• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#33 Cauvery

Cauvery

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:travel, trains, linguistics, yoga, tantra, ocean, waves, wandering, sky-gazing

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:31 AM

I also explained you know when you teach people this stuff you are introducing them to life changing things that can very deeply effect their entire lives. I just don't know about taking on that kind of responsibility.

Yes, the burden of responsibility and risks are huge.  Even on worldly things, that we teach with good intention and hope the student learns and practices in the right way.

Taking another example to express this message.  Let's say an expert cryptologist, teaches encryption and decryption, with passion to a particular student.  He feels some kind of connection with this student, reveals many things he learned by experience over years on decryption.   There is a possibility that the student could use this knowledge to decrypt and steal money from a bank, or act as a spy.  Even without any wrong intention, he could land in serious trouble while encrypting or decrypting some classified information.

Again, it is the question whether the teacher is comfortable and feels ready to teach.   Things happen in their own time line.  

I learned that only through the bhava of surrender, that I can teach anything valuable to anyone.  Only teaching earnestly is my part.  What happens as a result of my teaching is not in my hands.  

Bhagavad Gita - Chapter 2:  

Karmanye vadhikaraste Ma Phaleshu Kadachana।  Ma Karmaphalaheturbhurma Te Sangostvakarmani ।।

One's right is to perform work, but never to the results.  Do not get motivated by the results of your actions, nor should you be attached to not performing your prescribed duties.

I am not lecturing, fully realize this is easier said than done.

Edited by Cauvery, 11 January 2017 - 09:32 AM.

• Pilgrim said thanks for this

Mano budhyahankara chithaa ninaham, Na cha srothra jihwe na cha graana nethrer, Na cha vyoma bhoomir na thejo na vayu, Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham.   

(From Nirvana shatakam by Adi Shankara - translation by Swami Vivekananda)

I am neither the mind, nor the intellect, nor the ego, nor the mind-stuff; I am neither the body, nor the changes of the body; I am neither the senses of hearing, taste, smell, or sight, Nor am I the ether, the earth, the fire, the air; I am Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute - I am He, I am He. (Shivoham, Shivoham).

#34 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Kriya Yoga, Dao.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

Seeker of Healing:

Would you perhaps call the stage of seeing the DAO something like this?  as I will attempt to describe below:

One finds oneself, connected with all things, all things are felt within ones own heart and proximity field as within themself and no where is there anything that is not the self.

You comprehend that all is sacred, even the moat of dust and the awe of comprehending this in your deepest core, in your feeling self leaves you stunned with reverence for the sanctity of all things.

The onset of the peak experience is so great you realize God and know with a certainty, you see as God sees but also know you will not retain this completely and it will be the rest of your life growing into this.

As the hours go by you witness your awareness contract to something approximating more human levels of perception.

Eventually the contraction of the iris of awareness reaches it's steady place of rest and you realize after some time has passed weeks and months that this was not a fleeting thing as you never returned to the same you, perspective you once had and that your perceptions were forever changed.

As years and decades past you came to also realize that you were still growing into the capacity of that peak way of awareness.

The answer to everything becomes known to you during the peak onset and it is profound in it's simplicity.

The answer when put to words by lips goes something like this:

"Oh!. My God! That's it?! Really and with a smile of relief "Oh It is all so simple, the answer to it all is that it is all so simple" There is a great relief to this.

To see as God sees, if only briefly and not completely is forever life altering.

Till this very day I can not describe what that simple answer is, it is something I know in the core of my being.

Edited by Pilgrim, 11 January 2017 - 09:44 AM.

• cheya, dwai, MIchael80 and 1 other said thanks

#35 MIchael80

MIchael80

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Neidan, whatever is necessary

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:44 AM

Hi Pilgrim!

Thanks for your sharing here!!

thanks for your answer to my questions!

I know Ennio from email correspondence and he is very nice. he wanted to teach me the shibendu kriyas in person, but i refused because it was not my way.

Have some more questions:

Are the thribhangamurari techniques part of Shree Mukherjees lineage?

