Edward M

Phases of energetic process resulting in lack of focus?

Hi All,

Anyone know if there are phases of the meditation process that result in the impaired ability to focus during meditation or other activities?

I've had this for the past 2 years.  What happens is the sense of peace within, which is not often lack of thought based, but more an energy of peace, it overwhelms ability to focus and is easy to get lost within the feeling.

Actually couple years back i was up a ladder doing some garden work, and it was happening then, i wanted to and felt i might surrender to the peace, and fall of the ladder!  Thankfully i didn't do it! 

I don't know if this is a phase that is common, or i just need to wake up a bit and pay attention more! 

What is strange is that, a lot of the past couple of years, ive had a seriously bad lifestyle not conducive to cultivating energy at all...bad habit s etc

Now, the above sentence may be the answer haha and also a tub just rolled across the table and stopped when it hit my arm-it has the words Will and Power written on it haha :) 

I'll post this anyway, incase anyone has any cool input, and incase anyone else needs to read it.

Peace

Edward

• Like 2

sorry suddenly got feeling shouldn't have posted.. feel free to delete entire thread/topic.. cheers and sorry!

Edited by Edward M

sorry suddenly got feeling shouldn't have posted.. feel free to delete entire thread/topic.. cheers and sorry!

No, please do not be sorry. I have looked at this post quite a few times and not responded because, well, it is hard for me to share experiences.

I do not have any remedies for you other than to stop practices and see if your focus improves and other symptoms subside, but what I can do is tell you that you are not alone and that you are not crazy. :D

I know that there have been times for me when doing internal energy work that I have become very sleepy, unable to focus and had cold spots in areas of my body, namely the heart or the solar, and sometimes the entire chakra system. Usually after these experiences I have pretty good openings/clearing in those areas.

I suspect that the sleepiness/tiredness comes from the energy that I am feeling, and has something to do with me being at a depth of consciousness that I am not yet able to sustain. As for the cold spots, it has been said that is indicative of pure light energy flowing cleaning up obstructions.

Try not to fret, you are opening up and are getting to a point where you are more receptive to the energies around you. If it becomes too much, take a break from practice for a few days.

My main point here is that you are not alone in your experiences and you can and will move beyond this.

:wub:

• Like 5

Thanks Kar3n, 

That's reassuring to hear!   Thanks for giving an idea of your own simialr experieces..   :)

Thanks again!

Edward

Hi All,

Anyone know if there are phases of the meditation process that result in the impaired ability to focus during meditation or other activities?

I've had this for the past 2 years.  What happens is the sense of peace within, which is not often lack of thought based, but more an energy of peace, it overwhelms ability to focus and is easy to get lost within the feeling.

Actually couple years back i was up a ladder doing some garden work, and it was happening then, i wanted to and felt i might surrender to the peace, and fall of the ladder!  Thankfully i didn't do it! 

I don't know if this is a phase that is common, or i just need to wake up a bit and pay attention more! 

What is strange is that, a lot of the past couple of years, ive had a seriously bad lifestyle not conducive to cultivating energy at all...bad habit s etc

Now, the above sentence may be the answer haha and also a tub just rolled across the table and stopped when it hit my arm-it has the words Will and Power written on it haha :) 

I'll post this anyway, incase anyone has any cool input, and incase anyone else needs to read it.

Peace

Edward

Get lost in it.

Focus is not necessary - it may well be a message that willfulness is in your focus and simply being in the stillness is near.

Not long before Awakening it felt almost like I was having the onset of Alzheimer's or extended brain fog - I was meditating a lot and this had never happened before. It was a bit scary though this does not run in my family and my mother is clear headed and 100 years old.

You can at times outrun the meditation and simply need to take a break and enjoy the fruits. At other times it may come to you to practice like a mountain monk. Listen to yourself - you felt like succumbing to peace - that is a pretty big message. "Focus" should not become a dogma.

Divine Natural Essence - Presence - is peace - and its stillness allows for more focus than all the colors in a rainbow - in stillness is clarity.

• Like 3

Thanks Spotless!

That's exactly how i feel, with the alzheimers and extended brain fog.  I keep buying bottle of water for instance, drinking from it, then forgetting i had just done so, and contemplating whether to take it back to the shop or not haha.

But it honestly feels like the peace energy is not coming from me... i feel like a fraud, thats why i wrote the spirit presence topic, because ive wondered if its a spirit projecting energy at me.   That is also probably why i haven't felt comfortable getting lost in it, because i thought it wasn't mine.  

There's gotta be a way, i'm in my late thirties now and dont have a proper income or place of my own, so finding the balance is gonna be challenging between being peaceful and focusing to be able to survive. 

Spotless, Kar3n, or anyone else, did you ever find that a heart opening caused problems? i thought i was having heart failure, because of heart failure symptoms, that always coincided with the energy, and especially at the hands, it runs down my arms and out my hands.. but the ecg found nothing wrong with my heart the other day... i'm amazed! it makes no sense! 

Thanks again!

Edward

Spotless, you are right about getting lost in it, i never thought to take  my awareness off the mind and into the peace before.. having done so now everything seems much better, out of the mind and into the peace... it was fear stopping me from doing it before..  also being all the more calmer for it, getting on with things suddenly seems much easier :)

Thanks again!

Edward

• Like 2