C T

Gap Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 7415 posts
  • Interests:Charlie's Tango..
    November's Echo

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:58 AM

Someone for whom bridge deconstruction comes naturally...

from what i have observed, its a tendency, and like all tendencies, its a pattern compounded by a complex web of habits that shapes the introvert into what he or she is presently. Not saying its good or bad, just that it often leads to contractive attitudes which can accumulate, and if so, could breed other darker states. 

• Brian and dust said thanks for this

Om svabhava shuddha sarva dharma svabhava shuddho 'ham!
Om shunyata jnana vajra svabhava atmako 'ham! 
Om ah hum hra phat!
Om muni muni mahamuni Shakyamuniye svaha! 

Appearances are mind, mind is emptiness, emptiness is spontaneous presence, spontaneous presence is self-liberation.
(9th Karmapa)

The objects perceived by sentient beings 

are like the appearance of illusions;

Sentient beings themselves are in the nature of illusion

they all arise through dependent origination. - Nagarjuna

#18 liminal_luke

liminal_luke

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:58 PM

from what i have observed, its a tendency, and like all tendencies, its a pattern compounded by a complex web of habits that shapes the introvert into what he or she is presently. Not saying its good or bad, just that it often leads to contractive attitudes which can accumulate, and if so, could breed other darker states. 

It`s good, I think, to have choice.  Neither mode, extroversion or introversion, is intrinsically superior.  Rather, they come in handy at different moments. It`s heatlhy and occasionally necessary for introverts to do things introverts don`t typically do: attend parties, lead projects, give speeches.  It`s healthy and occasionally necessary for extroverts to withdraw from the hullabaloo of constant socialization and quietly consider and contemplate.  

We`ll likely always be who we are, and that`s good.  It`s also good not to so deeply identify with a particular stance in the world that we can`t explore alternative ways of being when the life circumstances call for something different from business as usual.

Edited by liminal_luke, 11 January 2017 - 12:58 PM.

• Brian and dust said thanks for this

#19 Brian

Brian

He's a very naughty boy!

• Steward+
  • Pip
  • 8537 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:23 PM

It`s good, I think, to have choice.  Neither mode, extroversion or introversion, is intrinsically superior.  Rather, they come in handy at different moments. It`s heatlhy and occasionally necessary for introverts to do things introverts don`t typically do: attend parties, lead projects, give speeches.  It`s healthy and occasionally necessary for extroverts to withdraw from the hullabaloo of constant socialization and quietly consider and contemplate.  

We`ll likely always be who we are, and that`s good.  It`s also good not to so deeply identify with a particular stance in the world that we can`t explore alternative ways of being when the life circumstances call for something different from business as usual.

We are more than we see ourselves to be.
  • liminal_luke said thanks for this
"Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow."

#20 dust

dust

灰眼胡

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Now now... let's not get too serious. (I think what both of you have said holds true to an extent, though I think introversion (as opposed to social anxiety and other learned states) is an inborn tendency and must be accepted in order for one to live a satisfying life. And I must wholeheartedly disagree about speeches. I will never give another speech as long as I live.)

http://www.boredpand...trovert-comics/

Some of these are very good

funny-introvert-comics-5.gif

funny-introvert-comics-22-57441c98b5de5_

funny-introvert-comics-60-57443948c5ef7_

funny-introvert-comics-6-574409e2425e0__

Edited by dust, 11 January 2017 - 01:34 PM.

• C T said thanks for this

I'm just trying to be somebody I can talk to in the morning with a smile

#21 Yueya

Yueya

月牙 yuèyá (Crescent Moon)

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 708 posts
  • Interests:valley spirit recluse

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

Sorry Dust, I just can't help but be serious on a subject so dear to my heart. When I read Susan Cain's book on introverts it totally change my perception of myself. I felt validated. (For anyone interested, there's also a TED talk video of her.)

Carl Jung's insights are significant too. He is the one who coined the terms Introvert and Extravert . Here’s something I like based around the powerful hero archetype……

In the Jungian framework there are three types of hero. We are mixtures of all three in various proportions - one type no more valid than another.  Briefly, they are as follows: - 

The aim of the extraverted type of hero is action - he / she is the founder, leader, and liberator whose deeds change the face of the world. The introverted type is the culture bringer, the redeemer and saviour who discovers inner values, exalting them as knowledge and wisdom, as a law and faith, a work to be accomplished and an example to be followed. The third type of hero does not seek to change the world through such struggles, but to transform the personality.  Self-transformation is his / her true aim, and the liberating effect this has on the world is only secondary.

Edited by Yueya, 11 January 2017 - 02:56 PM.

• cold, Brian, Rishi Das and 5 others said thanks
I inquire, I do not assert, I do not here determine anything with final assurance; I conjecture, try, compare, attempt, ask.......

#22 dust

dust

灰眼胡

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 2317 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

It's celebratory in nature, not maudlin or despondent, so you're all good

• Yueya said thanks for this

I'm just trying to be somebody I can talk to in the morning with a smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users