One guru that is almost never spoken about ..... What do you think about Swami Sidhanananda Giri?

Do you know these guy? Gurusevak Sri Sri Prodip Kumar Roy (website: https://sites.google.../purekriyayoga/

best

Michael

#36 Rishi Das

Rishi Das

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 438 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

Seeker of Healing:

Would you perhaps call the stage of seeing the DAO something like this?  as I will attempt to describe below:

One finds oneself, connected with all things, all things are felt within ones own heart and proximity field as within themself and no where is there anything that is not the self.

You comprehend that all is sacred, even the moat of dust and the awe of comprehending this in your deepest core, in your feeling self leaves you stunned with reverence for the sanctity of all things.

The onset of the peak experience is so great you realize God and know with a certainty, you see as God sees but also know you will not retain this completely and it will be the rest of your life growing into this.

As the hours go by you witness your awareness contract to something approximating more human levels of perception.

Eventually the contraction of the iris of awareness reaches it's steady place of rest and you realize after some time has passed weeks and months that this was not a fleeting thing as you never returned to the same you, perspective you once had and that your perceptions were forever changed.

As years and decades past you came to also realize that you were still growing into the capacity of that peak way of awareness.

The answer to everything becomes known to you during the peak onset and it is profound in it's simplicity.

The answer when put to words by lips goes something like this:

"Oh!. My God! That's it?! Really and with a smile of relief "Oh It is all so simple, the answer to it all is that it is all so simple" There is a great relief to this.

To see as God sees, if only briefly and not completely is forever life altering.

Till this very day I can not describe what that simple answer is, it is something I know in the core of my being.

What a great way of describing this! Thank you.

• Pilgrim and Cauvery said thanks for this

“May what I do flow from me like a river, no forcing and no holding back, the way it is with children.”- Rainer Maria Rilke

#37 SeekerOfHealing

SeekerOfHealing

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:06 AM

Pilgrim very good explanation but the question is always how it started? What triggered it?

#38 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

Are the thribhangamurari techniques part of Shree Mukherjees lineage?

No they are not these techniques are found in the Lineages descended from Shibendu Lahiri's father.

It is the basis for the second initiation and so on which is given in multiple parts, starting with the macro movement without Mantra. Mantra is next and so on to further refinements.

This lineage is completely concerned with cleansing even down to the Micro Levels of individual Chakras not limited to the standard core axis spinal related ones.

In this lineage it is given over time as certain events happen.

For example many think that you can not receive second Kriya unless you have Kechari Mudra.

This is not true. It is granted but you have to earn it the hard way over time meeting certain prerequisite conditions to include a huge number of First Kriya Pranayam repetitions over a sustained period of time.

The other way is if Kechari Mudra up in the skull where the tongue slides along the throat wall into the top of the head behind the Uvula happens on it's own

This is seen as sufficient purification has taken place for this to happen n which case one is granted the second Kriya as well.

It is viewed that until sufficient purification has occurred that it is not useful to know or even practice the first part of Second Kriya Initiation.

Once you have the 1st part of Second Kriya Kechari does not get you a hall pass to the 2nd part that has to be earned much the same as 1st part of second Kriya without the advent of Natural Kechari Mudra Occurring.

It is often found by people doing second Kriya that the strain of emotional upheaval can be too much at high numbers it is not for the feint of heart.

Some ignorant websites promote cutting ones tongue to get Kechari. It is discouraged in the Lahiri lineages.

Sri Mukherjee does not teach Talabya Kriya nor does he acknowledge the usefulness of Kechari Mudra. In this I do not share his view.

What do you think about Swami Sidhanananda Giri?

Oh I like him quite a bit he wrote a wonderful book. He is also a spiritual descendant of Paramahamsa Hariharananda. Evidently H.H. ran his organization very strictly and not everyone agreed. Those that broke off from him often later denied association and tended to use Sri Yuktewars house man as their link to legitimacy.

