• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#17 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

Cat blessing sentient beings

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Tantra, Meditation,Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosis, Comparative Religion/Tradition, Health, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Energy Work, Neidan, Neigong, Kung Fu, Honey, Tribal warfare, Spirits, Shamanism, Beer + orange juice, Sex

Posted 25 December 2016 - 07:00 AM

For a beginner, it is impossible to see the whole process

Even if the teacher use a clear way to explain,

The student still can't understand it

[...]

Why?

[...]

Only if the students follow the teacher for many years

Then he can know some processes

[...]

Don't you think that the student should learn immediately how to begin?

What's the use of seeing the whole process, if the teacher fails to explain how to begin?

[...]

But there is a problem

How can the student find a "true" teacher?

It is always a big problem

[...]

I agree.

I've heard many stories of people meeting immortals that roam the wild mountains.

It's hard to find them, and even if you do, it's rare that they'll teach something.

Surely, you've heard of Li Ching-Yuen (李清雲).

He met various masters in the mountains and he learned and transmitted many of the arts that Bo-Duan labelled as "easy to find, but hard to succeed", including the MCO.

[...]

Buddha learned from two teachers

But he found the way by himself

Buddha had many students

Not each student find the way

Buddha was looking for the way to end suffering.

His two teachers taught him the way to enter deep trance states.

When he discovered that he could apply his trained powerful mind to continuously perceive the three characteristics of impermanence, no-self and un-satisfactoriness (or emptiness in the mahayana period) in his ordinary consciousness, he developed supreme detachment and he was free from suffering.

#18 SeekerOfHealing

SeekerOfHealing

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:16 PM

Jhanas are not trance states. 

• shazlor said thanks for this

#19 awaken

awaken

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 802 posts
  • Interests:Dan dao, Chinese Kung fu, Chinese medicine

丹道,武術,中醫

Welcome to my space
    http://www.thedaobums.com/forum/487-awaken/

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:28 PM

Why?

Don't you think that the student should learn immediately how to begin?

What's the use of seeing the whole process, if the teacher fails to explain how to begin?

I agree.

I've heard many stories of people meeting immortals that roam the wild mountains.

It's hard to find them, and even if you do, it's rare that they'll teach something.

Surely, you've heard of Li Ching-Yuen (李清雲).
He met various masters in the mountains and he learned and transmitted many of the arts that Bo-Duan labelled as "easy to find, but hard to succeed", including the MCO.

Buddha was looking for the way to end suffering.

His two teachers taught him the way to enter deep trance states.

When he discovered that he could apply his trained powerful mind to continuously perceive the three characteristics of impermanence, no-self and un-satisfactoriness (or emptiness in the mahayana period) in his ordinary consciousness, he developed supreme detachment and he was free from suffering.

You are not prepared to learn dao.
Welcome to read my posts and practice with me on line

http://www.thedaobum...rum/487-awaken/

The dao bums

This is my qq group

Welcome to join me

#20 mvingon

mvingon

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:18 AM

"Buddha learned from two teachers

But he found the way by himself"

I may be completely off point, but is this the point? You can teach me, but the understanding is up to me, whether or not I understand is up to me, fate, or something else?

#21 Cheshire Cat

Cheshire Cat

Cat blessing sentient beings

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 1206 posts
  • Interests:Yoga, Tantra, Meditation,Kabbalah, Sufism, Gnosis, Comparative Religion/Tradition, Health, Psychology, Psychotherapy, Neuroscience, Energy Work, Neidan, Neigong, Kung Fu, Honey, Tribal warfare, Spirits, Shamanism, Beer + orange juice, Sex

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:59 AM

You are not prepared to learn dao.

Yeah, I know... I'm still developing the first level of hatred toward the devilish Wu Liu Pai sect.

But I trust heaven that one day I'll become intolerant enough to learn the true Dao that none possess except you.

Edited by Cheshire Cat, 30 December 2016 - 05:00 AM.

• MIchael80 and SeekerOfHealing said thanks for this

#22 SeekerOfHealing

SeekerOfHealing

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:01 AM

Yeah, I know... I'm still developing the first level of hatred toward the devilish Wu Liu Pai sect.

But I trust heaven that one day I'll become intolerant enough to learn the true Dao that none possess except you.

I like awaken but this was funny tho :D

• Cheshire Cat said thanks for this

#23 ladyniguma

ladyniguma

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:金丹者,性命之別名。

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:52 AM

I found this Taoist Treasury

www.taoistresource.net/doe_idx.htm

Here we see many Taoists texts and English translations

incl. the Wu gen pian - the translation of Paul Crowe - the scholar Taoist text mentioned.

Sorry, if someone already posted this link.

Happy new year everyone!

Edited by ladyniguma, 30 December 2016 - 08:53 AM.

• Brian, Ormus, MIchael80 and 1 other said thanks

#24 SeekerOfHealing

SeekerOfHealing

Dao Bum

• The Dao Bums
  • Pip
  • 547 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

"If any one wishes to cultivate Tao, he should firstly cultivate merits. All the supreme emperors of various heavens, the lofty honored ones of various heavens, the Real Persons in various heavens, and the divinities and immortals of various heavens, had been cultivating merits diligently, so that they had ascended the positions of Sage and Reality, and their ranks were granted according to their merits recorded by the heavens.

If one has accumulated fully one thousand merits, both his body and his divinity (souls) will become immortal; if his merits are near but less than one thousand, his divinity will become immortal but his physical body will decay; if his contributions benefit trillions of people, he will be a guest of the Jade Pure Pellucid One (The Original Universal Lord). He will slough off his mundane body and become an immortal person, and the immortal person will then become a Real Person.

A Real Person is unhindered, and is thoroughly dissolved in the Nature; when his body disperses, he is the diffuse uncreated(pre-cosmic) energy; when the energy converge, he appears as a person. He has unrestricted supernatural abilities, and can transform himself into anything or even be formless; he can fly through the Three Realms, and travel all the dark and bright regions freely.

When I was living in the mundane world, I made contributions to the world, and then when I ascended to the heaven, the gods of heavens announced my merits.

If anyone can vow to pull and relieve all living beings from their sufferings and his heart never retrogrades (keep practicing it and never regret), he will naturally achieve the true Tao"

See, be good and be immortal. No need of methods or anything wu liu pai, true teachers.  B)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neidan, alchemy, zhang boduan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users