Sign in to follow this  
nyerstudent

Hello

Hello, 

Nice to meet everyone!

I've practiced various cultivation systems over the past 15 years, though for some time have been focused on Pangu Shengong. Looking forward to engage with anyone on this system, as well as others that I know are popular here. In the past I practiced Falun Dafa for many years, and SFQ and Flying Phoenix for a few months each.

Also lately have begun trying to educate myself on more classic Daoist and Buddhist texts. I am currently reading Heart Treasure of the Enlightened Ones and The Golden Flower. 

Look forward to learning more from the collective Bums!

• Like 2

Hello nyerstudent, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi nyer,

I'm sure you will find lots of discussions you could get involved in.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Hi,

I did SFQ when I led a qigong group at work 4 days a week for 8 years. I was taught in person by Chunyi Lin. I did Flying Phoenix for close to 2 years but it took too long to do all of those meditations or even one of them! I briefly did Pangu Mystical Qigong and healed a serious and bad virus/flu over night by doing it for over 3 hours per instruction from the Master's daughter. I gave that one up because it was so boring. I am always on the hunt for a qigong method that is easy to learn but you can feel strong Qi flow from it. If you know of any that you have tried that fit that request, I would appreciate hearing about them.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!  :)

Hi tao stillness, 

Unfortunately I don't have many additional recommendations based on my own experience as you seem familiar with all the systems I've practiced. I would say - for whatever reason, the Pangu forms have gotten less boring the more I do them, they feel rather meditative at this point....

I do have a few other recommendations that others have forwarded to me:

• Michael Minick's out-of-date book The Kung Fu Exercise Book. Outlines a few very simple, practical exercises that work very quickly for internal health - sort of a precursor to Baduanjin. 
  • Fragrance Qigong - always wanted to try this one, 15 minute routine with easy to learn hand motions

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I used The Kung Fu Exercise Book in either the 1970's or 1980's briefly but stopped doing them as the TM guru said TM is the only thing anyone needs to do. I eventually came to disbelief that statement.

I have not done Frangrance Qigong as Eric tested it and for me it would not be good to do. I am now ordering Master Fu's Emei Qigong since I have been using his empowered Jade qigong healing disc, pendant and beads for years with healing success so I think it is time to add his qigong method.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this