this as a litmus test for physical fitness; I`ve got a bit of work to do.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

I'm almost 53 and not in great shape but I am able to do this. :/ A residual benefit of a couple decades of bicycling and snow skiing years ago, maybe?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this