TheWhiteRabbit

Questions After Years...

Please keep in mind I actually tried to study and follow many spiritual paths this lifetime. So, I tend to compartmentalize each one.  None of what I consider of each one was ever a choice to negate or bias against either one.  In fact I have done so with a view to not impuning any improper thoughts as much as I could possible from each one.  I did not seek to learn or use pranahayama techniques this lifetime, albeit because it conflicted with Stillness-Movement.  Naturally, I donot concede that that pranahyama is a wrong path, just that it was a nitche that I did not take.  I did study bandhas, but this was early on and subsequently they fell into disuse.  I do not know everything, so naturally I would have to say that even some things I have learned I did not strictly adhere to.  This is something I mean to rectify eventually if mainly for the fact that I have realized a person must cultivate "right amount of virtue".  I do not hold others to that seemingly strict sense of order, but is part now of my understanding of spirituallty.

When I got started in Hinduism I primary sought out siddhis.  This was an unconscious oversight of what is generally taught in scripture.  Most of scripture tries to point the right way and focuses mostly on right action and virtues.  Eventually, I realized for the most part things I did not comprehend would affect my life.  These are namely that the people in one's life and the things you do and aree involved in are pretty much one big alliance of sorts.  This eventually made me tryto correct this issue and leads me to where I am now.

Another important aspect of my life was yes, I did achieve someminor siddhis in life.  However this leads in some way to the first question I had which I answered myself.  That is that if one achieves siddhis one must eventually keep it to one's self.  If a person should talk about them, it results in the following: People question whether or not one really has achieved siddhis of a practice.  This results in the following circumstances:  One either is left to trying to confirm it, or give meager token confirmation (which I had done in the past) or simply not provide an answer.  Either one of these is ridiculous and even if it is proven, often only in person it leads to the following which I have questions about.

This is what I have the most questions about.  If one achieves siddhis or special powers and other people know about it then you have students.  I had always stressed in the past not only knowing the information but understanding it.  As full understanding only sees to lead to achievement.  I do not understand why that is.  Now I realize too that correct virtue is needed as well. The balance between Awareness, Knowledge and Virtue must be somehow the same.  I do not know why that is.  If someone has and idea, please feel free to add your comments on that.

Additionally, my experiences with teaching often was with people who very rarely wanted to really learn.  The majority of people were very unbalanced and for the most part had addictions of some kind.  Which I tried to help them understand that the limbic system is very sensitive and that it would harm their progress.  Either way there were a few people who did manage to learn.  This was before I stressed correct virtue, which brings me to the next stunning part.

After teaching people who learned, I had impacts upon my life.  Namely, that I began to forget important things.  I lost some abilities until recently regaining them.  This brings me to some serious questions about this situation.  Is it that I simply taught skills that I lost some of the back then?  Is it because they did not cultivate the "right amount of virtue" that it had this impact?  Or is it that these things belong to someone or some thing?

Either way this caused me to change my way of doing things In fact the last years since Stillness-Movement I slowed down and stopped trying to teach this kind of thing.  Am I right to only point people in the right direction?  This seems to be what ancient texts are all about.  I imagine not all skills are like this.  In fact when I sought out siddhas originally it was not for selfish purposes of any specific kind, it was because I did it because I was told it was virtuous.  My parents told me that it was part of my development.  So, that is why if anyone has experience in this subject, it would be a good question for them.  It would help other people to understand that aspect of it.

Stillness-Movement tended to balance me out.  Given, I know the level of virtue I follow now is probably more than what most people have stressed.  Most of what i know now is not a reflection of one practice or teaching.

Edit: Edited an unconscious reflection upon people who performed siddhis called siddhas, this must have been a casualty of focus upon what people has accomplished before.  Where it read siddhas, it should have read siddis.

Edited by TheWhiteRabbit

you mean siddhis.

Yes, the point of my focus was on what people has accomplished before.  Which were the people who performed them.

So, I edited my post to reflect that.  Yes, siddhis is the correct term rather than a person (siddha).