Paramahamsa Hariharananda through his great longevity and insight has forever shaped the world view of Kriya Yoga, some like Swami Nityananda were not even aware of the famlial ties until years later as their guru's never discussed H.H.

All I can say is H.H. has my utmost respect Organizing can be a torture.

Do you know these guy? Gurusevak Sri Sri Prodip Kumar Roy (website: https://sites.google.../purekriyayoga/

To be honest I do not recall but there seems to be a hint of a memory concerning controversy or perhaps that has something to do with another group, there is always so much finger pointing and absolutes and scary authoritative sounding statements.

• MIchael80 said thanks for this

#39 SeekerOfHealing

SeekerOfHealing

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Kriya yoga is mixed stuff now with new age and all kinds of bull but some of you can be lucky to meet Babaji as he will be on living as immortal till Kaliki comes by the way.

#40 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Pilgrim very good explanation but the question is always how it started? What triggered it?

For me I was young 17, like yourself many things came naturally early. Back then I had never heard of Kriya, the only thing I knew was the Gita and only because it was comfortable to me and I understood what it was saying though not a part of my culture.

I was exploring and developing my own system. By research I discovered that Pranayam leads to withdraw into the spine and up into the head.

Little did I know I had discovered Yoni Mudra without the hand positions nor correct technique even.

So I sat and I pulled all my being through my nerves into my spine.

As I did I concentrated ferociously on the point in between the eyebrows and soon I saw what appeared to be outer space.

In the center was a star with 5 points the legs of the star were very thin. I had read about this phenomena and my heart lept with joy so I willed my self to see it more clearly.

In an instant I achieved great velocity and the Star became huge taking up my whole mental field of view. My eyes opened and my awareness was as described and forever changed.

Edited by Pilgrim, 11 January 2017 - 10:39 AM.

#41 SeekerOfHealing

SeekerOfHealing

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 475 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Yeah, it's pretty close to seeing the Dao but not deep enough, the main characteristic of seeing the Dao is that the world cease to exists, time, space etc. there is only sat-chit-ananda speaking in hindu terms.

#42 MIchael80

MIchael80

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Neidan, whatever is necessary

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:56 PM

Sat-chit-ananda: usually translated as absolut-bliss-consciousness

Deep realization. No time, world, space etc. only selfaware bliss.

Beyond that is that realization while living a normal life, though that is hard in the beginning.

Beyond that comes true unity when the world, space etc. is totally united with the sat-chit-ananda. Merging the unmanifest and the manifest so that only "that" remains. At this point "world as illusion" ceases to exists as there is no more difference between "the world" and the "dao".

Beyond that unfold the stages beyond consciousness/awareness, .....there it gets really tricky with language.  :-)

#43 Cauvery

Cauvery

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Interests:travel, trains, linguistics, yoga, tantra, ocean, waves, wandering, sky-gazing

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:57 PM

The other way is if Kechari Mudra up in the skull where the tongue slides along the throat wall into the top of the head behind the Uvula happens on it's own

You are bringing up many interesting things that make me look back at my experiences and question.

I don't know if this has anything to do with Kechari.  I think not.  From childhood,  I had this sensation in the area between my eye brows.  This is been there as far as I can remember,  before I had any knowledge of yoga, chakras, etc.  It's there even when I am not engaged in any sort of meditation or yoga practices.  It is not constant.  May be its constant and I pay attention only at certain times.  The sensation between the eye brows range anywhere from pleasurable, to discomfort to some times even very mild pain.  It is palpable many times.  It even spreads to a larger area, one direction, or all around the spot for some 1cm diameter approx. It is felt inside the brows also, as if some one is touching inside .  When I pray or meditate, I can clearly feel it, though I try not to put the attention on it, or shut it out.  I know I can't shut it out.  When I do kriya yoga with attention between the brows, it gets intense.  That is all so far.  It feels like there is more to it.  

Not sure what this is.

Edited by Cauvery, 11 January 2017 - 01:08 PM.

• dwai said thanks for this

Mano budhyahankara chithaa ninaham, Na cha srothra jihwe na cha graana nethrer, Na cha vyoma bhoomir na thejo na vayu, Chidananada Roopa Shivoham, Shivoham.   

I am neither the mind, nor the intellect, nor the ego, nor the mind-stuff; I am neither the body, nor the changes of the body; I am neither the senses of hearing, taste, smell, or sight, Nor am I the ether, the earth, the fire, the air; I am Existence Absolute, Knowledge Absolute, Bliss Absolute - I am He, I am He. (Shivoham, Shivoham).

#44 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

All very normal, using that sensation to focus can be helpful it is on the way to some higher centers. H.H. Would consider it a part of divine vibration, see if there is some light, listen if there is some sound. We all have so many divine avenues, use them do not shun them.

Remember H.H always insisted You will feel divine vibration, see divine light and hear divine sound, these were what he called the triple divine qualities.
  • Cauvery said thanks for this

#45 Cauvery

Cauvery

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Paramahamsa Hariharananda through his great longevity and insight has forever shaped the world view of Kriya Yoga, some like Swami Nityananda were not even aware of the famlial ties until years later as their guru's never discussed H.H.

Since, I am from (southern) Indian origin, I feel compelled to point out that Swami Nityananda that Pilgrim has pointed out more than once in the context of Kriya, is NOT the same Swami Nithyananda who got arrested recently in India and whose organization is mired with scandals, civil and criminal lawsuits.

Perhaps Pilgrim is not aware of this "Swami Nithyananda" that I am mentioning here for the sake of distinction.  For those who don't know, a quick google search will reveal what I am talking about.  The word "Swami Nithyananda" for the past 5 years, from Indian context means the Nithyananda who got arrested, whose name is on head lines for the past few years related to many scandals.  (I am not for or against any of these Nithyanandas just stating facts for clarity and the sake of our discussion)

Perhaps in kriya context, we can call Swami Nithyananda that Pilgrim is referring as "Swami Nithyananda Giri" as he is known in Kriya circels.  Unfortunately the name itself has become a taboo.  Even after knowing clearly, that the Nithyananda that Pilgrim is talking about is different, I still got confused initially.

Edited by Cauvery, 11 January 2017 - 01:35 PM.

#46 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

mispost

Edited by Pilgrim, 11 January 2017 - 01:31 PM.

#47 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:30 PM

Yeah, it's pretty close to seeing the Dao but not deep enough, the main characteristic of seeing the Dao is that the world cease to exists, time, space etc. there is only sat-chit-ananda speaking in hindu terms.

Sat-chit-ananda: usually translated as absolut-bliss-consciousness
Deep realization. No time, world, space etc. only selfaware bliss.
Beyond that is that realization while living a normal life, though that is hard in the beginning.
Beyond that comes true unity when the world, space etc. is totally united with the sat-chit-ananda. Merging the unmanifest and the manifest so that only "that" remains. At this point "world as illusion" ceases to exists as there is no more difference between "the world" and the "dao".
Beyond that unfold the stages beyond consciousness/awareness, .....there it gets really tricky with language.  :-)

What you are describing is Samadhi. It takes many forms or degrees.

#48 Pilgrim

Pilgrim

OM

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

Since, I am from (southern) Indian origin, I feel compelled to point out that Swami Nityananda that Pilgrim has pointed out more than once in the context of Kriya, is NOT the same Swami Nithyananda who got arrested recently in India and whose organization is mired with scandals, civil and criminal lawsuits.

Perhaps Pilgrim is not aware of this "Swami Nithyananda" that I am mentioning here for the sake of distinction.  For those who don't know, a quick google search will reveal what I am talking about.  The word "Swami Nithyananda" for the past 5 years, from Indian context means the Nithyananda who got arrested, whose name is on head lines for the past few years.

Perhaps in kriya context, we can call Swami Nithyananda that Pilgrim is referring as "Swami Nithyananda Giri" as he goes by in Kriya circels.

Yes thank you was not aware of the scandal. How about either the full name of SNG for now on?
  • Cauvery said thanks for this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kriya yoga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users